Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

The dolphins and pats don't need their QB's to be superstars to be contenders and/or threaten the Bills for the AFCE crown.

It's just weird seeing a fan base who went through 17 years of disappointment and failure look down on other teams that have a lot more success overall and bills mafia is setting themselves up for a major humbling if things don't go as planned...which is pretty much SB victory or bust at this point.

It’s a damn sports league! Lighten the heck up,  this is how it’s supposed to be done, it’s just been so long that you seem to have forgotten, nuthin but luv,

Go Bills!!!

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The dolphins and pats don't need their QB's to be superstars to be contenders and/or threaten the Bills for the AFCE crown.

It's just weird seeing a fan base who went through 17 years of disappointment and failure look down on other teams that have a lot more success overall and bills mafia is setting themselves up for a major humbling if things don't go as planned...which is pretty much SB victory or bust at this point.

You have decided it is win the super bowl this year or it is failure and the rest of us have the inappropriate expectations of our competition? There are a lot of teams that worry me but the Pats* are not a threat for the Super Bowl and the Phins still will likely gonna be hamstrung by Tua but they at least are really good elsewhere  

Edited by Buffalo Timmy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You have decided it is win the super bowl this year or it is failure and the rest of us have the inappropriate expectations of our competition? There are a lot of teams that worry me but the Pats* are not a threat for the Super Bowl and the Phins still will likely gonna be hamstrung by Tua but they at least are really good elsewhere  

I haven't decided anything yet, and quite frankly I can easily see this team failing to come close to expectations because of one main elephant in the room named Sean McDermott.

What I'm referencing is the collective expectations of most fans on this forum, social media, etc talking superbowl or bust.

But again, regardless of what this team does or doesn't do has nothing to do with the aspirations of 31 other NFL teams including our 3 division rivals, two of which should be pretty solid worst case.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Who cares?  Are you really that concerned about the feelings of bills mafia?  If you want to be scared about this season, go right ahead. Personally, I’m going to enjoy every second of it.  If the bills don’t win the sb this year, I’ll live and get excited for next year.  

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I haven't decided anything yet, and quite frankly I can easily see this team failing to come close to expectations because of one main elephant in the room named Sean McDermott.

What I'm referencing is the collective expectations of most fans on this forum, social media, etc talking superbowl or bust.

But again, regardless of what this team does or doesn't do has nothing to do with the aspirations of 31 other NFL teams including our 3 division rivals, two of which should be pretty solid worst case.

You haven’t decided anything, yet you say it over and over and over. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yet because of them not having good QBs the Bills have won the division the past 2 years.

Not to mention the Dolphins margin of loss against the Bills is 19+ ppg since Allen became QB. 

Your logic is not just flawed but like everyone knows on this site it's flat out wrong.

Every year you predict the Dolphins to win the AFC East and every year they don't even make the playoffs. Yet they have had more success than the Bills by your accounts.

Your trolling is bad and if you aren't trolling that makes it even worse.

I just wonder what your screen name is on the dolphins and Patriot boards. 

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 4

13 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

They don't need them to be superstars, no. But they both need them to take a considerable step forward. They are not even top 16 guys right now. Either of them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's bad mojo to keep downplaying and underestimating the competition.

Both Tua and Mac Jones have looked to improve significantly during offseason/camp so far. Question of course is what happens when it matters most when the regular season starts.

you need to start getting used to the fact that we have a top notch deep rostered team. we are a top tiered team. rest of our division is a tier or more below us. Its bad mojo putting teams on a pedestal 

On 8/17/2022 at 6:16 AM, PrimeTime101 said:

you need to start getting used to the fact that we have a top notch deep rostered team. we are a top tiered team. rest of our division is a tier or more below us. Its bad mojo putting teams on a pedestal 

People truly have short memories and seem to forget this team was a mere 11-6 last year and at one point trailing the Pats by 2 full games in the division late in the season. And no matter which way it's spinned their season ended in the divisional round last year.

And while I agree that the Bills are the prohibitive favorites and team to beat in the division entering the season, that doesn't mean they are guaranteed to do that especially with how loaded the Dolphins roster is (which is still think is better than Buffalo in a lot of areas minus QB of course), and a feisty patriots team with a good young QB and 6 time WC head coach lurking on the sidelines.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

People truly have short memories and seem to forget this team was a mere 11-6 last year and at one point trailing the Pats by 2 full games in the division late in the season. And no matter which way it's spinned their season ended in the divisional round last year.

And while I agree that the Bills are the prohibitive favorites and team to beat in the division entering the season, that doesn't mean they are guaranteed to do that especially with how loaded the Dolphins roster is (which is still think is better than Buffalo in a lot of areas minus QB of course), and a feisty patriots team with a good young QB and 6 time WC head coach lurking on the sidelines.

the pats and bills were never close.  you may want to spin it that way, but i think the last two games taught reasonable fans everything they needed to know about the pats.  every year you start with the fear mongering, (especially with the phins) and it always blows up in your face.  why bother?

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, teef said:

the pats and bills were never close.  you may want to spin it that way, but i think the last two games taught reasonable fans everything they needed to know about the pats.  every year you start with the fear mongering, (especially with the phins) and it always blows up in your face.  why bother?

because inevitably one year he will be right and will get his "I TOLD YOU SO!!!"

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Nuthin but luv dude, but you are one confused / scared fan, everything you say shows as much, its time for you to turn off your device and enjoy a really dry Martini 🍸 and a cigarette 🚬, and make a bootie call to your fav, that may be of some benefit to your outlook, just sayin, 

Go Bills!!!

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Nuthin but luv dude, but you are one confused / scared fan, everything you say shows as much, its time for you to turn off your device and enjoy a really dry Martini 🍸 and a cigarette 🚬, and make a bootie call to your fav, that may be of some benefit to your outlook, just sayin, 

Go Bills!!!

It's my understanding that @FilthyBeast is a Dolphins fan from the Dolphins message board. Not here as a Bills fan.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

Your just making up stuff and you know it.

After the Bucs game on Dec 12 the Pats were 2 full games ahead of the bills in the AFCE standings. Obviously we know how the season ultimately played but it could have been much different and the Bills were very fortunate to play a very soft closing schedule.

Also nobody is fearmongering, just pointing out that other teams have talent and expectations too and aren't going to bow down to the Bills along the way which was part of the problem last year with this team's inconsistency.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

After the Bucs game on Dec 12 the Pats were 2 full games ahead of the bills in the AFCE standings. Obviously we know how the season ultimately played but it could have been much different and the Bills were very fortunate to play a very soft closing schedule.

Also nobody is fearmongering, just pointing out that other teams have talent and expectations too and aren't going to bow down to the Bills along the way which was part of the problem last year with this team's inconsistency.

All your stories end with "could have" see the problems with it.  You can have those stories with any team hell KC was under .500 at one point.

All you do is make up scenarios how things "could have" gone... but they didn't go that way and it sucks for you b.c it always makes you wrong.

Edited by TBBills

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

And the Pats played a soft schedule as well.  Thats how seasons go... teams play top teams.  Teams play bottom teams.  Teams play middling teams.  All teams have hard points and easy points of their schedule.  This isn't rocket science.  Thats "soft" schedule also included beating the Pats in their own house when there weren't hurricane winds.

The Pats were pretenders last season.  They played a lot of soft teams and even when they played the tough ones they lucked into games with injured key players.

Yes you do fear monger.   You do this every damn season. You are wrong every damn season.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's my understanding that @FilthyBeast is a Dolphins fan from the Dolphins message board. Not here as a Bills fan.

Thanks, 👍 he’s a troll then, 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.