Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

Tua does what he needs to do. He gets the ball out quickly and they have two of the fastest receivers in the league. Hill and Waddle create so much separation. It’s almost an easy game for Tua.. just throw it up to them. One of them is always open. I know it sounds like I’m minimizing Tua, and I admit he’s doing a great job for Miami, but he has an amazing situation there with both Hill & Waddle. 

3 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Tua does what he needs to do. He gets the ball out quickly and they have two of the fastest receivers in the league. Hill and Waddle create so much separation. It’s almost an easy game for Tua.. just throw it up to them. One of them is always open. I know it sounds like I’m minimizing Tua, and I admit he’s doing a great job for Miami, but he has an amazing situation there with both Hill & Waddle. 

Tua is somewhere between CJ Beathard, Nick Mullens, and Jimmy Garroppolo.....for the sake of making the obvious connection to the Shanahan offense.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Hill just can't seem to find the endzone though. Almost a 1,000 yards and only 2 TDs(Both in the same game). Easily on pace for his worst season in that regard. That's a ton of yards for only having 2 TDs. It's either he can't find the endzone or Tua keeps under throwing him and allowing defenders to catch up and tackle him. I've seen enough of him this year to know the answer to that question.

There has been a bit of that, definitely. I think there are some other factors too though. One is how he is used generally is a little different to how he has been used recently in Kansas City. It is a bit more like KC used him with Alex Smith as QB in 2017. He is doing a bit more stuff closer to the line of scrimmage than he has in the last few years. But also in the redzone with KC teams would generally try and double Kelce. I think Hill is seeing more attention in the redzone. He has only had 1 redzone target so far this season (and it was incomplete). He had 23 last year in KC.  Some of that is just the attention he gets down there.

In short, there are a number of factors as to why his touchdowns are down despite him leading the league in yards. 

28 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes and Jalen Waddle is the main one imo.

If a healthy Waddle was on the Bills we would probably score 60 points per game lol.

Jalen is excellent, no doubt. In the redzone teams are doubling Hill which is meaning single coverage for Waddle and Gesicki and why would you not throw to those two guys in 1v1? Waddle has the suddenness off the line to win early in the route and Gesicki has the size to box defenders out. If those two guys weren't there maybe they'd force it to Hill more in the redzone and he'd have more touchdowns. But they don't need to. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tua: 18 TD, 3 INT

118.4 QB rating

71.0 completion percentage

70+ completion percentage in a seasons, the full list:

- Brees (multiple times)

- Rodgers

- Young

- Anderson

- Montana

- Baugh
And: Watson/Tannehill/Carr/Burrow/Cousins/Bradford

Is he on track to join that first group? Or is he part of that last group? (Fluke season, or captain check down types, or too soon to tell?). Is he basically late-career Drew Brees? All we

know now is he’s doing exactly what the Dolphins are asking him to do and it’s bringing some very impressive results. 

if the season ends today, I’m voting for Tyreek Hill as MVP. But given that Waddle deserves some credit too, there’s a good chance Tua gets those votes. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

118.4 QB rating

- Brees (multiple times)

- Rodgers

- Young

- Anderson

- Montana

- Baugh

Is he on track to join that first group? Or is he part of that last group? (Fluke season, or captain check down types, or too soon to tell?). Is he basically late-career Drew Brees? All we

know now is he’s doing exactly what the Dolphins are asking him to do and it’s bringing some very impressive results. 

if the season ends today, I’m voting for Tyreek Hill as MVP. But given that Waddle deserves some credit too, there’s a good chance Tua gets those votes. 

Eh, completion % sucks as a stat. You can’t be below like 62% or something but you can rack up % points on a lot of safe throws. But Tua has been balling.

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

118.4 QB rating

- Brees (multiple times)

- Rodgers

- Young

- Anderson

- Montana

- Baugh

I'm happy for Miami and their fans. They have a bright young HC that has completely transformed their culture and Tua is a legit MVP candidate right now likely battling it out with Mahomes down the stretch in terms of who ultimately wins it.

Also I agree with Hill, he's posting insane numbers and can argue he's as much an MVP of the league as Tua is.

Will be very surprised if they lose more than one game the rest of the way and I think they sweep the Bills this year unfortunately.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

I'm happy for Miami and their fans. They have a bright young HC that has completely transformed their culture and Tua is a legit MVP candidate right now likely battling it out with Mahomes down the stretch in terms of who ultimately wins it.

Also I agree with Hill, he's posting insane numbers and can argue he's as much an MVP of the league as Tua is.

Will be very surprised if they lose more than one game the rest of the way and I think they sweep the Bills this year unfortunately.

We're all sure you'd absolutely hate that.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Happy for Miami and their fans? Gross. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

and there it is.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Happy for Miami and their fans? Gross. 

Yes because they have a real HC, rising star QB and roster oozing with talent despite a bunch of injuries.

You know everything that misled fans and media claim this team is which is really depressing quite frankly.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.