Mass shooting in Uvalde Texas...

Special K

35 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It's the definition of plagiarism and people like @Bad Things are happy to blindly share that online. That's a problem for me.

The "definition" of plagiarism, huh?  I posted a link to a reputable source, which showed their source.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

• Disagree 1

I wonder if what occurred in Uvalde TX will show other police departments what not to do in the event they are faced with such a nightmare scenario themselves.

We can only pray it does so that the very least it will help in training exercises  in what TO do and especially what NOT do. The Uvalde Police have a fiasco on their hands. I would love something productive an positive come from this. It will never totally mitigate the tragedy but hopefully save lives in the future.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

What the hell is going on here?

Sounds like what's going on is they ***** up religiously and it's biting them hardcore in the ass. Lots of facts starting to come out disputing some of their statements and they probably stopped cooperating to get their story straight with everyone on the same page to keep them from looking even worse.

41 minutes ago, muppy said:

I wonder if what occurred in Uvalde TX will show other police departments what not to do in the event they are faced with such a nightmare scenario themselves.

We can only pray it does so that the very least it will help in training exercises  in what TO do and especially what NOT do. The Uvalde Police have a fiasco on their hands. I would love something productive an positive come from this. It will never totally mitigate the tragedy but hopefully save lives in the future.

And it was reported they had training and also had recently had drills for this. So I don't know, but doesn't look good for them. 

• Agree 1

The thing is... According to what I read.  A teacher went to their car for a cellphone OR something...  They propped open a door.  That's how the gunman got in.  NOT sure how true this is...???

I am not looking to defend the police force here for might be their inaction...  But it had to be a confusing situation on how the gunman got in.  Didn't they think it was a "barricade" type situation. 

I guess it doesn't matter, how the gunman got in... He was in.  But... The police couldn't even get in.  They had to wondering how the gunman got in?

Hope it serves to make the point... Safety rules like: "Don't prop open a door"  EVER ... Are meant to protect people! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The thing is... According to what I read.  A teacher went to their car for a cellphone OR something...  They propped open a door.  That's how the gunman got in.  NOT sure how true this is...???

It's been reported that was not true and door was closed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Thanks!  Yikes.  Amazing how all kinds of erroneous info gets spread.

Sorry... And again, thanks for correcting it.  Who would spread misinformation like that!

It was Uvalde official and just another on the list of statements from them that was disputed.

I'll see if I can find the article again real quick

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Sorry... And again, thanks for correcting it.  Who would spread misinformation like that!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-police-union-says-misinformation-144412466.html

https://www.inquirer.com/news/nation-world/uvalde-texas-school-shooting-robb-elementary-door-20220601.html

https://news.yahoo.com/uvalde-teacher-did-not-leave-210343526.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The 1st link I posted at the top is about all the other disinformation/false statements. Other 2 is more about the door being propped open in general. 

Not for nothing, but they look even more silly with those Texas hats that they think makes them look all serious after how cowardly some of them were proven to be lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

The 1st link I posted at the top is about all the other disinformation/false statements. Other 2 is more about the door being propped open in general. 

Not for nothing, but they look even more silly with those Texas hats that they think makes them look all serious after how cowardly some of them were proven to be lol

Funny you mention the hats.  I had a similar thought watching them all standing around with those idiotic things on.

I guess they are going for the Village People look. LOL

article-1383376-0BDD114F00000578-871_224

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Exactly.  It's practical... Hot down there and it keeps their little minded piths cool... Just imagine the chaos if they overheated! 😏 

They're gonna be overheated by those silly suits. Just sayin!

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Haven't they always worn cowboy hats in Texas? What's with the newfound outrage towards hats?

Not necessarily the hats in general. It's the fact that there's a lot of pride involved(so I've been told) for Texan's wearing those hats in law enforcement, rangers, whatnot representing courage etc and all that type of stuff.

So it's more those with the hats on and not just the hats, when seeing the ones wearing them are basically front of the camera almost every news report standing there trying to be viewed as men of courage, pride etc when in fact it was they many of them showed the exact opposite and are being labeled as cowards, liars etc..

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.