Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

I do get the feeling that a lot of Bills fans are getting smug about the Bills vs. the Dolphins (and the rest of the league). It's frankly a drag to hear Bills fans sounding like the most arrogant of Patriots fans in the Brady era. 

Fortunately, I don't think McDermott is buying into the idea that the Bills will walk through the season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I do get the feeling that a lot of Bills fans are getting smug about the Bills vs. the Dolphins (and the rest of the league). It's frankly a drag to hear Bills fans sounding like the most arrogant of Patriots fans in the Brady era. 

Fortunately, I don't think McDermott is buying into the idea that the Bills will walk through the season. 

After last season?  Not a chance. This team will be ready for every game.

We are getting cocky as a fanbase, but it's more fun than being morose.

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So, this basically says he knew absolutely nothing about Tua before joining the team then, like accuracy was the one thing he was positively known for.

that is exactly right. He probably saw the money and the location of the city, and was like, “okay, trade me there.”

it kind of reminds me of when we almost signed McKissick and he kept referring to us as the “buffalos.”  Some of these NFL players don’t seem to really football

at all. 

Tua doesn’t scare me at all. He gives me Tyrod Taylor vibes (less of a runner than Tyrod but a bit better of a passer) in the sense that he can play smart and not turn the ball over but not win you many games against better than average competition. 

33 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Tua doesn’t scare me at all. He gives me Tyrod Taylor vibes (less of a runner than Tyrod but a bit better of a passer) in the sense that he can play smart and not turn the ball over but not win you many games against better than average competition. 

Yes, that's exactly what he is.  They used to call these guys "game managers" though everyone seems to have different ideas of what that term means.

He's not that good and Miami will move on from him as their starting QB soon enough.

Had to quote this one from a FB comment.  Too good not to.

regarding Tua's "crazy arm strength"

His arm strength probably won't impede his ability to be a successful franchise qb but his strengths lie in other areas such as ball placement, quick release, processing speed, and ability to move defenders and throw receivers open. What his strengths and weaknesses add up to at the NFL level is something we'll find out in a few months. He is nobody's idea of a prototype qb but that doesn't necessarily doom him to failure.

also this:

280661432_5255374421215446_9220735870191

Edited by The Wiz

19 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

The funniest thing about this is that it is not even a hype. If that is the best thing what both the coach and Hill can say about Tua, then they are actually saying that he sucks. 

They're really not.

This is the season of rose-colored glasses. Everybody looks great in shorts running routes with no D-backs. Everything out of every camp is positive.

But you have to strain pretty hard to take a positive and say, "See, that's a negative if you just look at it right."

5 hours ago, Dr. K said:

I do get the feeling that a lot of Bills fans are getting smug about the Bills vs. the Dolphins (and the rest of the league)

Of course I'm smug about the Dolphins. They passed on a top 5 QB to draft an injury riddled backup and we've blown them out for 3 straight seasons. I'll enjoy every bit of their mediocrity. I'm worried about the Chargers and the Chiefs et al. The Dolphins are a speed bump en route to games that matter.

7 hours ago, Dr. K said:

I hate the Dolphins so every time we can beat them or better yet destroy them on the field it's great in my book. Bills are 14-4 in the last 18 vs Miami I'd love it if they could make it even more one sided 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Dr. K said:

It's not just McDermott, I doubt Allen will be taking anything for granted himself.  I wouldn't exactly say Bills fans are arrogant toward the Dolphin fans as Pats fans were to us. Dolphin fans have really been throwing their chest out since they signed Hill. 2 things they're not looking at, Tua is NOT Mahomes and McDaniel is still a rookie HC. How good do you think this Bills team today would be if Jauron still ran the show? Gregg Williams had a Bills team full of talent and couldn't do a thing with it. Yes, our games with the Dolphins may be more competitive, but we have the edge in too many areas, namely QB and coaching. And god help every team if Kromer helps us develop a good enough run game. Josh Allen with a more lethal play action is scary to think about for opposing teams

Edited by buffalo2218
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think Tua can be an average to good QB in the NFL.

He'll never be able to carry a team on his back like Josh, but he could be a good system QB.

As far as arm strength, Mike McDaniel will install the Kyle Shanahan WC style offense which is alot of short precision timing passes that demand accuracy which he will be good at.

Tua will get rid of the ball fast and take deep shots only occasionally.

Tua's biggest jeopardy in his career is that he's injury prone and seems to be made of glass.

He has a long injury history in both college and the pros.

Even normal sacks injure him causing him to miss 4-5 games several times a season.

I predict he misses at least 6 games this season due to injury.

17 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think Tua can be an average to good QB in the NFL.

He'll never be able to carry a team on his back like Josh, but he could be a good system QB.

As far as arm strength, Mike McDaniel will install the Kyle Shanahan WC style offense which is alot of short precision timing passes that demand accuracy which he will be good at.

Tua will get rid of the ball fast and take deep shots only occasionally.

Tua's biggest jeopardy in his career is that he's injury prone and seems to be made of glass.

He has a long injury history in both college and the pros.

Even normal sacks injure him causing him to miss 4-5 games several times a season.

I predict he misses at least 6 games this season due to injury.

Like Chris Chandler back in the day, nicknamed "Crystal Chandelier."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.