Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

11 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm not trying to be that guy. I know the Bills can beat this team that I despise, but I in no way think that it's a given. In paper and on the field they are almost as much of a menace as KC (I may regret that comment lol). It's the BILLS, KC and Miami in the AFC. I just can't take them lightly. 

Come on you seriously think they are even close to buffalo or KC...  come on man.  tua is an average QB....   that alone is a HUGE difference between these teams....

Bills out played them in the last game and we had our entire starting secondary out of the game...  we just got Tre back on top of that...   Sorry just don't see it....  I know it the NFL and any given Sunday but these teams play 10 times the bills are winning 9 of them...   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Let's see them come here in temperatures like the NE playoff game. Down 4 secondary guys(3 former All-Pros), 7 starters in all, start 2 rookie corners, lose one rookie corner and replace with a practice squad UDFA rookie, Waddle will need to be severely hobbled like Gabe was, lose another WR that gets some reps(Kumerow) and in the 2nd half be on their 3rd string Center and 2nd string RG & RT. Hill can only play a few plays in the 4th with frostbite(Diggs) and at the same time have their TE & #3 WR in the locker room getting warmed up(Knox & McKenzie). If they can still put up 497 yards, hold us to 212 yards and only lose by 2(But have several chances to win). Then and only then will I feel they belong on the same level as Buffalo & KC.

its hard to believe how many players we were down that day.... that is not happening ever again.  they are not a Super Bowl team...not in the AFC.  Chubb is a nice get for them but for me he doesn't move the needle much, if at all. they have 3 players from that secondary on IR now...   and who know how long Tua lasts before he get's another concussion. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, gordong said:

its hard to believe how many players we were down that day.... that is not happening ever again.  they are not a Super Bowl team...not in the AFC.  Chubb is a nice get for them but for me he doesn't move the needle much, if at all. they have 3 players from that secondary on IR now...   and who know how long Tua lasts before he get's another concussion. 

How big of an impact will the trade for Chubb make on Miami being able to win the Super Bowl. According to Vegas, none. +3,000 before the trade, +3,000 afterwards.

• Like (+1) 2

Tua is a Franchise QB in my opinion, but he is on oxygen support.

A. He is not a top 10 QB in this league. I don't care what 1 or 2 stats some of you just stare at

B. He is serviceable maybe 15th best QB in the league only because of the targets he has.

C. He is on Oxygen support cause if he gets one more bad concussion? that might do it for his career. 

53 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If they were not playing in a sauna in Miami we win that game

In reality though if the Bills would have simply executed better the weather wouldn’t have mattered.

*Josh sacked and fumble at the 5 gave them an easy touchdown.

*Debacle before halftime which cost them a FG

*Failed 4th down conversion by Josh who shortarmmed a TD to McKenzie
*End of game debacle to not get out of bounds to kick a FG

With all that said it’s naive to think MIA hasn’t gotten better. It’s the NFL and if the Bills don’t execute they are certainly beatable. MIA coaching is better and they’ve put TUA in a scheme to be successful. Bills can’t afford  overlook MIA.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

In reality though if the Bills would have simply executed better the weather wouldn’t have mattered.

*Josh sacked and fumble at the 5 gave them an easy touchdown.

*Debacle before halftime which cost them a FG

*Failed 4th down conversion by Josh who shortarmmed a TD to McKenzie
*End of game debacle to not get out of bounds to kick a FG

With all that said it’s naive to think MIA hasn’t gotten better. It’s the NFL and if the Bills don’t execute they are certainly beatable. MIA coaching is better and they’ve put TUA in a scheme to be successful. Bills can’t afford  overlook MIA.

They are our only loss this year there is no way on earth that the bills overlook Miami

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm not trying to be that guy. I know the Bills can beat this team that I despise, but I in no way think that it's a given. In paper and on the field they are almost as much of a menace as KC (I may regret that comment lol). It's the BILLS, KC and Miami in the AFC. I just can't take them lightly. 

Our entire secondary was out, 2 of our D linemen were out, our center was out, then during the game we lost a WR, another DB, our backup center, another O lineman, and 2 of our WR's barely played the 2nd half because of heat sickness, and yet we still had every chance to win, but failed to execute, and only lost by 2. That tells me that a mostly healthy Bills team playing the Fish in non-sauna weather is a boat race. It will be in December.

Also, people talk about Tua's record as a starter the last 2 years, but no one mentions those opponents, they haven't exactly played a tough schedule. Other than wins vs Balt x 2, and Buffalo, they've beaten NE x 3, Jets x 2, Carolina, Giants, NO, Detroit, and Pitt. Buffalo x 2, Tennessee, and Cincy all beat them by double digits. 

If this Dolphins team was so scary, they wouldn't be +3000 to win the SB, they'd be more like +700 or something like that. Bills are +230. Nobody digs deeper into sports than Vegas oddsmakers, I trust them more than any talking head. Upsets do happen, but I wouldn't bet against Buffalo when it comes to Miami.

Edited by Amaru523

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s playing well. This is exactly what scouts envisioned. A Drew Brees like facilitator of the football. Point guard like. Good for Miami.

The rivalry is back! 

You’re happy about this? The Pats had 20 + years to not worry about the division and as soon as we get good the Fins and Jets get good too? Seems to me that any Bills fan would be pissed about this.

3 hours ago, gordong said:

Come on you seriously think they are even close to buffalo or KC...  come on man.  tua is an average QB....   that alone is a HUGE difference between these teams....

Bills out played them in the last game and we had our entire starting secondary out of the game...  we just got Tre back on top of that...   Sorry just don't see it....  I know it the NFL and any given Sunday but these teams play 10 times the bills are winning 9 of them...   

I feel ya man. I watched too. I watched the Bills be the better team. I watched the Bills beat themselves. But the fact is the Bills also lost. Miami is a good team. I hate em but I'm just saying the game isnt as much of a given as it was in the past. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.