How Much Is an Order of Chicken Wings Where You At?

Gugny

Without getting into WHY wings are more expensive, the bottom line is that they are.

What I've noticed since this recent increase is that restaurants are either listing FAIR MARKET PRICE on the menu, or - lately - just putting a crazy price on there.

Over the past several months, I've had wings on multiple occasions.

I'm not sure about where you live, but where I am (Saratoga/Lake George region), a dozen wings is unheard of and has been for years.  The standard is now 10.

In the last two weeks alone, I've noticed two different establishments now serving 8 wings as an order.  The average price is about $16.

I talked myself into being okay with paying $16 for 10 wings.

I even got duped into getting 8 wings for $16 last weekend.  The bartender/server told me that they were bigger and meatier than the average wing.  The little slut lied right through her teeth. They were standard wings and I paid $2/each.  Never going THERE again.

Interested to know others' local trends.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I even got duped into getting 8 wings for $16 last weekend.  The bartender/server told me that they were bigger and meatier than the average wing.  The little slut lied right through her teeth. They were standard wings and I paid $2/each.  Never going THERE again.

Wow... Whata pisser...

11 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

You sure you didn't order Lobster, by mistake? 

Lobster was prison food in Maine @ one time... 

@Gugny... I hope you tipped.  Gave her a $20 bill... 😆 

4 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

Just paid $15 for 10 wings last week.  About an hour north of you in Schroon Lake.  They were pretty good but the days of 50 cent wings are long gone.

Schroon Lake (the lake and the area) is beautiful.  My son and I rented a cabin in Johnsburgh last year and loved it.

Yeah .. I know cheap wings are a thing of the past, for sure!  But anything less than 10 in an order is ridiculous to me.

$15 for ten wings at this time, to me, is something I'm okay paying.  Not happy .. but okay.

7 minutes ago, Rico said:

Arby’s boneless with crinkle fries,

6 pcs for $6 or 9 pcs for $7.

"WE HAVE THE MEATS!"

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Schroon Lake (the lake and the area) is beautiful.  My son and I rented a cabin in Johnsburgh last year and loved it.

Yeah .. I know cheap wings are a thing of the past, for sure!  But anything less than 10 in an order is ridiculous to me.

$15 for ten wings at this time, to me, is something I'm okay paying.  Not happy .. but okay.

How was the atmosphere @ the bar?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"WE HAVE THE MEATS!"

How was the atmosphere @ the bar?

We had the place to ourselves.  Atmosphere was fine.  Music (I think it was Sirius Yacht Rock)  was great.  She got a 20% tip.  The food was bush league and we'll never go back.

Girlfriend got a steak quesadilla that was big, but lacking flavor.

Buddy got fish and chips and the fish looked like it was a Gorton's Fisherman special.

His wife got boneless wings that were overcooked.

My wings were good.  But not $2/wing good by any stretch.

Not her fault.  She was nice, so she got the 20%.  

She'll just never see us again, that's all.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks to a previous thread about wings, I decided to try making my own. I bought a package of fresh wings (flats and drumetts separated) for about $3/lb. (Frozen wings were about the same price.) Marinated them in red wine vinegar, grilled 'em, and tossed 'em in a bowl with Frank's RedHot. They were excellent, although not very crispy. (Not soggy, just not crispy.) Had leftovers, so the next night I reheated them on the grill, and they were crispier. Next time I'll put them back on the grill after applying the sauce.

And we recently bought a range with an air fry feature, so I'm gonna make wings in that too.

• Like (+1) 1

the place i like to go to has 10 wings for 18 bucks.  at the same place you can get a really good burger and fries for $16.  it's getting hard to justify wings.  i've just started making them on a cast iron skillet in my pizza oven.  they're amazing.

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Thanks to a previous thread about wings, I decided to try making my own. I bought a package of fresh wings (flats and drumetts separated) for about $3/lb. (Frozen wings were about the same price.) Marinated them in red wine vinegar, grilled 'em, and tossed 'em in a bowl with Frank's RedHot. They were excellent, although not very crispy. (Not soggy, just not crispy.) Had leftovers, so the next night I reheated them on the grill, and they were crispier. Next time I'll put them back on the grill after applying the sauce.

And we recently bought a range with an air fry feature, so I'm gonna make wings in that too.

i'm not sure how well it works on the grill, but try rolling them in vegetable oil.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.