Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

On 5/31/2022 at 10:30 AM, FilthyBeast said:

I see another poster shared the link to the article I was was referencing about Jones possibly being in the MVP conversation.

Obviously the difference between Jones being a 'dark horse' MVP and our own stud QB being an MVP is that the former would be unexpected compared to a more proven commodity like JA17/Mahomes/Rogers/Brady/etc.

But when you look at Mac Jones specifically relevant to the Pats roster (specifically on offense) it's already very impressive what he did as a rookie so if he were to truly carry the team this year similar to his predecessor in years past it's definitely not out of the realm of feasibility for him to win MVP.

AFC East schedule was a joke last year.  Mac and the pats struggled down the stretch when they started seeing good teams and they will struggle next season too.  

the bills will likely win 11 or 12 because we were so snakebit in close games and we added von miller at a position of need.  I think the pats are about to get exposed though 

the dolphins I can’t even really predict…they have an objectively better team than last year but I don’t ever see tua beating josh in a shootout so I don’t think they really pose much of a threat to us.  Teams like the colts and titans have given us trouble in the past and they seem to be going in the opposite direction of that.  I think tua will not be the thing holding them back though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

AFC East schedule was a joke last year.  Mac and the pats struggled down the stretch when they started seeing good teams and they will struggle next season too.  

the bills will likely win 11 or 12 because we were so snakebit in close games and we added von miller at a position of need.  I think the pats are about to get exposed though 

the dolphins I can’t even really predict…they have an objectively better team than last year but I don’t ever see tua beating josh in a shootout so I don’t think they really pose much of a threat to us.  Teams like the colts and titans have given us trouble in the past and they seem to be going in the opposite direction of that.  I think tua will not be the thing holding them back though 

Jones doesnt have enough around him to put up the numbers needed to be a MVP.  There is talk about Allen having struggles without Daboll.  Look at Buffalo new offensive coaches and compare them to New England.  They have career special teams coaches and career Defensive coaches replacing Mcdaniels.  Mcdaniels is a top 3 offensive coach.  Not having him was going to affect Jones.  Not replacing him will ruin Jones imo.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, wppete said:

Tua is bench by game 5. I’ll put money on it. Who’s the backup? 

I’m no Tua fan but I’ll take you up on your bet if you’re serious. His backup is Teddy Bridgewater.

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

How much?

Nothing crazy, just a friendly $100 wager.

Edit: Let me know if the bet is good. Not saying you’re the type who’d later try to collect on an unconfirmed bet, but it has to be agreed upon before it’s valid.

Edited by JayBaller10
Details
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Nothing crazy, just a friendly $100 wager.

Edit: Let me know if the bet is good. Not saying you’re the type who’d later try to collect on an unconfirmed bet, but it has to be agreed upon before it’s valid.

😂 sorry thought you knew I was kidding. I don’t bet. I’m sure some sports book out there has that bet. Sorry for the confusion. I still think he gets benched by week 5. Awful QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/31/2022 at 10:06 AM, gobills404 said:

Josh Allen is becoming the new “Peyton has the rookie record for interceptions”

An incredibly deceptive Tweet.

Notice the use of "First 21 games"

There is no mention of the "First TWO SEASONS" where Tua missed 6 games in 2020 and 4 games in 2021.

So in TWO seasons, Tua missed 10 games.

More proof that Tua is made of glass.

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

Either your reading comprehension is poor, or you are are being deliberately obtuse if you think that article from the the Boston media, which was based on some silly speculation game on NFL Network at a very slow NFL news time of the year, constitutes "rumblings around the league" or any sort of actual legitimate belief that Matt Jones could be an MVP candidate.  No one in their right mind believes that.  That has about as much chance of happening as Tua hitting Tyreek Hill in stride on a deep post.

Mahomes and Lamar Jackson both won MVP in their 2nd NFL seasons, although the former only played one game as a rookie.

Mac Jones had one of the better rookie seasons in recent memory and was a legit MVP candidate at one point last year before the Pats crumbled towards the end of the season.

So to say he can be a dark horse candidate this year is certainly not out of the realm of possibility just not as likely as some of the more bigger names in the current discussion.

On 5/31/2022 at 10:06 AM, gobills404 said:

Josh Allen is becoming the new “Peyton has the rookie record for interceptions”

It amazes me that there are some people out there that don't understand the differences between Tua's journey to the NFL and Allen's.  Tua had the best coaching and teammates from high school through college.  He had the best trainers, facilities, dieticians, etc.  Allen came into the league with tons of untapped potential.  Tua is tapped out and is likely as good as he is ever going to be.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Jones doesnt have enough around him to put up the numbers needed to be a MVP.  There is talk about Allen having struggles without Daboll.  Look at Buffalo new offensive coaches and compare them to New England.  They have career special teams coaches and career Defensive coaches replacing Mcdaniels.  Mcdaniels is a top 3 offensive coach.  Not having him was going to affect Jones.  Not replacing him will ruin Jones imo.

Yeah, McDaniel is a top OC and they're replacing him with defensive or STs coaches, none of whom have called plays before.  I don't feel people are taking that into account enough and feel they think that Belicheat is such a great coach he can even call offensive plays.  :rolleyes:

And while Daboll did well with Josh,  at every other stop he was gone within a year or two.  Having Dorsey, who has been in the system for 3 seasons now and was groomed to be the OC, not to mention played QB at a premier program, things should be seamless and could be better.

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Mahomes and Lamar Jackson both won MVP in their 2nd NFL seasons, although the former only played one game as a rookie.

Mac Jones had one of the better rookie seasons in recent memory and was a legit MVP candidate at one point last year before the Pats crumbled towards the end of the season.

So to say he can be a dark horse candidate this year is certainly not out of the realm of possibility just not as likely as some of the more bigger names in the current discussion.

Jones wasn't anywhere close to an NFL MVP candidate last year.  Offensive rookie of the year, sure.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

It amazes me that there are some people out there that don't understand the differences between Tua's journey to the NFL and Allen's.  Tua had the best coaching and teammates from high school through college.  He had the best trainers, facilities, dieticians, etc.  Allen came into the league with tons of untapped potential.  Tua is tapped out and is likely as good as he is ever going to be.  

It's still a bit premature to stay Tua has reached what ever ceiling he has in this league. He wasn't drafted in the top 5 just because he played on Alabama and was surrounded by future pro bowlers. The consensus belief is that he was a big part of why a lot of these other guys were successful and a blue chip prospect with franchise potential. It was expected for him to be a top 5 pick (even #1 overall before injury).

JA17 on the other hand was drafted in the top 10 soly on raw talent and potential, not what he did in college which wasn't much obviously so no debating that part.

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

An incredibly deceptive Tweet.

Notice the use of "First 21 games"

There is no mention of the "First TWO SEASONS" where Tua missed 6 games in 2020 and 4 games in 2021.

So in TWO seasons, Tua missed 10 games.

More proof that Tua is made of glass.

He didn't "miss' 6 games in 2020. He sat for the first 6 games. He was healthy, they just went with Fitz.

5 hours ago, H2o said:

If your starting QB is letting the Twitterverse affect him before TC even gets rolling, then this ought to be gold once the regular season starts. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/02/tua-tagovailoa-twitter-warriors-and-keyboard-warriors-criticizing-me-arent-at-practice/

Sounds like he's zoning it out super well 🤣

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's still a bit premature to stay Tua has reached what ever ceiling he has in this league. He wasn't drafted in the top 5 just because he played on Alabama and was surrounded by future pro bowlers. The consensus belief is that he was a big part of why a lot of these other guys were successful and a blue chip prospect with franchise potential. It was expected for him to be a top 5 pick (even #1 overall before injury).

JA17 on the other hand was drafted in the top 10 soly on raw talent and potential, not what he did in college which wasn't much obviously so no debating that part.

Lets list your takes for the last two years...

Josh Allen got his contract too early and hasnt proven anything.  You wouldnt be surprised if we regret this contract.

Its too premature to say Tua has reached his ceiling

Mac Jones is the next Tom Brady

Mac Jones is an MVP dark horse candidate

Pats will push the Bills out of the playoffs and take the division

Miami will push the Bills out of the playoffs and take the division

You wouldnt be surprised if the Jets finished with a better record than the Bills

Those might not be word for word but its things you have said for the past two years.  You couldnt even wait until the season started this year to start your troll nonsense.  

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Tua a is passenger.  Imo Tua can play on a winning team and be a tough out for Buffalo. Tua wont beat Buffalo.  The Dolphins will be the Bills.  Buffalo has an ace up its sleeve every week.  Josh Allen can just be the best player on the field and unless you have a guy to match your losing.  They may not keep him because he wont meet the expectations of being drafted ahead of Herbert.  Overall, during the drought years Tua would have been better than just about all of the guys between Kelly and Allen.  

Tua is a modern day Chad Pennington, and that might be his ceiling.

Tua held that offense back, for several games last year, and couldn't hold off Fitz from getting playing time in prior years.

Dolphins will need to have a top 5ish type defense to be a playoff team, in a conference loaded with star QBs/offenses that can score alot of points.

The first comment on this was awesome.

Talking to Miami Dolphin fans about Tua and the upcoming season is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good at chess you are the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, take a sht on the board and strut around like it has won!

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Hot take:

Tua might be fine, and the Dolphins have done a good job at surrounding him with talent. If you take away the QB, Dolphins may have more talent than Buffalo’s does.

IMO this is not a hot take as some might believe.

Obviously JA17 looks to have risen to the ranks of the league's top 5 QB's/elite players. So by default he is now good enough to carry a roster with holes/deficiencies which I still believe is the case in Buffalo because I'm not nearly as sold on certain areas like DB and Oline compared to other faithful.

But when you look at the talent that Miami has accumulated at worse they are probably on par with the Bills (not including QB). And they have some serious talent now across the board especially all 3 levels of defense and TE/WR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.