Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I think this is skewed because of the Ravens secondary allowing the Dolphins WR to just run by them.

No doubt. That 4th quarter was primarily the result of blown coverages by Balt, YAC, and turnover worthy plays by Tua that should have, but didn't, result in turnovers.

The stats I posted were more for a break down of throws by distance, YAC, etc.

Tua lives off the short to intermediate throw with YAC. He has good anticipation, a quick release, and accuracy in that range. When getting the ball off in under 2.5 seconds, Allen and Tua are both rated near the top of the NFL. Where Tua runs into problems is when he feels pressure or when he has to hold onto the ball for more than 2.5 seconds. When Tua throws over 20 yards, he struggles a lot. He's had 6 completions over 20 yds and 5 of them he had a WR wide open as a result of blown or bad coverage. The other completion was literally an interception that Hill then took away from the defender.

To stop Miami's passing offense, the Bills need to limit the middle of the field on Tua's intermediate throws (this is where Waddle lives), limit the YAC, and play disciplined in the secondary.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm just curious, are you a dolphins fan? I mean, that's okay and it's evident you seem to be very impressed with them but you seem to forget that regardless of all the hype you place on them this bills team is going to go down to dade county and show them as well as you and all the media what time it is. that time, is the bills time whether you want to accept that or not! 

tua will be exposed, flushed and rushed out of the pocket by the bills defensive front causing him to make bad decisions and throw at least 2 ints and be sacked 3 times. the game will never be close.

bills win handily. 

now that will be impressive!!

GO BILLS!!!

I hope you are right! As a Bills fan, I would love to see that happen. However, I try to analyze every game and give my opinions. By no means am i an expert and often I'm incorrect. 

I feel the the Dolphins will be successful against the Bills defense. Why? (1) the Bills secondary is thin and banged up. (2) I think Tua and the Dilphobs have confidence after their comeback win. (3) Hill and Waddle are game changing Wrs and they happen to play ob the same team. I think the Dolphin passing game can be successful vs the thin and inexperienced secondary. 

The Bills offense should be able to score on the Dolphins. Allen is elite and right now seems "God like."

The home field should be able to help the Dolphins so calm, focused, and frenzied. 

I see a close game. I've waivered back and forth on who wins. 

6 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Tua is honestly the worst looking QB I've ever seen, he looks like he's throwing a shot put out there. But is it just because he's a lefty? Because WTF he actually looks decent when the tape is switched around.

Credit to Tua and Miami for coming back in that game but watching those throws there is not a QB in the league that couldnt make those throws.  

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

To be fair, Allen has underthrown a few deep balls this year too.

Yeah while he is running 13 miles an hour towards the sideline and using just his arm to throw 50 yards downfield.

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Miami has a new coach, new offensive system, offensive speed up the butt with Hill, Waddle, Mosert, and Edmunds. The Rams and Titans didn't pose nearly as much of a threat offensively as the Dolphins. Hill has given the Bills nightmares if you want to include past performance as relevant. I'm not sleeping in the Dolphins. I do agree that Buffalo is the better team. Allen is a monster and it's hard not to take that into consideration. 

The only reason I am not sleeping on the Dolphins is the injuries we have on defense.  Full strength, Miami wouldnt stand a chance.

Watching some of the highlights and breakdowns of the fins/ravens game and it looks like Tua had more solid throws and plays than most are giving him credit for. Some of the big plays came on busted coverages, but he was moving in the pocket and hitting intermediate targets in stride with anticipation. Now these are highlights, so I'm not sure what other throws he missed, but he looked solid.

This is a very good test for the secondary, especially if they're out Hyde, Poyer, and Dane. They can't let Hill break short passes for huge gains and the front 4 has to get to him. It's a good thing Johnson and Hamlin have been in the system and should know it well, they'll need to play very well.

Considering their D is banged up too, I still see the Bills putting up more points and taking the win, but it might be quite the barn burner. 

I'm looking forward to how they respond. 

Thing is, let's look at this objectively.  Going to the end of the 3rd quarter of the game, what was EVERYBODY saying about Tua?  Dude is trash.  At that time, in 7 quarters, 3 offensive touchdowns.  Going into the 4th he had 500 yards passing 3TD 2INT.  How is that amazing?  I'm sorry, but this isn't Tua is great.  This is more that Waddle/Hill are great and the Ravens secondary are an embarrassment.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

The only reason I am not sleeping on the Dolphins is the injuries we have on defense.  Full strength, Miami wouldnt stand a chance.

On paper, the Bills are by far better than the Dolphins. I don't think many would disagree with that. However, injuries play a role in games. The Bills depleted and young secondary vs Hill and Waddle gives me some concern. How will the Bills scheme to stop the Dolphin attack? Clog the middle and passing lanes? Both can beat you deep but Tua's arm is a concern. No way will he find wide open receivers like in the Balt game. Interesting cat and mouse game here. On the other side, I can't see the Dolphins holding down the dynamic Bills offense. 

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The Titans are terrible. Without AJ Brown they pose little to no threat in the passing game. All the Bill's needed to do was stop Henry which they did. The Rams only had Kupp as a receiving threat. Robinson is overrated and often disappears in games. Kupp is excellent and he was successful statistically. However, he's not a speed burner like Hill. Hill presents different problems for the Bills D. Couple that with Waddle and it's a very difficult task for the Bills secondary. Lastly, the Rams Oline is a work in progress. The Bills front just overpowered them. The Dolphins do have a couple of exploitable offensive lineman. Hopefully, the Bills can pressure Tua into mistakes. Frankly, I see a hard fought game. I'm not getting too high on either of the team's 2 wins. Each game presents another and different challenges. I don't see a Bills blowout here. 

Remember what Orlovsky said in game  Monday night: "The Bills make you earn every yard you get in the passing game. There are no easy completions against them like you have with most teams. Even a 4 or 5 yard pass is hard and has to be executed at a high level without much room for error."

That becomes a lot harder when you have pressure right in your face.  The best pass defense is a great pass rush.

Kupp was likely a decision by the Bills knowing he is going to get his and they just basically took every other option away and made sure that Kupp wasn't going to really hurt them.

Rams had 130 yards of total offense heading into the 4th quarter, how much did he really hurt them? FWIW Kupp had 80 yards against the Bills through 3 quarters.  He racked up some extra garbage time yards and the Rams scored 10 points in the game, none after halftime.

I get that Miami has much better receivers, but I just don't see them being able to score 30 points this game even with the secondary banged up due to coaching, scheme and especially the DLine wrecking the pocket and making Tua look like he has happy feet.  I have no doubt the Bills are going to score more than 30 points in this game, Allen torches them every game he plays against them.

53 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Watching some of the highlights and breakdowns of the fins/ravens game and it looks like Tua had more solid throws and plays than most are giving him credit for. Some of the big plays came on busted coverages, but he was moving in the pocket and hitting intermediate targets in stride with anticipation. Now these are highlights, so I'm not sure what other throws he missed, but he looked solid.

This is a very good test for the secondary, especially if they're out Hyde, Poyer, and Dane. They can't let Hill break short passes for huge gains and the front 4 has to get to him. It's a good thing Johnson and Hamlin have been in the system and should know it well, they'll need to play very well.

Considering their D is banged up too, I still see the Bills putting up more points and taking the win, but it might be quite the barn burner. 

I'm looking forward to how they respond. 

Go back and watch the entire game like I did and then come back and we can have a discussion. I also watched the entire Pats/Fins game the week before, so I have watched both of Tua's games in full this year.

Edited by Big Turk

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Remember what Orlovsky said in game  Monday night: "The Bills make you earn every yard you get in the passing game. There are no easy completions against them like you have with most teams. Even a 4 or 5 yard pass is hard and has to be executed at a high level without much room for error."

That becomes a lot harder when you have pressure right in your face.  The best pass defense is a great pass rush.

Kupp was likely a decision by the Bills knowing he is going to get his and they just basically took every other option away and made sure that Kupp wasn't going to really hurt them.

Rams had 130 yards of total offense heading into the 4th quarter, how much did he really hurt them? FWIW Kupp had 80 yards against the Bills through 3 quarters.  He racked up some extra garbage time yards and the Rams scored 10 points in the game, none after halftime.

I get that Miami has much better receivers, but I just don't see them being able to score 30 points this game even with the secondary banged up due to coaching, scheme and especially the DLine wrecking the pocket and making Tua look like he has happy feet.  I have no doubt the Bills are going to score more than 30 points in this game, Allen torches them every game he plays against them.

Go back and watch the entire game like I did and then come back and we can have a discussion. I also watched the entire Pats/Fins game the week before, so I have watched both of Tua's games in full this year.

That's a fair post. I slightly disagree with it. I do think the Bills defense is very good. However, they played two teams who don't have an offense and dangerous receivers who are elite game breakers. Heck, Mosert is very fast too. I think they will have a game plan to give themselves bona fide chances to score. Also, think their west coast offense will negate much of the Bills pass rush. I believe Tua gets the ball out in 2.4 seconds at a 70% plus rate. No doubt they will take some shots down field. Power and Hyde are keys to prevent the huge plays. I'm not comfortable with Elam and Bedford on Waddle and Hill. I can totally see the Dolphins having success on the banged up Bills D. I don't the Dolphins can stop Allen and the Bills. I see a shootout here. Maybe I'm wrong. 

OK, so can we finally put the "Tua sucks" thing to rest? He's not Josh, he's not Mahomes, he's not Rodgers, he may not even be Herbert. I saw some really accurate throws today, some pretty long balls, and the ability to get rid of the ball exceptionally quickly. How about "he's pretty good, and he's doing everything they ask of him in this system?"

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

OK, so can we finally put the "Tua sucks" thing to rest? He's not Josh, he's not Mahomes, he's not Rodgers, he may not even be Herbert. I saw some really accurate throws today, some pretty long balls, and the ability to get rid of the ball exceptionally quickly. How about "he's pretty good, and he's doing everything they ask of him in this system?"

Nope, he still sucks... 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Aside from the 3rd and 22 play (thanks, Les!), what about his play impressed you today?  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.