Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

His teams have a winning record in games he’s started. He doesn’t have a winning record.

Matt Cassel “won” a game for Buffalo without taking a snap because Tyrod Taylor was lined out wide and Cassel was playing the “QB” position on the first play of the game.

QB wins.

Lol.

The only stat that matters.

12 hours ago, FLFan said:

Hardly qualifies as a groundswell does it?  Slow day at NFL Network. 

Long offseason. It seems really quiet even by normal late May and early June standards at the moment. I think it was because March was so crazy. Sometimes some of those "guy not signed a new deal will he be traded?" sagas run on beyond the draft (I am thinking Julio Jones last year who I think was moved in June) whereas Watson, Ryan, Adams, Hill etc were all moved in that crazy period. There are no obvious big moves still to happen. Gotta fill GMFB and Total Access with something until training camps open. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

And the definition of that stat if you arrow over it "Team record in games started by this QB (regular season)."

Team stat that is also a metric used to judge QB’s, similar to a starting pitcher’s W-L record in baseball. 

On 5/29/2022 at 7:53 PM, NewEra said:

Links please.  

I’ll wait.  Forever. 

On 5/28/2022 at 7:45 AM, RunTheBall said:

Where has anyone ever “rumbled” about Jones being a dark horse MVP candidate? That’s pure fantasyland. I live in NE and even with many of them being the most delusional homers on the planet with regards to the Pats* no one is saying this.

I see another poster shared the link to the article I was was referencing about Jones possibly being in the MVP conversation.

Obviously the difference between Jones being a 'dark horse' MVP and our own stud QB being an MVP is that the former would be unexpected compared to a more proven commodity like JA17/Mahomes/Rogers/Brady/etc.

But when you look at Mac Jones specifically relevant to the Pats roster (specifically on offense) it's already very impressive what he did as a rookie so if he were to truly carry the team this year similar to his predecessor in years past it's definitely not out of the realm of feasibility for him to win MVP.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Team stat that is also a metric used to judge QB’s, similar to a starting pitcher’s W-L record in baseball. 

No. It’s not.

And pitcher “wins” and “losses” have pretty much become irrelevant as time has gone on. Because y’know….

Its a team stat.

If your starting QB is letting the Twitterverse affect him before TC even gets rolling, then this ought to be gold once the regular season starts. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/02/tua-tagovailoa-twitter-warriors-and-keyboard-warriors-criticizing-me-arent-at-practice/

“For me, it’s just zone that out. We come out to practice. Everyone else — Twitter warriors, keyboard warriors, whatever you want to call them — they’re not out here practicing with us working hard,” Tagovailoa said.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

If your starting QB is letting the Twitterverse affect him before TC even gets rolling, then this ought to be gold once the regular season starts. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/02/tua-tagovailoa-twitter-warriors-and-keyboard-warriors-criticizing-me-arent-at-practice/

I doubt he really cares but he's right about twitter warriors and trolls who have nothing better to do that harass pro sports types unrelentlessly these days.

Either way the guy knows that it's a make or break season for his career so the pressure is going to be tremendous for him to produce and take another step this year just like it was for JA17 in year 3.

On 5/31/2022 at 10:30 AM, FilthyBeast said:

I see another poster shared the link to the article I was was referencing about Jones possibly being in the MVP conversation.

Obviously the difference between Jones being a 'dark horse' MVP and our own stud QB being an MVP is that the former would be unexpected compared to a more proven commodity like JA17/Mahomes/Rogers/Brady/etc.

But when you look at Mac Jones specifically relevant to the Pats roster (specifically on offense) it's already very impressive what he did as a rookie so if he were to truly carry the team this year similar to his predecessor in years past it's definitely not out of the realm of feasibility for him to win MVP.

Either your reading comprehension is poor, or you are are being deliberately obtuse if you think that article from the the Boston media, which was based on some silly speculation game on NFL Network at a very slow NFL news time of the year, constitutes "rumblings around the league" or any sort of actual legitimate belief that Matt Jones could be an MVP candidate.  No one in their right mind believes that.  That has about as much chance of happening as Tua hitting Tyreek Hill in stride on a deep post.

Tua a is passenger.  Imo Tua can play on a winning team and be a tough out for Buffalo. Tua wont beat Buffalo.  The Dolphins will be the Bills.  Buffalo has an ace up its sleeve every week.  Josh Allen can just be the best player on the field and unless you have a guy to match your losing.  They may not keep him because he wont meet the expectations of being drafted ahead of Herbert.  Overall, during the drought years Tua would have been better than just about all of the guys between Kelly and Allen.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.