Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's bad mojo to keep downplaying and underestimating the competition.

Both Tua and Mac Jones have looked to improve significantly during offseason/camp so far. Question of course is what happens when it matters most when the regular season starts.

We are fans of a message board.  We have zero affect or outcome of how they play on the field.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Both Tua and Mac Jones have looked to improve significantly during offseason/camp so far. Question of course is what happens when it matters most when the regular season starts.

What are you talking about? Tua threw 3 picks today and is still wobbling passes and Mac Jones had a day last week where the offense couldn’t move the ball. Zach Wilson had surgery today after throwing a pick directly to a LB that didn’t move from the pre snap. 

AFCE QBs are trending down besides Allen 

• Agree 2

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

What are you talking about? Tua threw 3 picks today and is still wobbling passes and Mac Jones had a day last week where the offense couldn’t move the ball. Zach Wilson had surgery today after throwing a pick directly to a LB that didn’t move from the pre snap. 

I don't put much stock in one or two bad practices vs. the totality of the entire offseason in which there's been a lot of hype over how both Tua/Jones have looked and both of them also sat in their first preseason games as well which tells me the respective coaching staffs didn't feel they needed the reps and/or wanted to risk injury to them.

Also if a few bad practices mattered, the same rule would apply to JA17 and other established top QB's in this league.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

13 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yeah but if we get too insufferable about being better than other teams in the AFC East then it'll come back and bite us some day...in around 20 years.

38 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

You really said something like that and are serious?

• Haha (+1) 2

The most interesting thing about camp vs. in game - the Bills defense is difficult to gameplan against.  We have ALWAYS had success against passers who 1) are not elite athletically and 2) Cannot process defenses extremely quickly.

We FEAST on sub-par QB play.  The only games we lost last year due to strong  QB play were to Brady and Mahomes.

I feel for Tua, Wilson, and Jones.  They simply dont have the talent to effectively manage against this defense.  If our offense is AVERAGE in game, we go 6-0 in division.  Maybe 5-1 if we have a stinker

40 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't put much stock in one or two bad practices vs. the totality of the entire offseason in which there's been a lot of hype over how both Tua/Jones have looked and both of them also sat in their first preseason games as well which tells me the respective coaching staffs didn't feel they needed the reps and/or wanted to risk injury to them.

Also if a few bad practices mattered, the same rule would apply to JA17 and other established top QB's in this league.

Talk is cheap

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I’ll assume you do realize of course that we fans can down play whom ever we feel so inclined, and as frequently as we like, 

As well, this “down playing” has no bearing whatsoever on our favorite teams preparation for any opponent,  correct?  

No one is afraid of tiny QBs with weak arms or for that matter, the MILF monster down in jersey,  😁👍

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

21 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Honestly his footwork and body positioning are terrible, you wonder if working with Jordan Palmer could improve his game significantly.  Meh, probably not.

Maybe - we will see - maybe Miami sends him to the XFL to learn to be a QB.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Established top QB's.  That's the point right there.  Allen has a bad practice no one bats an eye.  Why, because he's an established top QB. 

Miami has been actively trying to replace Tua by breaking NFL rules and not paying a guy with 24 sexual assault charges what he wanted.  All Mac had to do last year was play "small ball".  Get ahead, lean on the run game and defense and don't make mistakes.  He posted 1 game winning drive against the world beating Houston Texans.  

Of the two, I would expect Mac to improve at some point so I wouldn't discredit the camp reports on him but it's the same concept.  He's not an established top QB so every praise and doubt can be scrutinized the same.

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I’ll assume you do realize of course that we fans can down play whom ever we feel so inclined, and as frequently as we like, 

As well, this “down playing” has no bearing whatsoever on our favorite teams preparation for any opponent,  correct?  

No one is afraid of tiny QBs with weak arms or for that matter, the MILF monster down in jersey,  😁👍

Go Bills!!!

The dolphins and pats don't need their QB's to be superstars to be contenders and/or threaten the Bills for the AFCE crown.

It's just weird seeing a fan base who went through 17 years of disappointment and failure look down on other teams that have a lot more success overall and bills mafia is setting themselves up for a major humbling if things don't go as planned...which is pretty much SB victory or bust at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Dislike 5

I expect Tua to be better this year, but I've been following their camp and I just don't see him ascending to the top. While his ability to throw deep has been overly-maligned, he still has problems with his, and I'll borrow this from Water Boy, medulla oblongata. He makes really poor decisions.. especially when he's pressured. So they'll be better.. he may likely finally put up stats that take him out of the bottom of the league, but not a guy I want to count on when you need him to elevate the team.  

I suspect he ends up as one of those QB purgatory QBs like Kirk Cousins.. too good to get rid of, but never seems to be able to get to the top. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.