Kaepernick workout with Raiders...NFL encouraging teams to give him workouts

Big Turk

34 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

back on that ol’ chestnut huh. You know the details of that contract? Of course not. Either way, doesn’t explain the next 6 years does it? 

Seriously, show me you CHUD level of this topic some more.

CHUD.  Cannibalistic humanoid underground dweller????

Not sure what the Raiders are thinking other than to save face with the John Gruden accusations.  The guy simply can't play.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

His star had faded even before he was suspended.  For a season or two, he was almost dominant in the league, but there was something about his game that D coordinators picked up on and he couldn't correct or compensate for.  So he was not as dominant anymore although he was certainly still better than a lot of the employed scrub QBs out there.

Whether he's aged to the point where his arm or legs don't allow him to be effective, I don't know but I have my doubts he'll be any better than an adequate backup at this point.  

• Like (+1) 2

He said he is willing to be a backup now (and I assume that means backup money). That's a new development because all indications have been that he was always looking for a starting gig and starting money, which is why nothing ever materialized.

Guess we'll see what happens.

55 minutes ago, Utah John said:

His star had faded even before he was suspended.  For a season or two, he was almost dominant in the league, but there was something about his game that D coordinators picked up on and he couldn't correct or compensate for.  So he was not as dominant anymore although he was certainly still better than a lot of the employed scrub QBs out there.

Whether he's aged to the point where his arm or legs don't allow him to be effective, I don't know but I have my doubts he'll be any better than an adequate backup at this point.  

Well, I think they picked up on the fact that he couldn't throw a football very well. Once they took away his running, he had nothing left.

I also felt like he got super skinny and that made him easier to deal with as a runner as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Vince McMahon wanted to give Kaepernick a shot in the XFL.

Kaepernick said he would do it if he got $20 million.

We're still supposed to believe that this guy still wants to play football? Give me a break.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, The Red King said:

Again, right or wrong, he is at a point now where he is going to be a major distraction anywhere he signs.

8 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

For the team because half the questions the media will ask the players/coaches all year will be on kaepernick.

Nah.

No one cares about kneeling or not kneeling anymore.  Players in every sports league are allowed to express themselves.  The NFL is all in on social justice awareness.

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Sorry but didn't he make a Netflix show that basically equated playing in the nfl to slavery? 

Had enough of the BS. Multi millionaire brats.

No credibility. Why any team would give this guy time is silly.

Good for him if he actually gets to play again. 

I won't watch the games he's in.

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

The shitshow continues.

Assuming the Raiders do even offer a contract, it won't be as a starter. Most likely it would be a 3rd string / prove it type contract which he would decline and the narrative will continue

Does anyone remember the previous couple seasons before Kap left for good?  He was not good.  If teams don't want to give him a shot it's because they know his being out of the league 5 years isn't going to make him better.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Distraction for who? Distracting to fans? Because I've never heard of teammates having any issues with him.

Think Tim Tebow 2.0. Sadly Kaepernick is polarizing to some for his kneeling to the flag, personally I had no issue with it but others do.

I think McCoy said it best.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/lesean-mccoy-colin-kaepernick-not-talented-enough-distraction

RCHARD PARK, N.Y.  -- Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy believes one reason teams haven't signed quarterback Colin Kaepernick is because he represents too much of a distraction for a player who would likely be a backup.

"It's a lot more than just he's not on the team because he doesn't want to stand for the national anthem," McCoy said at his locker on Thursday. "That may have something to do with it, but I think also it has a lot to do with his play."

Kaepernick remains unsigned after opting out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers after last season. Some fans have complained that he is not with a team because owners and the NFL are punishing him for refusing to stand for the national anthem to protest police brutality against blacks.

"There's certain players that could be on the team with big distractions, and there's other players that it's not good enough or not worth it," McCoy said.

He said it's easier on teams to take on a distraction if it involves a star player such as Patriots quarterback Tom Brady or New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. He said that's not the case with Kaepernick because Kaepernick would have difficulty making some rosters.

"He's really not that good of a player, you know what I'm saying?" he said.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

we’re down to relying on clichés. Guess that’s an obvious endpoint.

All's well that ends well.

(sorry, I couldn't resist adding another cliche.)

I honestly don't have an opinion on the matter, other than I am interested in seeing how he performs, after all that time away from the game. If he is successful, that could prompt other players to try comebacks after long breaks as well, i.e. Andrew Luck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.