Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

4 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Except Hill and Waddle are the best wide receiver combo in the NFL. We never had that talent in the drought. People are underestimating Miami. 

These guys will be better than Hill/Waddle in 2022:

Jefferson / Thielen (Vikings)

Adams / Renfrow (Raiders)

Kupp / Robinson (Rams)

Allen / Williams (Chargers)

Godwin / Evans (Buccaneers)

These guys will probably not have better years but would if 2021 QBs still played for their team:

Samuel / Aiyuk (49ers)

Lockett / Metcalf (Seahawks)

Depending on if Davis takes the step forward, we could too. Time will tell, but this reeks of "we got LeSean McCoy! We are coming for you AFC East!" drought mentality.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

These guys will be better than Hill/Waddle in 2022:

Jefferson / Thielen (Vikings)

Adams / Renfrow (Raiders)

Kupp / Robinson (Rams)

Allen / Williams (Chargers)

Godwin / Evans (Buccaneers)

These guys will probably not have better years but would if 2021 QBs still played for their team:

Samuel / Aiyuk (49ers)

Lockett / Metcalf (Seahawks)

Depending on if Davis takes the step forward, we could too. Time will tell, but this reeks of "we got LeSean McCoy! We are coming for you AFC East!" drought mentality.

Saw this on twitter. Not sure if it is legit or not as I thought it would be bigger news that he's talking so much trash.

Capture.JPG

To be fair he has roasted us in the past, but that is with Mahomes throwing. Tua is a joke

5 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Hill beat us with YAC. Tua doesn’t need Josh arm with a dude like Hill

But what made Hill so dangerous is that he could take you over the top so teams had to play soft because PM could put it there. Tua hasnt done that in his career and there is legit questions of whether he can do it consistently.

Hill is an excellent player, but he was traded to a run first team with a new HC and a question mark at QB. I have my doubts if he makes a big enough difference to win the division over a team that was one horrible defensive play call away from the 2nd consecutive AFCG and have beaten the dolphins the last 7 times by an average of 22 points

Is Hill really worth an extra 3 TDs a game against this team? In 5 game against the Bills (including playoffs) he 37 catches for 446 yards and 1 TD. This is pure hype from the NFL that Hill is gonna make the dolphins better than the Bills. Its ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 4

Tua will be a capable QB - which is more than I would have said about him a year ago.

The Bills are going to be the class of the division and the conference. But zilch is going to be handed to them.

They're going to have to show up every week and give the proverbial 110%.  The difference between Buffalo and at least 5-6 other teams in the AFC is not huge.  Even a small let-up will give any of those teams an opening - Miami included.

They're going to be a tough out this year.

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

But what made Hill so dangerous is that he could take you over the top so teams had to play soft because PM could put it there. Tua hasnt done that in his career and there is legit questions of whether he can do it consistently.

Hill is an excellent player, but he was traded to a run first team with a new HC and a question mark at QB. I have my doubts if he makes a big enough difference to win the division over a team that was one horrible defensive play call away from the 2nd consecutive AFCG and have beaten the dolphins the last 7 times by an average of 22 points

Is Hill really worth an extra 3 TDs a game against this team? In 5 game against the Bills (including playoffs) he 37 catches for 446 yards and 1 TD. This is pure hype from the NFL that Hill is gonna make the dolphins better than the Bills. Its ridiculous 

10 yard pass.

• Vomit 1

I think that a lot of fans not familiar with the Dolphins forget that Tua suffered a catastrophic hip injury.

He should have never played his first year (IMO), and still didn’t look fully healed his 2nd season compared to his college tape.

We’ll see this year, but from everything that I’ve seen out of their camp Tua looks stronger, quicker, and his bottom torso is pretty damn thick.

I wouldn’t sleep on the Fins, they have too many weapons and their defense has some really nice pieces. Their Achilles heel is that offensive line, even with the signings of Armstead and Williams. I honestly think their defense will be what determines their fate.

• Like (+1) 1

Like like the Bills don't have an easy path to the AFC East title. Miami has vastly improved and Tua looks legit. The Pats will be better with a year under Jones's belt. Add in a brutal Bills schedule too. 

With that said, of Allen remains healthy the Bills should win the division. 

2 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Hill beat us with YAC. Tua doesn’t need Josh arm with a dude like Hill

Tua is going to have to be protected to throw the ball 5 yards or 45, that remains to be seen if they can do that for him also. Hill is going to take coverage, but he don’t have Patrick or Kelsie to help him either. I know, I know Waddle is good, so is TE 1, but not the same as KC. 

11 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Tua is going to have to be protected to throw the ball 5 yards or 45, that remains to be seen if they can do that for him also. Hill is going to take coverage, but he don’t have Patrick or Kelsie to help him either. I know, I know Waddle is good, so is TE 1, but not the same as KC. 

Waddle is incredible, right up there with Chase IMO. The dude is a highlight reel waiting to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Success said:

Tua will be a capable QB - which is more than I would have said about him a year ago.

The Bills are going to be the class of the division and the conference. But zilch is going to be handed to them.

They're going to have to show up every week and give the proverbial 110%.  The difference between Buffalo and at least 5-6 other teams in the AFC is not huge.  Even a small let-up will give any of those teams an opening - Miami included.

They're going to be a tough out this year.

Very well said. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.