How Much Is an Order of Chicken Wings Where You At?

Gugny

12 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Tree fitty.

Hey, I remember 50 cent wing specials in the early 2000s.  I remember in college getting a dozen delivered to my dorm for Monday Night Football for  ~$7.

50 cent wings?! 

hell they used to be 25¢, 10¢…. Some bars used to give them away for free back in the day!

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

50 cent wings?! 

hell they used to be 25¢, 10¢…. Some bars used to give them away for free back in the day!

No kidding! They were cheap to make and buy, and the longer you stayed to eat them, the more you spent on the high margin alcohol. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

THIS IS OUR YEAR!

This is what I have been waiting for.  Everything went price crazy over the last two years. So, when prices of product go back down, will those reductions be passed on to the consumer?

I already know the answer. 

2 hours ago, BTB said:

This is what I have been waiting for.  Everything went price crazy over the last two years. So, when prices of product go back down, will those reductions be passed on to the consumer?

I already know the answer. 

Same will happen with gas.  When gas gets down to $3.99/gallon, we're all going to think that's cheap, when just a couple years ago, we were paying less than $3/gallon.

I think $16 for 10 wings is generally going to remain the norm moving forward.

Mind f*ckery.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a holiday in the Cook Islands.

While on the island of Aitutaki, we went out to the Avatea Cafe, where they had Buffalo Wings on the menu for $22 (NZD)

I couldn't believe they had them on the menu so I ordered some.

6 wings with fries and a salad.  Not "Buffalo" seasoning but a garlic, sweet chili sauce.

$22!!!

The strange thing about it was that most of the other food was reasonably priced.

278708752_531396571718157_23919751836123

On 8/13/2022 at 7:40 PM, Buffalo716 said:

50 cent wings?! 

But how much were you making an hour?  Like people complaining about gasoline.   Gasoline was $0.20/gallon in 1937.  Adjusted for inflation today, that's $4.11 a gallon. $0.19/gallon, just a penny less is: $3.91.

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com

$15/hour in 2022 is $8.72 in Y2K, 2000.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

We just returned from a holiday in the Cook Islands.

While on the island of Aitutaki, we went out to the Avatea Cafe, where they had Buffalo Wings on the menu for $22 (NZD)

I couldn't believe they had them on the menu so I ordered some.

6 wings with fries and a salad.  Not "Buffalo" seasoning but a garlic, sweet chili sauce.

$22!!!

The strange thing about it was that most of the other food was reasonably priced.

278708752_531396571718157_23919751836123

So $13.45 USD for six wings, fries and a salad.

How were the wings??

36 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Wings at BWW in Sherman, Texas are $14 for 10. 

And they are trash. I actually ordered wings from Chili's in Ada, Oklahoma a few months ago and almost threw up. 

Just can't get good wings around here. 

That's a bummer.  We've got a couple local places who make decent wings; one of them (The Bullpen in Glens Falls, NY) makes wings that I consider the best I've had, other than Bar Bill. 

Last year, my girlfriend and I went to the Cheesecake Factory for a little bite to eat prior to attending a Joan Jett concert.  On a whim, I decided to get their wings.  They were surprisingly very, very good.  If you have the opportunity in your area, I'd suggest giving them a try.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But how much were you making an hour?  Like people complaining about gasoline.   Gasoline was $0.20/gallon in 1937.  Adjusted for inflation today, that's $4.11 a gallon. $0.19/gallon, just a penny less is: $3.91.

I remember late 1980's, if you saw gas for over $1/gallon, you kept driving because someone was going to have it for under $1/gallon further down the road. 

I also remember spring 2001, gas in my area shot up to $1.45/gallon and people wondered how they were going to survive such a huge increase in price. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.