Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

1 hour ago, DQW87 said:

Yeah, I remember reading stories about how Nathan Peterman was really impressing people at practice too.

People keep saying this but big difference between a 5th round QB that was never expected to amount to much and was a complete dumpster fire in the handful of NFL games he started vs a top 5 overall pick who has actually shown flashes his first few years and is now entering a pivotal 3rd season with the best compliment of players he's had around him.

At the end of the day though nothing is guaranteed and Tua could still crash and burn this year.

40 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

People keep saying this but big difference between a 5th round QB that was never expected to amount to much and was a complete dumpster fire in the handful of NFL games he started vs a top 5 overall pick who has actually shown flashes his first few years and is now entering a pivotal 3rd season with the best compliment of players he's had around him.

At the end of the day though nothing is guaranteed and Tua could still crash and burn this year.

I'm really wondering what "flashes" people see in Tua. Hes just been pretty meh to me. Like what skill is he about to unlock that is going to take him from being a low end starter to elite talent? I don't see it

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'm really wondering what "flashes" people see in Tua. Hes just been pretty meh to me. Like what skill is he about to unlock that is going to take him from being a low end starter to elite talent? I don't see it

Tua reminds me alotttt of Tyrod. He is not bad, he has had moments where you can say "hey he might have something", but overall never can put it fully together then .500 to wild card spot. I wouldn't be surprised if Tua gets the Phins a playoff spot as his weapons' are good, but like SF with Jimmy G I think they end up desiring more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/24/2022 at 5:22 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Lot of hype coming out of Miami these days....if Tua does in fact take off this year like JA17 did in year 3 the dolphins are going to be a big problem.

This is a complete nonsense and a total lie of what is actually going on Tua  has looked like TRASH so far !! 

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

What flashes has he shown ??? Show me one throw in 21 games that anyone said wow , JUST  ONE I’ll wait !!!

Edited by Putin

5 hours ago, corta765 said:

Tua reminds me alotttt of Tyrod. He is not bad, he has had moments where you can say "hey he might have something", but overall never can put it fully together then .500 to wild card spot. I wouldn't be surprised if Tua gets the Phins a playoff spot as his weapons' are good, but like SF with Jimmy G I think they end up desiring more.

I agree completely on Tyrod. Here is a collection of his "he might have something" moments. Looks like Tua's highlights. Unfortunately, it does not show the other 95% of his throws.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DrW said:

I agree completely on Tyrod. Here is a collection of his "he might have something" moments. Looks like Tua's highlights. Unfortunately, it does not show the other 95% of his throws.

Tyrod actually had a beautiful deep ball I have never seen Tua make a throw like that !! 

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Tyrod actually had a beautiful deep ball I have never seen Tua make a throw like that !! 

I think that’s only because you are still waiting for Tua’s ball to arrive. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I think that’s only because you are still waiting for Tua’s to arrive. 

I’m hoping Tua is just ok so they stick with him , not good enough to win a playoff game and not bad enough to move on from …

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tyreek is going to sink that whole organization. Andy Reid managed him to best of his ability and Patrick force fed him the ball. There’s no way a young rookie head coach and a shoddy qb will be able to contain tyreeks frustration and keep him satisfied. I expect him to blow up Antonio brown style by half way through the season. 

I mean look, he’s regretting his decision of leaving the chiefs, bc he’s obviously not over them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Putin said:

That was the part about Ty that drove you nuts. He would have games he would show incredible flashes or a few games like SEA/MIA-wk16 in 2016 where he looked the part of a franchise. But the consistency and decision making never was enough.

Like I said Tua, Tyrod, Jimmy G are all guys with a certain ceiling where you can do some stuff, but when the chips are on the table their not it. They are not bad QBs, they are 100% the type for a down franchise that can help elevate things back up to some standard, but they tease your expectations.

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2022 at 9:56 AM, Warcodered said:

On 6/13/2022 at 10:41 AM, DQW87 said:

Yeah, I remember reading stories about how Nathan Peterman was really impressing people at practice too.

Felt like the painfully slow moving sideline outs and the Peterman reference should be grouped together for maximum effect...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.