Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

On 5/25/2022 at 7:27 AM, Greg S said:

What is this, year 3 for him? I remember Romo did a video conference with Allen, Darnold, and Jones a few years ago and he said if a QB hasn't shown it by year 3 then he most likely never will. By year 3 a QB should have things figured out as far as reading defenses and running the offense. He also mentioned that by year 3 the speed of the game shouldn't overwhelm them anymore. Going thru your reads/progressions at the NFL level is a lot faster than in college and for many QB's their is an adjustment period. Bottom line he said if your QB is truly a franchise QB you will know it by year 3.

Romo's comment is correct most of the time.  But every QB has different circumstance (coach, supporting cast, etc) and different learning curves.  

Drew Brews, for example, didn't truly blossom until his 6th year.  Alex Smith was pretty unimpressive in his 8 years in SF but then became pretty good in Kansas City.

Tua has only played 2 seasons so far.  I'm not sure he's reached his ceiling yet.  Even by the Romo Rule - this is the 3rd year and the year that Tua should show he has it.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Romo's comment is correct most of the time.  But every QB has different circumstance (coach, supporting cast, etc) and different learning curves.  

Drew Brews, for example, didn't truly blossom until his 6th year.  Alex Smith was pretty unimpressive in his 8 years in SF but then became pretty good in Kansas City.

Tua has only played 2 seasons so far.  I'm not sure he's reached his ceiling yet.  Even by the Romo Rule - this is the 3rd year and the year that Tua should show he has it.  

True as every situation is different. In the AFCE however I just don't see Tua and Jones as QB's who will make it. Neither can make all the throws that's needed at the NFL level. Wilson can make those throws. I think he will end up being the 2nd best QB in this division.

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yes Miami, by all means please continue to buy into your own hype machine!! No need to ACTUALLY watch Tua throw in a real game :thumbsup:
giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bpv2ug2l5fmlp61fiyh

Sun Tzu:  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Yes, I really hope Miami gives him another 4 years and see if he blossoms. Meanwhile, we will continue to kick their collective rears in an effort to notch up the largest average points of victory over a 6 year period. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Greg S said:

True as every situation is different. In the AFCE however I just don't see Tua and Jones as QB's who will make it. Neither can make all the throws that's needed at the NFL level. Wilson can make those throws. I think he will end up being the 2nd best QB in this division.

I would honestly be surprised if neither Tua or Jones amount to much in this league.

I get the Tua criticism given how his first few years have panned out and all the other outside noise around him (i.e. trying to trade for Watson last year) but still think he's already shown he's good enough to be a 'low end' type of franchise QB so to speak given his precision accuracy.

Jones is the guy I'd watch more closely this year given how impressive his rookie season was and there are already rumblings about him being a dark horse MVP candidate this year with similar hype in NE right now about his offseason so far. Just not as impressed with the Pats offseason on the surface compared to Miami (and NYJ for that matter).

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Jones is the guy I'd watch more closely this year given how impressive his rookie season was and there are already rumblings about him being a dark horse MVP candidate this year with similar hype in NE right now about his offseason so far. Just not as impressed with the Pats offseason on the surface compared to Miami (and NYJ for that matter).J

react_haha.png

Joker-Fish.png

Edited by Limeaid
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/24/2022 at 6:22 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Lot of hype coming out of Miami these days....if Tua does in fact take off this year like JA17 did in year 3 the dolphins are going to be a big problem.

"We know Watson is never coming here so......"Go Tua!!"

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Its not physically possible for him to be like Josh and therefore he will never take off like Josh. Will he get better? Maybe but not worried about him

He will never be as good as John Skelton was!  He could probably beat out Tua if he was willing to give up politics.

5 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

And then there's this:

Popcorn please while I watch the meltdown

I mean it is not true, but sure. The only ones of those where I'd even give Kap a squeak in an open competition are Carolina and Seattle and he wouldn't be the favourite in either place IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean it is not true, but sure. The only ones of those where I'd even give Kap a squeak in an open competition are Carolina and Seattle and he wouldn't be the favourite in either place IMO. 

Ya I agree but doesn't make it any less entertaining 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.