Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

OK, so can we finally put the "Tua sucks" thing to rest? He's not Josh, he's not Mahomes, he's not Rodgers, he may not even be Herbert. I saw some really accurate throws today, some pretty long balls, and the ability to get rid of the ball exceptionally quickly. How about "he's pretty good, and he's doing everything they ask of him in this system?"

He's about as much of a threat as Jared Goff. You can win with Goff, obviously. But...

16 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

OK, so can we finally put the "Tua sucks" thing to rest? He's not Josh, he's not Mahomes, he's not Rodgers, he may not even be Herbert. I saw some really accurate throws today, some pretty long balls, and the ability to get rid of the ball exceptionally quickly. How about "he's pretty good, and he's doing everything they ask of him in this system?"

Miami’s offense is perfect for Tua. Both Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle are great YAC kind of receivers which are perfect for Tua’s skill set. He’s accurate and he gets the ball out quick, like you said.

Miami had the better team today, but Buffalo was playing their 3rd stringers at some positions. I’m not mad, it’s just one game, it’s a long season. We’ll get ‘em next time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I will take Allen over Goff every time, and I will pick him to WIN the super bowl. 

Of course. You will search far and wide for someone - even some troll - willing to say that Goff is better than Allen. The only legitimate argument is "would you rather have Mahomes or Allen?" (Or Aaron Rodgers if we're talking about one year only)

But that doesn't mean Tua sucks. He's developed nicely in Miami, and now has a coach who really seems to understand what he does well. I'm impressed with how quickly he's adapted to McDaniel's system. It doesn't hurt having Waddle and Tyreek either ...

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I mean the Fins punted 5 times today. Against a team without their entire starting secondary and playing a rookie PS call up at CB after Benford got hurt.

Fins had 138 total yards through 3 quarters and ended up with 212 for the game.

I wouldn't exactly call that impressive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I mean, kinda? Brad Johnson won a superbowl and I wouldn't be worried if the fins got a prime Brad Johnson. 

So now you have me wondering… would I prefer Brad, knowing we win a SB or Josh with all of his potential to win a SB? 🤔

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes but (insert quarterback: Tua) threatens my perception of how godly Josh Allen is compared to anyone else and that makes me feel small.

I need to tear him down to build Josh up.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Maybe get to a playoff game and win one and Super Bowl talk wouldn't seem like you're getting ahead of yourself.

Also the deep ball thing would look better if I didn't keep seeing his WR having to come back and get it.

Can't wait to WRECK those chumps at OP

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Can't wait to WRECK those chumps at OP

I'm not trying to be that guy. I know the Bills can beat this team that I despise, but I in no way think that it's a given. In paper and on the field they are almost as much of a menace as KC (I may regret that comment lol). It's the BILLS, KC and Miami in the AFC. I just can't take them lightly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

This is probably me over-interpreting, but considering the environment Tua was raised in, it's fair to wonder how self-motivated he really is as a player. The guy had a dad who beat him growing up when he threw interceptions. He never really chose to be a football player, he was pushed into it by his family. Is he starting to find joy in football on his own terms? I hope so. But given the pressures on him from so many directions, he also might just be terrified to quit.

2 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm not trying to be that guy. I know the Bills can beat this team that I despise, but I in no way think that it's a given. In paper and on the field they are almost as much of a menace as KC (I may regret that comment lol). It's the BILLS, KC and Miami in the AFC. I just can't take them lightly. 

Let's see them come here in temperatures like the NE playoff game. Down 4 secondary guys(3 former All-Pros), 7 starters in all, start 2 rookie corners, lose one rookie corner and replace with a practice squad UDFA rookie, Waddle will need to be severely hobbled like Gabe was, lose another WR that gets some reps(Kumerow) and in the 2nd half be on their 3rd string Center and 2nd string RG & RT. Hill can only play a few plays in the 4th with frostbite(Diggs) and at the same time have their TE & #3 WR in the locker room getting warmed up(Knox & McKenzie). If they can still put up 497 yards, hold us to 212 yards and only lose by 2(But have several chances to win). Then and only then will I feel they belong on the same level as Buffalo & KC.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.