Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

16 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Jones is the guy I'd watch more closely this year given how impressive his rookie season was and there are already rumblings about him being a dark horse MVP candidate this year with similar hype in NE right now about his offseason so far. Just not as impressed with the Pats offseason on the surface compared to Miami (and NYJ for that matter).

Where has anyone ever “rumbled” about Jones being a dark horse MVP candidate? That’s pure fantasyland. I live in NE and even with many of them being the most delusional homers on the planet with regards to the Pats* no one is saying this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Tua couldn’t even  beat out Fitzpatrick who was actually playing well  at the time , the only reason he got on the field is ONLY because of draft status , 

• Agree 4

On 5/24/2022 at 6:18 PM, WhoTom said:

What did Tua do in his first two years that would suggest that he'd take off like Josh did in year three?

Makes me 🤮 that they keep  bringing up Josh  Allen’s name with regards to have anything to do with Tua 

9 hours ago, Putin said:

Makes me 🤮 that they keep  bringing up Josh  Allen’s name with regards to have anything to do with Tua 

This is what happens when you have a star .. people are going to compare to him … who is the next Josh Allen, how does QB A first year stars compare to Josh Allen. To be honest I did the same thing with our list of mediocre QBs before Josh. I still think you can’t say for certain what Tua is going to be at this point. At the end of the year with the new offensive weapons he will need to make a leap or he will confirm what some suspect that he is just a guy

• Like (+1) 2

I think there is a chance Tua has a descent season.

He is surrounded by weapons and he is in a very QB friendly system.

However if they make the playoffs?

No way I can see him going on the road and winning a playoff game against teams that have those good/elite QBs. (Which is basically every afc playoff team)

• Agree 4

15 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think there is a chance Tua has a descent season.

He is surrounded by weapons and he is in a very QB friendly system.

However if they make the playoffs?

No way I can see him going on the road and winning a playoff game against teams that have those good/elite QBs. (Which is basically every afc playoff team)

Agreed.

Is he, or has he progressed into an 'average' QB?  I think that is possible/likely.  And as an average QB, you surround him with great players and he can statistically have a very good year. Play pitch-and-catch with great playmakers and you will win some games and put up numbers. However, if you DO make the playoffs and need to win some games against QB's that are better than you on teams that are as good as you or better than you...good luck.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Rico said:

It’s fun to laugh at Tua, but I do think he has clutch intangibles and he is a winner, but so was Tebow. Put his head and heart into Justin Herbert, and the Chargers would be unstoppable.

Clutch intangibles? The Dolphins were replacing him late in games with Ryan Fitzpatrick...

Then in the most important game of his career, week 17 with a playoff berth on the line, he absolutely ***** the bed along with the rest of the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Clutch intangibles? The Dolphins were replacing him late in games with Ryan Fitzpatrick...

Then in the most important game of his career, week 17 with a playoff berth on the line, he absolutely ***** the bed along with the rest of the Dolphins.

No doubt. I'm thinking more of Alabama. :D He does have a winning record in the NFL.

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Right I think it’s the opposite…he has better tangibles then people are saying and zero intangibles lol I think he could make all the throws he needs to physically but he just can’t read defenses/go through progressions at nfl speed 

49 minutes ago, Rico said:

No doubt. I'm thinking more of Alabama. :D He does have a winning record in the NFL.

Mostly because his defense went on an absolute rampage for like a 6 week stretch a few years ago.  They were a huge outlier in takeaways 

On 5/28/2022 at 10:45 AM, RunTheBall said:

Where has anyone ever “rumbled” about Jones being a dark horse MVP candidate?

I found where the "rumbling started"

I think he writes for the Dolphins...

Edited by TBBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/27/2022 at 3:10 PM, FilthyBeast said:

I would honestly be surprised if neither Tua or Jones amount to much in this league.

I get the Tua criticism given how his first few years have panned out and all the other outside noise around him (i.e. trying to trade for Watson last year) but still think he's already shown he's good enough to be a 'low end' type of franchise QB so to speak given his precision accuracy.

Jones is the guy I'd watch more closely this year given how impressive his rookie season was and there are already rumblings about him being a dark horse MVP candidate this year with similar hype in NE right now about his offseason so far. Just not as impressed with the Pats offseason on the surface compared to Miami (and NYJ for that matter).

Links please.  

I’ll wait.  Forever. 

22 hours ago, Rico said:

His teams have a winning record in games he’s started. He doesn’t have a winning record.

Matt Cassel “won” a game for Buffalo without taking a snap because Tyrod Taylor was lined out wide and Cassel was playing the “QB” position on the first play of the game.

QB wins.

Lol.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.