Kaepernick workout with Raiders...NFL encouraging teams to give him workouts

Big Turk

Well, I caught part of a Fox Sport Radio a few hours ago, I believe it was "Dan Beyer & 6-Year NFL Tight End George Wrighster". A guest on the show who had insider info believes that Kaepernick will be offered a spot with the Raiders in a few weeks, if someone doesn't sign him first.

They said it was because of the backup QB situation there. After Carr, they have Jarret Stidham, who has never started an NFL game before; Nick Mullens, who, although has shown flashes, has also had issues and was cut by the Browns; and Chase Garbers, a rookie who they are high on, but only as a developmental, PS player this year, especially given Josh McDaniel's complex offense. They wanted Brian Hoyer, but he has a house in New England and wanted to stay there. They also wanted Andy Dalton, but he believes he has a better chance to eventually start in New Orleans, given that Jameis Winston is coming back from an ACL injury, so he wants to stay there. So, this insider believes after the OTA's are done in a few weeks, the Raiders will evaluate their backups and cut one to make room for Colin. He needs to be signed soon to learn McDaniel's' complex system and get the reps, after a 5-year layoff.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

Why is this guy still hanging around?

What makes him so privileged to get all of these chances? 

It’s really odd and seems unfair to up and coming players. 

Edited by Trock
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Trock said:

How many chances has he gotten? Who besides Raiders has brought him in for a workout? Which up and coming players are not given a workout because of Kaepernick? 

Edited by nucci

Part of me wants him to get signed so he can show what 5 years out of a league you weren't good in, would do... but I don't see the saga ending.

If he gets cut after a bad pre-season, it'll be racist.

If he stays as a 3rd or even 2nd stringer, it'll be racist.

Short of him being able to start 17 games and avg 150yds, 50%, and 2:1 int/tds, this will never stop being the narrative.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Part of me wants him to get signed so he can show what 5 years out of a league you weren't good in, would do... but I don't see the saga ending.

If he gets cut after a bad pre-season, it'll be racist.

If he stays as a 3rd or even 2nd stringer, it'll be racist.

Short of him being able to start 17 games and avg 150yds, 50%, and 2:1 int/tds, this will never stop being the narrative.

all the other teams are racist for not trying him out, and the raiders will be racist for not signing him.

• Agree 1

I'm glad he's getting a shot.  The guy led a team to within seconds of winning a SB. At minimum, he would be one of the best backups in the league.

It's embarrassing that he got shut out like he did. We're so afraid of opinions.

33 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm glad he's getting a shot.  The guy led a team to within seconds of winning a SB. At minimum, he would be one of the best backups in the league.

It's embarrassing that he got shut out like he did. We're so afraid of opinions.

If he didn't realize that he'd be pissing off half of the NFL fans, his fans, then that's on him. He has every right to do what he did and the NFL and its' fans had every right to react the way they did.

I guess it might be embarrassing that he got shut out like he did. No one should be surprised. Emotions erupted and smart business didn't want any part of it. Why would a businessman or woman want to align themselves with someone scorned by half of their fanbase? 

1 hour ago, Success said:

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Let me make sure I have this straight.  Dude hasnt played a down in the NFL in 5 yrs, and he'd be one of the best backup QBs in the league?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

I'm glad he's getting a shot.  The guy led a team to within seconds of winning a SB.

That Super Bowl team was lead by a great defense (#2 in league), and a dominating oline that bullied people on the ground

47 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Let me make sure I have this straight.  Dude hasnt played a down in the NFL in 5 yrs, and he'd be one of the best backup QBs in the league?

Don't forget the 2-10 record in his last season as a starter....the Kaep fan boy club doing a lot of 

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Trock said:

Because finding qbs that can actually play are hard to find....there is literally not enough starting caliber qbs to go around in the league.

He had a good season.....got excellent contract before things went south....GMs remember that.

He might flop because he has been away from the game too long who knows?

On 5/25/2022 at 11:07 PM, JoPoy88 said:

It is a privilege that numerous other lesser quarterbacks have enjoyed since the year Kaepernick was blackballed for having inconvenient opinions.

The majority of NFL players have those exact same “inconvenient opinions” without demanding to be the center of attention. Kaep has been out of the league cause he sucked his finals 2 seasons, and a backup QB isn’t worth the headache. Period.

I just looked at the QB depth charts: https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

There's not a lot of room for any QB to just come in now & make a team.  Seattle has the weakest QB group in the league as far as roster spots & no high to mid 2022 draft choices.  Meanwhile Mayfield & Garoppolo are still looking to be traded with it looking more like Garoppolo will stay in SF unless Lance shows massive improvement early in year 2.  That means that for all intents & purposes guys like Kaepernick & 2018 QB draft bust Josh Rosen are not going to be on NFL rosters this season.  Their best shots are to join a practice squad after injuries.  I think it's time for Rosen to get a real job and admit to himself he was the biggest mistake of the 2018 draft.  It's also time for Kaepernick to look at playing in a spring league next year & either light it up & hope to sign a 2023 NFL contract or go out and get a real job too.  

40 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I just looked at the QB depth charts: https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

There's not a lot of room for any QB to just come in now & make a team.  Seattle has the weakest QB group in the league as far as roster spots & no high to mid 2022 draft choices.  Meanwhile Mayfield & Garoppolo are still looking to be traded with it looking more like Garoppolo will stay in SF unless Lance shows massive improvement early in year 2.  That means that for all intents & purposes guys like Kaepernick & 2018 QB draft bust Josh Rosen are not going to be on NFL rosters this season.  Their best shots are to join a practice squad after injuries.  I think it's time for Rosen to get a real job and admit to himself he was the biggest mistake of the 2018 draft.  It's also time for Kaepernick to look at playing in a spring league next year & either light it up & hope to sign a 2023 NFL contract or go out and get a real job too.  

Kaepernick earns a few million/year in endorsements and has a net worth of about $20 million.  His real job has been working with not-for-profits and civil rights groups.  Pretty noble if you ask me.

18 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

That Super Bowl team was lead by a great defense (#2 in league), and a dominating oline that bullied people on the ground

Don't forget the 2-10 record in his last season as a starter....the Kaep fan boy club doing a lot of 

giphy.gif

You can’t give all the credit to the defense and O Line for the SB run then give all the blame to Kap on the 2-10 season.  

That 2-10 season the Niners had maybe the largest loss of talent for any team in NFL history over the previous 2 seasons.  

Every single good player on both offense and defense for the SB year was basically gone due to early surprise retirements, injuries, free agency, trades, and suspensions.  Not to mention the massive downgrade at HC.

No offense, you either don’t really know enough of the details here to have an accurate opinion or you’re just ignoring facts.  Either way, giving all the credit to his team, then ignoring the fact that whole team and HC were gone to just blame it all on Kap is pointless and totally contradictory statements.  Even worse was that Kap wasn’t even playing that bad in that last season considering that team was one of the worst rosters in the league with the worst coaching in the NFL that year.  

Im not saying he’s gonna be good or bad, but he does deserve an opportunity to show what he might be capable of.  And too many people who don’t know enough about the facts of his years in SF keep painting overly exaggerated accounts of him and those teams.  

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.