Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

40 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

there’s some of that, certainly. But there’s also people correctly pointing out that this performance was an aberration for Tua at this point. Against an abysmal pass defense. Great for him and good for Miami but I’m in no hurry to shower praise on him after this. Can he do it with even semi-regularity? If so, he’ll deserve all the praise he gets.

Yahtzee. I've seen people comparing the joker to MARINO of all people.

GTFOH.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

there’s some of that, certainly. But there’s also people correctly pointing out that this performance was an aberration for Tua at this point. Against an abysmal pass defense. Great for him and good for Miami but I’m in no hurry to shower praise on him after this. Can he do it with even semi-regularity? If so, he’ll deserve all the praise he gets.

Go with the flow. When he puts up 450+ and 6 TDs you would think the overall reaction would be positive. Doesn’t mean he’s arrived or moved up a level of quarterbacking. It was a good performance. 

We’ll see where he goes from there. 

I refuse to watch any NFL shows this week precisely because I won’t be able to stand the overreactions to Sunday and predictions for next week’s game.

I head down to Miami on Friday and look forward to Josh Allen’s biannual Fish Fry.

8 minutes ago, eball said:

I refuse to watch any NFL shows this week precisely because I won’t be able to stand the overreactions to Sunday and predictions for next week’s game.

I head down to Miami on Friday and look forward to Josh Allen’s biannual Fish Fry.

There’s nothing better than a rivalry. Bring on all the Dolphin hype next week. Makes it a much more exciting week.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m not reacting to Tua, I’m reacting to Bills fans reacting to Tua. It’s hilarious. 

We aren't reacting to Tua, we are reacting to the proclamations that this game is indicative of Tua being who the people who made this thread thought he was and don't think this game necessarily proves that.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Tua has a long way to go to reach Josh Allen status. I don’t compare their games. I compare the blind hate both received. 

Tua is his own QB, as is Josh Allen. 

You’re getting too serious about this. I think it’s funny how fans are reacting to Tua’s day. 

Tua will never be as good as Josh Allen. Josh not only has much more talent, he is now good at everything that involves being a quarterback. A healthy Josh Allen will go straight to the Hall of Fame. He is THAT great.

But, the above does not mean that Tua sucks, which has been posted here over and over. Tua is a fine QB and an even better person. Does he need more talent around him than Josh? Of course!!!!! Please tell me, who doesn't? Josh is better than anyone we ever had. He is better than even Kelly ever was but again, this does not mean that everybody else sucks. If the Bills didn't have Josh I would be fine with having Tua on the team.

I hope that in the future, McBeane concentrates on putting more talent around Josh to make his life easier and prolong his already splendid career. 

• Like (+1) 5

tua kinda looks like he sucks most of the time, but passing and td's are team stats.  the miami passing attack was monster, but also the ravens d was trash (how many guys hurt?).

those two top WRs for miami are a huge problem, im kinda excited to see how we handle them in the secondary.  this is the type of match up where the pass rush makes a world of difference.

Just now, colin said:

tua kinda looks like he sucks most of the time, but passing and td's are team stats.  the miami passing attack was monster, but also the ravens d was trash (how many guys hurt?).

those two top WRs for miami are a huge problem, im kinda excited to see how we handle them in the secondary.  this is the type of match up where the pass rush makes a world of difference.

Same way they normally do - pressure leading to bad throws/sacks/turnovers.  Everything on the back end is a combo of zone/man-match and challenging the catch point.  

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fans are biased. But it’s just funny. We see a guy throw 6 TDs and almost 500 yards and we try to downgrade his performance. 😂. Just show respect. The guy had an unbelievable performance.

Maybe this performance will be an outlier, but give credit when it’s due.

Why is it important to you that Bills fans show respect to Tua? It's strange to care so much about this.

I don't care about his performance. It wasn't against the Bills. I don't have him on my fantasy team. That's as much brain power as I am going to give him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Same way they normally do - pressure leading to bad throws/sacks/turnovers.  Everything on the back end is a combo of zone/man-match and challenging the catch point.  

i dunno, i think our HC/DC like to do some clever stuff on the back end sometimes and try to confuse opposing qbs.  tua has perhaps the best weapons of anyone we will face in the nfl, but i bet he can get a bit rattled trying to read stuff pre snap and then it vanishing in front of him.

1 hour ago, Shortchaz said:

Tua and kyler murray both stink, gadget players as best. (Hot take)

they don’t stink because they’re not talented, they are just limited and therefore can only function in a box. they can have success but they’ll never reach relative greatness. 

Neither QB is elite in my opinion. I wouldn't start my team building with either QB in a perfect world. However, Murray is much better than Tua because of his experience and legs. His legs make him extremely dangerous unlike Tua. Tua seems to be an injury waiting to happen. His arm is weak and he's a pure system QB. Not even close to franchise or elite. However, his receivers are borderline unstoppable. That one two punch will make Tua look very good at times. 

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

How did the Pats D get better than the one Buffalo torched in the playoffs? 

Different year, different team.. Again I also said “hard to tell” l. Besides last years D wasn’t terrible! The Bills team was just that good, and IMO should have gone to the SB.

31 minutes ago, colin said:

Interesting take. Pass rush doesn't do much if they are three step drops and throws. 

The critical issues will be staying relatively tight to these guys in the short zones, tackle after the catch, and don't get stupid by letting these corners be on an island without safety help over top.  They should be in a 2 deep shell all night and make them dunk and dunk all night. 

Then play keep away with the football.  Run the ball and put some nice sustained drives together to keep the d fresh

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Interesting take. Pass rush doesn't do much if they are three step drops and throws. 

The critical issues will be staying relatively tight to these guys in the short zones, tackle after the catch, and don't get stupid by letting these corners be on an island without safety help over top.  They should be in a 2 deep shell all night and make them dunk and dunk all night. 

Then play keep away with the football.  Run the ball and put some nice sustained drives together to keep the d fresh

Right. Tua's strength is a 3 step drop, 7-10 yd throw. He has a quick release and is accurate on the short throws. They rely on speed  and quickness for separation and YAC. Apply constant pressure with four and keep the YAC to a minimum.

Yesterday, 28 of his 50 throws (58%) were within 5 yards of the LOS and he completed 23 of 28 (82%). Those 23 completions netted a grand total of 25 air yards and 129 YAC, for 154 total yards and 2 TDS. 13 more attempts were between 5 and 12 yds and he completed 7 of 13 (54%) with 1 INT and 1 TD. He threw 4 passes between 15-17 yards and completed 2 of 4 (50%). He threw 5 passes over 20 yds. On four of the passes there wasn't a defender within 5-10 yards of the receiver and resulted in 3 TDs. On the only throw over 20 in which a wide receiver was actually defended, Tua threw an interception.

Tua had a good game. However, most of his success was based on the speed and quickness of receivers in the short passing game and the absolutely awful play in the Balt secondary in the 4th quarter.

Tua Passing Chart

1436322193_Tuapassingchart.thumb.jpg.8cdad5f65feaeb720c448b2ba09f522e.jpg

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Kid had a great day,  he got it done. Give him credit. This was the best thing our Defense could have seen, he's capable. However, a MNF game we are banged up, to a 2-0 Miami team where it will be hot as hell at 1PM. Regardless of past history this game has had me worried for a while. This will not be a walk through.   

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.