Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

20 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You’re happy about this? The Pats had 20 + years to not worry about the division and as soon as we get good the Fins and Jets get good too? Seems to me that any Bills fan would be pissed about this.

I don’t think like that. I like the rivalries. Plus Miami still is chasing us. Jets chasing both until their QB gets settled.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

6 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

The jets are not good

We can all agree that the Jets QB is not good. That's a gimmie.

Injuries to the OL and RB positions notwithstanding, QB might be the ONLY organizationally-unanticipated weak link. They've built a talented roster, minus the most important position in football. Which means they probably suck to play against. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

We can all agree that the Jets QB is not good. That's a gimmie.

Injuries to the OL and RB positions notwithstanding, QB might be the ONLY organizationally-unanticipated weak link. They've built a talented roster, minus the most important position in football. Which means they probably suck to play against. 

Lot of football left we'll see where the jets end up in grand scheme... remind me a lot of those "good start 7-9" seasons the bills used to have.

4 hours ago, gordong said:

Come on you seriously think they are even close to buffalo or KC...  come on man.  tua is an average QB....   that alone is a HUGE difference between these teams...

I don’t see Tua as average. He executes his one read at a high level. That, or the scheme gets his one read open all the time. But either way, take away his first option, and he doesn’t have answers.

7 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

I don’t see Tua as average. He executes his one read at a high level. That, or the scheme gets his one read open all the time. But either way, take away his first option, and he doesn’t have answers.

Tua is better than we give him credit for and McDaniel is doing a good job scheming for him. I agree with the first read thing, I also think if Hill or Waddle was out for an extended period of time, the Dolphins would really struggle 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Are you saying that he is below average?

He's above average doing what they ask him to do, which is drop back and throw it to the first read who may or may not be covered, but usually isn't according to scheme.

He puts up yards and stats, but in general is still "meh" far too often for me.  IMO, the scheme and tons of speed on the offense is making him look better than he actually is for now. He has definitely improved, but he still has a long way to go.  His best attribute is other teams seemingly don't like catching balls he throws right to them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just some more food for thought regarding Tua and the type of year he's having...Tyreek Hill is on his way not only to the best year of his career, but shattering the all time NFL single season receiving records.

So for those that still doubt Tua, keep in mind that Hill never had a season like this all those years in KC with Mahomes throwing the ball to him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Lot of football left we'll see where the jets end up in grand scheme... remind me a lot of those "good start 7-9" seasons the bills used to have.

Well 2 of their best guys are done for the year.  This year is toast for them.  They'll probably be good next year though assuming Breece plays roughly half the year.   Their last draft was excellent. 

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Just some more food for thought regarding Tua and the type of year he's having...Tyreek Hill is on his way not only to the best year of his career, but shattering the all time NFL single season receiving records.

So for those that still doubt Tua, keep in mind that Hill never had a season like this all those years in KC with Mahomes throwing the ball to him.

Yeah people are stuck on Tua sucks.  While I don't think he's great he has improved considerably.   

25 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Hill with Tua 5.5 games 119.4 ypg avg

Hill with Bridewater/3rd string guy 2.5 games 121.6 ypg avg

Tua 305 ypg avg

Bridgewater 348 ypg avg

This was counting half a game each for Bengals because thats pretty much what it was.  This isnt to knock Tua.  He has played well.  Just saying... Hill didnt drop off and Bridgewater had even more yards passing per game than Tua.

Just a little more food for thought.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 2

When you have a outside physician saying you should retire immediately because of the severity of his concussions that he has sustained and his diagnosis from these its not looking good moving forward,  the odds that Tua will make it the rest of the season is highly doubtful.  Especially with all the new rules just put in place by the NFL after his last TKO.  He is on borrowed time and I don't mean this in a negative way.  He was warned about his susceptibility to concussions weeks ago. 

We will see.... what happens.

Edited by Toyo321

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Hill with Tua 5.5 games 119.4 ypg avg

Hill with Bridewater/3rd string guy 2.5 games 121.6 ypg avg

Tua 305 ypg avg

Bridgewater 348 ypg avg

This was counting half a game each for Bengals because thats pretty much what it was.  This isnt to knock Tua.  He has played well.  Just saying... Hill didnt drop off and Bridgewater had even more yards passing per game than Tua.

Just a little more food for thought.

Interesting.  Thanks for making me aware of that.

I know Tua has improved but how much is him and how much is he a "Goff" in a system that is currently working well?

Miami has a good team.  I want to see more from them before I say how good they really are.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I know Tua has improved but how much is him and how much is he a "Goff" in a system that is currently working well?

Miami has a good team.  I want to see more from them before I say how good they really are.

I think he is a decent QB but is limited in what he can do.  He is playing well but he has the best WR duo in the league, a very good TE, and a very good and fast back. McDaniels put together a nice system for him that take advantage of their speed on offense plus Tuas quick decision/release that he does excel at.  JMO.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

new coach 'new team' essentially not a lot of tape to go off of and I am sure the coaching/scheme has a lot to do with the success. 

Tyreek hill has always been WR1 IMO so it's no surprise he makes miami more dangerous. From the moment they picked him up I knew they'd be more dangerous. That said I think they have done a lot of 'wowing' against sub-par opponents and a lot of having to "come from behind" due to playing terrible for the first half of the game etc. 

Their best win is against the bills if you ask me and to be honest most people see that one as the bills beating themselves. 

Edited by BillsFan692

9 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Hill just can't seem to find the endzone though. Almost a 1,000 yards and only 2 TDs(Both in the same game). Easily on pace for his worst season in that regard. That's a ton of yards for only having 2 TDs. It's either he can't find the endzone or Tua keeps under throwing him and allowing defenders to catch up and tackle him. I've seen enough of him this year to know the answer to that question.

12 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I suspect Hill would have had better numbers in KC if Kelce wasn't gobbling up 1,200 yards year in, year out. But Waddle is having a great season too so who knows. Mahomes can pass completions to seven different players in a game though. As good as he is, Tua doesn't do that.

Edited by galept
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, DJB said:

Tua is a game managing QB. Not one that will ever beat you on his own

6 Tds and over 600 passing yards is a lot more than game managing. Also he put the team on his back against the lions because the first 3 quarters their defense couldn’t stop a nose bleed. I think most of us here have to give him credit where it’s due, he’s changed for the better and has improved a lot compared to where he was his last two years. Also this season shows just how bad of a HC Brian Flores really was and how much he set Tua back. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

6 Tds and over 600 passing yards is a lot more than game managing. Also he put the team on his back against the lions because the first 3 quarters their defense couldn’t stop a nose bleed. I think most of us here have to give him credit where it’s due, he’s changed for the better and has improved a lot compared to where he was his last two years. Also this season shows just how bad of a HC Brian Flores really was and how much he set Tua back. 

People here took longer than this to give Josh his propers. GTFOH with this 

Let's see tooa do it for three years then we'll talk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.