Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Yeah, he can be questioned until he performs at a high level consistently, it's just so comical on how Bills fans pick a 6TD game to double down on the criticism of Tua.

I get it.  There are still some pundits who think Josh Allen's good play is a mirage while no one I've heard has criticised Tua at all, even when there are clear issues with his game which he clearly needs to work out.  It irks me no end.  I can see someone overcompensating for their anger at some of the crap Josh still gets in spite of lf his objectively good play to be too hard on Tua.

14 hours ago, klos63 said:

The lengths some will go to just to not give any credit to someone they love to trash, because can't back away from the narrative that Tua blows.  So, if this reminds you of the Oiler's game, are you not giving Reich any credit for the comeback? You would be consistent to do that. It has nothing to do with our receivers or anything else, right?

Bill Clinton plays a lot of golf. As the story goes, one of his catchphrases occurs when he absolutely duffs one, then drops a ball for a mulligan and hits a great shot. He'll say "same guy... same guy," i.e. the same guy who made that miserable swing, also hit one right on the screws.

What's the point? Consistency. If golfers are consistently good, they're just good. If they're occasionally great, they're still just good, they ain't going to Q school. There's no narrative to saying Tua's had one great quarter of football out of eight so far, it is what it is. I don't see where 1/8th top-level play is MVP caliber. He'll need more than that game-to-game going forward.

I'm amazed about the media frenzy over Tua from 1 elite level game.  Ravens completely collapsed in that game.  I watched the game and turned it off in the 3rd quarter because it was such a domination I couldnt watch it anymore.  1 crazy quarter of play doesnt put your name in the hat for an elite level qb or mvp candidacy.

Buffalo has dominated miami for multiple games in a row and until that changes I'm not sure how anyone could pick against us.  Buffalo is blowing top level competitors off the field thus far, on every side of the ball.  Yet Miami is going to get us?  Sorry, I dont believe the hype.  I think this game is going to be a beat down.

38-17 Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Yeah, he can be questioned until he performs at a high level consistently, it's just so comical on how Bills fans pick a 6TD game to double down on the criticism of Tua.

It's more so watching the 7 quarters of play and the entire last season of play prior to the 1 quarter of play with 4 TDs passes.

At halftime Fin fans were saying he isn't the answer, isn't a starting QB and it's time to go to Bridgewater...then by the end of the game they are saying he is Josh Allen's level. I mean come on now...it's not only us that are saying those things 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I'm amazed about the media frenzy over Tua from 1 elite level game.  Ravens completely collapsed in that game.  I watched the game and turned it off in the 3rd quarter because it was such a domination I couldnt watch it anymore.  1 crazy quarter of play doesnt put your name in the hat for an elite level qb or mvp candidacy.

Buffalo has dominated miami for multiple games in a row and until that changes I'm not sure how anyone could pick against us.  Buffalo is blowing top level competitors off the field thus far, on every side of the ball.  Yet Miami is going to get us?  Sorry, I dont believe the hype.  I think this game is going to be a beat down.

38-17 Bills.

What happened in previous games isn't really relevant here. Miami is a completely different team especially on the offensive side of the ball. Tua looked very calm and in control with their 4th quarter come back on the road. That is something the team and Tua may be able to build on. This is a statement game and a measuring stick for the Dolphins. I do believe the Bills are a better team but Miami at home with momentum, great offensive weapons, and have formidable defense. In no way, would I sell the Dolphins short here. Think David vs Goliath. A focused, good game and well executed plays by the Bills should bring home the win. Allen is elite and the Bill's have the best QB. Hopefully, he plays exceptionally well. I think he's gonna have to because the Dolphins will be ready to steal a win. 

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's more so watching the 7 quarters of play and the entire last season of play prior to the 1 quarter of play with 4 TDs passes.

At halftime Fin fans were saying he isn't the answer, isn't a starting QB and it's time to go to Bridgewater...then by the end of the game they are saying he is Josh Allen's level. I mean come on now...it's not only us that are saying those things 

I dont think many people watched that game, only the stat line at the end.  It was a pitiful game.  Complete domination by the Ravens, followed by a monumental collapse in the 4th quarter.

Miami is going to get beat badly on Sunday.

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

I dont think many people watched that game, only the stat line at the end.  It was a pitiful game.  Complete domination by the Ravens, followed by a monumental collapse in the 4th quarter.

I watched both Fin games in their entirety. It was a nice comeback, sure but I put that as a total failure on Baltimore's DBs...

There is a reason they were the 32nd ranked pass D last year and are over 100 yards worse per game and also 32nd ranked pass D this year

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

What happened in previous games isn't really relevant here. Miami is a completely different team especially on the offensive side of the ball. Tua looked very calm and in control with their 4th quarter come back on the road. That is something the team and Tua may be able to build on. This is a statement game and a measuring stick for the Dolphins. I do believe the Bills are a better team but Miami at home with momentum, great offensive weapons, and have formidable defense. In no way, would I sell the Dolphins short here. Think David vs Goliath. A focused, good game and well executed plays by the Bills should bring home the win. Allen is elite and the Bill's have the best QB. Hopefully, he plays exceptionally well. I think he's gonna have to because the Dolphins will be ready to steal a win. 

Of course its relevant.  It's not a completely new team.  It has some new faces, but the nucleus isn't something we haven't faced or dominated for multiple years now.  Buffalo is hands down the better team.  A team that has shown consistency and growth for multiple YEARS.  We arent pulling out last minute heroics to win games.  We are dominating top level teams, to the point our starters are benched in the 4th quarter, not throwing hail mary's all over the field to get a comeback.

Miami is going to get a wake up call on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I watched both Fin games in their entirety. It was a nice comeback, sure but I put that as a total failure on Baltimore's DBs...

There is a reason they were the 32nd ranked pass D last year and are over 100 yards worse per game and also 32nd ranked pass D this year

Agree 100%.  I don't understand why people are buying the hype.  Miami is really not that good and people are going to see that on Sunday.

11 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I watched it and couldn't believe the collapse. They had that game easy in hand. Give the Dolphins credit for making the plays, but Baltimore blew it as well

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

Of course its relevant.  It's not a completely new team.  It has some new faces, but the nucleus isn't something we haven't faced or dominated for multiple years now.  Buffalo is hands down the better team.  A team that has shown consistency and growth for multiple YEARS.  We arent pulling out last minute heroics to win games.  We are dominating top level teams, to the point our starters are benched in the 4th quarter, not throwing hail mary's all over the field to get a comeback.

Miami is going to get a wake up call on Sunday.

Miami has a new coach, new offensive system, offensive speed up the butt with Hill, Waddle, Mosert, and Edmunds. The Rams and Titans didn't pose nearly as much of a threat offensively as the Dolphins. Hill has given the Bills nightmares if you want to include past performance as relevant. I'm not sleeping in the Dolphins. I do agree that Buffalo is the better team. Allen is a monster and it's hard not to take that into consideration. 

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Miami has a new coach, new offensive system, offensive speed up the butt with Hill, Waddle, Mosert, and Edmunds. The Rams and Titans didn't pose nearly as much of a threat offensively as the Dolphins. Hill has given the Bills nightmares if you want to include past performance as relevant. I'm not sleeping in the Dolphins. I do agree that Buffalo is the better team. Allen is a monster and it's hard not to take that into consideration. 

Sure, they have a new face in Hill...but...Mahomes isn't throwing him passes.  As far as the Rams and Titans not posing as much as a threat, I dont understand that logic at all.  Rams are the Super Bowl champs with Stafford leading the way Kupp and company, and King Henry ran wild on us last year.  Miami has some good players, but that team is not nearly as refined as the Titans, AFC top seed last year, or the Rams, the Super Bowl champions.  We made both look silly.

I just can not picture the bills losing this game without having some kind of monumental melt down.  Sugar High Allen is gone, we have way too many weapons, a better defense and better coaching.

Just relax and enjoy the beating we lay on them this Sunday.

Edited by TwistofFate

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Sure, they have a new face in Hill...but...Mahomes isn't throwing him passes.  As far as the Rams and Titans not posing as much as a threat, I dont understand that logic at all.  Rams are the Super Bowl champs with Stafford leading the way Kupp and company, and King Henry ran wild on us last year.  Miami has some good players, but that team is not nearly as refined as the Titans, AFC top seed last year, or the Rams, the Super Bowl champions.  We made both look silly.

I just can not picture the bills losing this game without having some kind of monumental melt down.  Sugar High Allen is gone, we have way too many weapons, a better defense and better coaching.

The Titans are terrible. Without AJ Brown they pose little to no threat in the passing game. All the Bill's needed to do was stop Henry which they did. The Rams only had Kupp as a receiving threat. Robinson is overrated and often disappears in games. Kupp is excellent and he was successful statistically. However, he's not a speed burner like Hill. Hill presents different problems for the Bills D. Couple that with Waddle and it's a very difficult task for the Bills secondary. Lastly, the Rams Oline is a work in progress. The Bills front just overpowered them. The Dolphins do have a couple of exploitable offensive lineman. Hopefully, the Bills can pressure Tua into mistakes. Frankly, I see a hard fought game. I'm not getting too high on either of the team's 2 wins. Each game presents another and different challenges. I don't see a Bills blowout here. 

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

38-17 Bills.

He'd deserve more credit if it was one good game, rather than one good quarter. Is Tua more represented by the other 7 quarters than the 1 quarter of last week's game?

I think Tua is more defined by the NE game where he was more of a game manager, having thrown for 1 TD. I'm willing to cut him some slack and dismiss the first three quarters of last weeks game. That 4th quarter this last week, however, is the real outlier for him.

It's a possibility that what has held Tua back, if anything, is from the neck up. I've heard some talking heads suggesting that McDaniels has worked with Tua on the mental aspect of the game, helping Tua settle rather than trying to push or force a game. These heads said that perhaps that is what happened in the 4th quarter last week. We'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.