Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

A lot of experts insist Tua would have been the #1 overall pick in 2020 if not for the injury he suffered in college. He definitely was elite in Alabama playing on a powerhouse program and was still a top 5 pick regardless.

Whether or not he truly takes the next step in the NFL remains to be seen but I think he's been a lot better than people have given him credit for these last few years and all young QB's take time to develop as we are all aware with JA17's trajectory thus far.

Please don’t put his name in the same sentence as JA17 !!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m sorry, but…

Football is a game of quarterback talent.

No matter what anyone tells me, I simply don’t believe that Tua, Mac, or Zach have what it takes to regularly out-duel Josh Allen. Not from a physical standpoint, not from a competitive, intangible standpoint.

I’m not saying these QBs can’t be good or their teams can’t win games. I’m just saying we have the best quarterback in the division, and I like our odds to win the division most years.

Tua, Mac, and Zach all look like a bunch of Kirk Cousins, Chad Penningtons, and Jimmy Garappalos to me. Can you win with ‘em? Sure. Are you gonna regularly beat the team with The Creature at QB? Not bloody likely!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Lot of hype coming out of Miami these days....if Tua does in fact take off this year like JA17 did in year 3 the dolphins are going to be a big problem.

This post…wow.  Something else.

Yes Tua may improve but using comments from his coach and teammate in May OTA’’s means nothing.  

First off, did you expect them to day “Meh… Tua looked okay”  Of course they are going to talk him up.  

Second, read how the Bills coaches and players talked about Nate Peterman in OTA’s in 2018…I rest my case

50 minutes ago, chongli said:

Don't forget that Mac Jones is in the best shape of his life now. Buffalo needs to be scared...very scared!

Seems everybody is in the best shape of their lives.  Optimism reigns supreme in the spring.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

A lot of experts insist Tua would have been the #1 overall pick in 2020 if not for the injury he suffered in college. He definitely was elite in Alabama playing on a powerhouse program and was still a top 5 pick regardless.

Whether or not he truly takes the next step in the NFL remains to be seen but I think he's been a lot better than people have given him credit for these last few years and all young QB's take time to develop as we are all aware with JA17's trajectory thus far.

People need to stop deluding themselves into thinking because Josh Allen improved a massive amount every year his first 3 years that somehow every other QB is capable of that.

They aren't. Especially not when they go to the best school, have the best coaches and play with the best players. They are already near their ceiling. Allen had none of that and was much closer to his floor.

Tua and Jones will be nothing more than game managers. People need to stop pretending they are suddenly going to obtain physical abilities they have never had and will never have. They won't. 

They will always be limited QBs that will have to have their flaws game planned around on offense. Can they win games during the regular season? Sure. 

But they will be exposed in the playoffs like Jones was last year, like Alex Smith was throughout his career and like Tannehill has been every year.

There isn't a single day goes by that Miami doesn't wish they picked Justin Herbert instead of Tua. 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

People need to stop deluding themselves into thinking because Josh Allen improved a massive amount every year his first 3 years that somehow every other QB is capable of that.

They aren't. Especially not when they go to the best school, have the best coaches and play with the best players. They are already near their ceiling. Allen was much closer to his floor.

Tua and Jones will be nothing more than game managers. People need to stop pretending they are suddenly going to obtain physical abilities they have never had and will never have. They won't. 

They will always be limited QBs that will have to have their flaws game planned around on offense. Can they win games during the regular season? Sure. 

But they will be exposed in the playoffs like Jones was last year, like Alex Smith was throughout his career and like Tannehill has been every year.

This.  Josh has rare arm talent and scrambling ability and had poor coaching in college.  Tua and Jones are middling athletes who had the best coaching in college.

And here to convince you all that OTAs do have relevance on how someone will perform in the regular season is a thread from our very own TBD stating how impressive Josh has been to that point for the team in his rookie season. Lot's of talk about how great he would be .. only problem was it was the wrong Josh lighting up Arizona (some of it is comic gold).

I say wait for the first several games of the regular season to decide.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Lot of hype coming out of Miami these days....if Tua does in fact take off this year like JA17 did in year 3 the dolphins are going to be a big problem.

Your post are just full of suckness.

Is that a word?

It should be when referring to your trash.

It’s amazing that you hang out on a Bills message board and post anything you can get your grubby little mits on that you hope bodes bad for the Bills.

To even compare Tua Tagliovoa to Josh ***** Allen is moronic, doltish and complete and utter lunacy.

Suckness.

Yep.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would caution people to not over look Tua and the Dolphins.  That offense is loaded now, and its not going to need Tua to have a Josh Allen like year 3 for it to be dangerous with all that speed.  They are fast everywhere...QB, RB, WR, and TE.  If Tua can be solid they will be a tough matchup.  If Tua can be better than that, they will be a quite dangerous offense.  

There are still legit questions about them though...they fired a good HC, so will the new regime be as good, better or worse?  Can Tua stay healthy, and if he does, what kind of player can he be?  Plus the RB's have both had injury issues in the recent years.  

But that offense does have potential to be quite good even if Tua is just solid.  

Good stuff. IMO they'll be significantly better. But how much?

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I’m sorry, but…

Football is a game of quarterback talent.

No matter what anyone tells me, I simply don’t believe that Tua, Mac, or Zach have what it takes to regularly out-duel Josh Allen. Not from a physical standpoint, not from a competitive, intangible standpoint.

I’m not saying these QBs can’t be good or their teams can’t win games. I’m just saying we have the best quarterback in the division, and I like our odds to win the division most years.

Tua, Mac, and Zach all look like a bunch of Kirk Cousins, Chad Penningtons, and Jimmy Garappalos to me. Can you win with ‘em? Sure. Are you gonna regularly beat the team with The Creature at QB? Not bloody likely!

IMO Zach is the one most likely to develop enough to give us trouble consistently.

But while QB talent is huge, it's not everything. It's a team game.

But I don't see any of those teams playing close to us this year. I could see us losing one of six somewhere, though. Maybe even two if balls bounce really badly for us.

7 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Welcome to Ignore

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

lets get something straight.. Tua's Arm is weak. He cant run like Josh and he cant throw hard like Josh. NEVER will. 

Secondly Josh Allen took off year 2 not year 3. Were there higher measurables in year 3 yes but people noticed Allen was becoming a super star in year 2.

So what does this leave us with? A drew Breeze type of QB that is hyper active on his short to mid passes and manages the game on an elite level.

If that is the high end players/staff/fans are hoping out of Tua then lets look at some measurables. 

Tua has played 2 years 23 games. To compare Tua to a top end hopeful like Brees then we have to go to Brees year 2 because he sat year 1 so this is Tua Year 2 and Brees year 2

Tua stats on the left. Breese on the right. Some of these numbers may actually shock you

Comp% 67.8-60.8 Tua much better

Yards 2353-3284 note Tua did not play a full season year 2

Yards Game 204.1-205.3 about dead even

TD's 16-17 about even

INT's 10-16 Brees 16 int ouch

Rate 90.1-76.9 Tua Wins this category by far.

Lets be realistic about something right now though... 2002 the NFL was not a QB driven league.  20 years ago the game was played way different.  That being said Breese did not even begin to shine with decent accuracy or rate till year 4 when he went 11-4. Brees did work on arm strength where he continued his career having 8 impressive total yard years totaling over 4850 yards per year each of those 8 years... then towards the end Brees lost his arm strength and retired.

So what does this all tell you? NOTHING! JACK! Tua could have his worst year ever this year. I am not going to sit here and begin to say Tua will grow to be a great player at all. What I am saying is that Tua has some interesting dynamic measurables that should not be ignored. I doubt anyone will match the year to year progress Josh Allen has shown and I have my doubts about Tua period.. But I also wont laugh at this either. Miami is the second most complete team to us in the division other then an unproven QB.

Tua is going to get lots of Yac yards via Hill this year. Where Tua has failed Miami is in 3 places. 1. Arm Strength, 2. Pre Snap decision making 3. Not seeing the deep ball.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But their roster talent is even better than anything Tyrod had, so if he can be just ok, they can score a bunch.  

The Dolphins will be a fringe playoff team again. I expect their offense to be a little better - the biggest addition isn't even Hill for me it is Terron Armsted. They have been a liability at that spot basically since Brandon Albert. However, I expect the defense to be a little worse. They have a nice secondary but the production Flores got out of the front 7 felt very Belichickian to me, taking some one dimensional pieces but fashioning a way to make it work. Let's see how they do without him.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.