Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

Can't make those comments as a QB.  Wilson is short, Brees is short.  Those guys found space to see their receivers and get them the ball, not the other way around. Tua is taller than both of them.

I agree with Peyton.  I think Tua gets benched.  He may be accurate but he has no arm and no vision.  There are only so many gimmick 5 yards passes before most defenses figure it out.  Brady lived off those but he could also get the ball downfield.  I also think he is frail so if he starts getting hit a lot he may just put himself on the bench.

Edited by Scott7975

On 9/15/2022 at 6:31 PM, Big Turk said:

Definitely channeling his inner JP Losman at press conferences...I was waiting for a Yoda reference.

So basically, Tua is saying he has trouble seeing the field. Also, he's saying that he is going to wait until guys are "open" and clearly in his line of sight before he will throw the ball. A recipe for disaster in this league. Both he and McDaniel make themselves sound like idiots. 

1 hour ago, H2o said:

So basically, Tua is saying he has trouble seeing the field. Also, he's saying that he is going to wait until guys are "open" and clearly in his line of sight before he will throw the ball. A recipe for disaster in this league. Both he and McDaniel make themselves sound like idiots. 

McDaniel reminds me of Ted Lasso in press conferences hahaha

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Saw a stat on Countdown this morning. Only 6 of Tua's 33 pass attempts last week traveled more than 15 yards. And his noodle arm was on display, one-hopping passes to wide open receivers 20 yards away. 

His only completion over 15 was the one that Hill had to come back and steal it from the defender.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

Saw a stat on Countdown this morning. Only 6 of Tua's 33 pass attempts last week traveled more than 15 yards. And his noodle arm was on display, one-hopping passes to wide open receivers 20 yards away. 

Of those 6 he only completed 2 and I am pretty sure 1 of those 2 was the Hill bail out that should have been intercepted.  In the same game 16 of Mac Jones 30 pass attempts were within 5 yards of the Los. 13 of his 20 completions lol.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

His only completion over 15 was the one that Hill had to come back and steal it from the defender.

It will be interesting to see Tua working against the banged up Ravens secondary.  I get that Tua doesn’t have a strong arm, but all he has to do is dump it off to Hill and Waddle…those guys are a problem.

2 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Fair enough, but Lamar is still in a whole other league than Tua. 

Lamar is better than Tua, but Tua has Hill, so I would put both in the wild card team category.  The Ravens offense looks terrible. Maybe that changes today.  

Edited by Bills2022
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/15/2022 at 5:31 PM, Big Turk said:

Definitely channeling his inner JP Losman at press conferences...I was waiting for a Yoda reference.

I will confess, that I am a reformed "Wrong Josh"er.   At the time, while believing that Josh Rosen could make the reads and deliver the football, I listened to Josh Rosen give interviews and I thought "OMG if the Bills draft him, I'm not going to be able to stand to watch his press conferences, Shoot Me Now, pound a railroad spike through my eardrums, I Just Can't."  

I didn't grasp the "charisma effect", the fact that NFL teams need a QB who energizes and engages the other guys and makes them want to "go harder", and that perhaps the same Rosen affect that made me think "I won't be able to make it through my second Josh Rosen press conference even if he's on my team" would also detract from his ability to bond with and energize his teammates.

So to me, that presser is just WRONG.  If Tua wants some different route-running or secondary route concepts or option routes or scramble drills from his WR, he needs to talk to his OC about what does and doesn't work for him, and he needs to take the WR aside or take them out to dinner or something and sketch it out positively - "look at this possibility, if you do THIS I'll be able to do THAT and get you the ball" or "I need better body language from you so I know which option you're going to run, let's work on that together after practice tomorrow".

He does NOT need to call his teammates out in the press like that.  Yes, if he can't see the WR, he can't get them the ball, but it's also on him to step up or sidestep and find the throwing lanes for himself, and to throw with anticipation - which is supposed to be one of his strengths.

Edited by Beck Water

Those comments...eesh...just kinda reaffirm the criticisms he gets that he's limited. He's gotta be able to adapt and find throwing lanes, or they can create visibility for him by moving him around and out of the pocket on some plays. I dunno, saying hey I'm small and can't see so run around until you see me, but also make sure I see you and then yeah I can throw you da ball...that's uh...like I said, it reaffirms that he's limited and you can only do so much with his skill set. McDaniel is creative and Hill and Waddle are good but even with that I don't think it'll compensate for Tua's shortcomings.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.