Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Im sure his teammates and coaches are being completely candid and honest.

All I can go on is what I’ve seen myself - he hasn’t impressed.

A lot of experts insist Tua would have been the #1 overall pick in 2020 if not for the injury he suffered in college. He definitely was elite in Alabama playing on a powerhouse program and was still a top 5 pick regardless.

Whether or not he truly takes the next step in the NFL remains to be seen but I think he's been a lot better than people have given him credit for these last few years and all young QB's take time to develop as we are all aware with JA17's trajectory thus far.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

But is he "thick"?

No but according to Hill he throws a "pretty ball" - and that's all that matters!

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

A lot of experts insist Tua would have been the #1 overall pick in 2020 if not for the injury he suffered in college. He definitely was elite in Alabama playing on a powerhouse program and was still a top 5 pick regardless.

Whether or not he truly takes the next step in the NFL remains to be seen but I think he's been a lot better than people have given him credit for these last few years and all young QB's take time to develop as we are all aware with JA17's trajectory thus far.

AJ McCarron was "elite" on a couple of those Bama super teams. What Tua did at Alabama no longer matters.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don’t care what he did in college on a stacked team. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Was Hill trying to convince us or himself?

Looks like this will be about half of his effort to earn that big fat contract! It’s almost like an endorsement deal! 

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

if Tua does in fact take off this year like JA17 did in year 3

What did Tua do in his first two years that would suggest that he'd take off like Josh did in year three?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.