Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

Miami will be improved, no doubt, but I'm LJL at the bravado coming from the Fins fans on twitter and elsewhere.  Holy hell those guys are delusional if they think the Bills are somehow overrated  or some paper tiger.  For the most part, we've beaten the absolute piss out of them in the Tua era.  

15 hours ago, Success said:

Tua will be a capable QB - which is more than I would have said about him a year ago.

The Bills are going to be the class of the division and the conference. But zilch is going to be handed to them.

They're going to have to show up every week and give the proverbial 110%.  The difference between Buffalo and at least 5-6 other teams in the AFC is not huge.  Even a small let-up will give any of those teams an opening - Miami included.

They're going to be a tough out this year.

Probably true, but until proven otherwise, I'm not going to assume that McDaniel is an upgrade at HC.  In fact, from what I've seen so far, he's a clown.  

6 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Miami will be improved, no doubt, but I'm LJL at the bravado coming from the Fins fans on twitter and elsewhere.  Holy hell those guys are delusional if they think the Bills are somehow overrated  or some paper tiger.  For the most part, we've beaten the absolute piss out of them in the Tua era.  

Bills will have a massive target on their back this year because of all the media hype and this honestly is a great thing for our rivals, both division and conference wide because guarantee teams like KC and CIN are loving it since all the attention and pressure isn't being thrown their way. Also guarantee neither of those lockerrooms consider the Bills a threat to them, at least KC anyway.

But in regards to Miami, why wouldn't their fanbase be optimistic right now with a new offensive minded head coach and roster that is oozing with talent? Obviously they may get a major reality check soon like many other teams when the live bullets start flying.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Bills will have a massive target on their back this year because of all the media hype and this honestly is a great thing for our rivals, both division and conference wide because guarantee teams like KC and CIN are loving it since all the attention and pressure isn't being thrown their way. Also guarantee neither of those lockerrooms consider the Bills a threat to them, at least KC anyway.

But in regards to Miami, why wouldn't their fanbase be optimistic right now with a new offensive minded head coach and roster that is oozing with talent? Obviously they may get a major reality check soon like many other teams when the live bullets start flying.

Why would Bengals and KC not consider the odds on favourite as a threat ?

28 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Of course, Miami's fans have reason for optimism.  I admitted that they're improved.  I'm taking issue with the ridiculous level of trash talk in those twitter threads that were posted.  Sure, they have a right to run their mouths, but I think they'll be in for another rude awakening. 

And how could KC not view Buffalo as a threat in the AFC?  We beat them handily in their building in October and it took a near miracle for them to escape at home in the playoffs.  Viewing us as a "threat" doesn't mean that they are afraid of us or ducking us, it just means that we are a legitimate contender who could easily end their (or the Bengals) season.  I don't understand how this could even be argued at this point given our performance over the past two years and what we've added in the offseason.

10 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

The Bills had more than a few QBs who impressed during training camp and preseason games for 17 long years.

Start impressing consistently in games that count. Then we'll talk.

Nate Peterman was one of the greatest preseason QB's of all time for the Bills. We all saw how that worked out. So glad we have 17 and don't have to worry about QB issues anymore.

On 7/31/2022 at 12:26 PM, StHustle said:

Wasn’t gonna start a whole thread for this cause it’s really not even worthy of a post….however, it was so stupid it tickled me 😂. The way this idiots eye brows started arching at the end pushed me over the fence to post it. His eye brows looked like the eyes on they angled crying laughing emoji 🤣

Oh side note…I also get tickled every time I see this thread title 🤣😂🤣

Apparently, the 'Dallas is going down, Gary!' guy spent a drunken weekend in Florida, and sired this animated mess. 🤔🤨

The "look at this amazingly accurate Tua throw with zip" stuff being tweeted by their beat writers is pretty funny.  Remember good old friend Marcel Louis-Jacques?  He's now ESPN's Miami guy and is leading the charge.

2 hours ago, eball said:

The "look at this amazingly accurate Tua throw with zip" stuff being tweeted by their beat writers is pretty funny.  Remember good old friend Marcel Louis-Jacques?  He's now ESPN's Miami guy and is leading the charge.

Stephen Ross must be pretty free spreading 'da benjamins' around. 😁

On 5/24/2022 at 10:14 PM, Logic said:

I’m sorry, but…

Football is a game of quarterback talent.

No matter what anyone tells me, I simply don’t believe that Tua, Mac, or Zach have what it takes to regularly out-duel Josh Allen. Not from a physical standpoint, not from a competitive, intangible standpoint.

I’m not saying these QBs can’t be good or their teams can’t win games. I’m just saying we have the best quarterback in the division, and I like our odds to win the division most years.

Tua, Mac, and Zach all look like a bunch of Kirk Cousins, Chad Penningtons, and Jimmy Garappalos to me. Can you win with ‘em? Sure. Are you gonna regularly beat the team with The Creature at QB? Not bloody likely!

Did make a SB and was a play away from winning it..

18 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Well, you oughtta have the straight dope on the Phins fanbase mate

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Did make a SB and was a play away from winning it..

Rams looked like they were about to win a blowout in the SB. Then the injuries started. 

If Burrow had another 1-2 seconds and saw Chase wide open on that 4th down at the end of this SB then the Bengals are World Champs.

Just have to get into that game, and anything truly can happen. A timely penalty, a guy falling down, a bounce here or there and your entire legacy changes. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

18 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

In the words of ric flair:

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Rams looked like they were about to win a blowout in the SB. Then the injuries started. 

If Burrow had another 1-2 seconds and saw Chase wide open on that 4th down at the end of this SB then the Bengals are World Champs.

Just have to get into that game, and anything truly can happen. A timely penalty, a guy falling down, a bounce here or there and your entire legacy changes. 

While I do agree anything can happen. Your QB still has to be talented enough to make it there and help win it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.