How Much Is an Order of Chicken Wings Where You At?

Gugny

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Wings at BWW in Sherman, Texas are $14 for 10. 

And they are trash. I actually ordered wings from Chili's in Ada, Oklahoma a few months ago and almost threw up. 

Just can't get good wings around here. 

I was in Flagstaff Aizona and saw a "Best wings in town" sign so I pulled in.

Place was packed, worst wings I've ever had in my life. Size of my pinky and my teeth bounced off the rubbery meat as I tried to eat them. Asked for my check and left. 

The standard in Austin for wings is either 5 or 6 wings for $10-$12. This was pre-pandemic too. One place used to do a $0.75 wing night prior to the pandemic but they stopped and to my knowledge haven't resumed. As a result I don't eat wings much as there are better values, especially considering that the quality of wings down here isn't great to begin with.

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

So $13.45 USD for six wings, fries and a salad.

How were the wings??

Pretty darn good.  Not "Buffalo" style (Franks) but still really good.

I also ordered a burger from them which I heard were really good.  They were, but... they knocked me on my butt with a "food coma", as the Mrs says.

I swear, we went back to our little beach shack and slept for a solid 2-3 hours as my body was struggling to process the massive amounts of grease.

In my 53+ years, I've never had that happen to me.

That said, you should go and try them out for yourself!

Edited by Bad Things
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

In the last couple weeks, I've noticed a lot of places advertising wing specials ... many to the tune of 10 wings for $10.

Prior to that, I'd noticed that the price/10 was creeping up to $17 and even $18 at some local establishments.

I hope the recent specials are a sign of the regular prices coming back down to earth.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.