Mass shooting in Uvalde Texas...

Special K

25 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Not necessarily the hats in general. It's the fact that there's a lot of pride involved(so I've been told) for Texan's wearing those hats in law enforcement, rangers, whatnot representing courage etc and all that type of stuff.

So it's more those with the hats on and not just the hats, when seeing the ones wearing them are basically front of the camera almost every news report standing there trying to be viewed as men of courage, pride etc when in fact it was they many of them showed the exact opposite and are being labeled as cowards, liars etc..

I guess I've always just viewed the hat as a hat. It doesn't distinguish them from any other joe schmoe cowboy. Troopers wear cowboy hats, too. The uniform is a whole 'nother thing. Also, were the Rangers even there with the group that waited to go into the school?

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Also, were the Rangers even there with the group that waited to go into the school?

Highly doubtful.

I think they're more an investigative force these days.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I guess I've always just viewed the hat as a hat. It doesn't distinguish them from any other joe schmoe cowboy. Troopers wear cowboy hats, too. The uniform is a whole 'nother thing. Also, were the Rangers even there with the group that waited to go into the school?

I agree, hat is a hat and you're right, Troopers do wear hats also. But, for some reason it has more meaning for the Rangers. 

Regarding your question in bold....from what I understand the Rangers are involved in investigation and some of their statements about the investigation is being disputed and labeled lies or disinformation. 

35 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I think you may have that switched around.  😀

haha touche'. I do speak spanish ....how about mini cojones grandes dolor de cabeza......mini ***** BIG HEADACHE

Thanks for helping me goofball its a failsafe for me 🙂 Peace brother down under! m

• Like (+1) 1

This is what a friend/detective with a department up here in the north east has to say....

Just a few thoughts about the police response to the Uvalde school shooting…

Police training is not standardized throughout the country, so the training I’ve been to is likely different (perhaps vastly different) from the training LEO’s receive elsewhere.

From my training, there are fairly well-established responses to three types of incidents:

1. Barricaded suspect. Example: A person says they will kill themselves and they lock themselves in their house/office/garage/whatever. If no one else is in there with them, we sit outside and try to talk to them. For hours and hours, if necessary. We’re not going in.

2. Hostage situation. Example: A person says they are going to kill the people with them (in a house, office, store, whatever) if we don’t let them go or give them what they want. We set up a perimeter around the location, call for a tactical team/negotiator, and wait. We’re not going in (though the tactical team might.)

3. Active shooter. Example: A person is continuing to shoot people as the police arrive. It’s not a barricaded suspect situation (though there might be barricades or impediments to entry) and it’s not a hostage situation (though there might be unharmed people inside the shooter is willing to kill.) We go in immediately, no waiting. We don’t tell dispatch where we are entering because the shooter might have a scanner. If there are only three cops at the scene, those three go in. If you’re the only cop there, you go in alone. Your only goal at that point is to locate and neutralize the shooter; emergency care for wounded is not a concern at that point. We are trained to walk by/step over wounded people as we try to locate the shooter.

I have no idea what sort of training the Uvalde police have received, but I thought after Columbine the accepted response to an active shooter was to go in immediately.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BillStime said:

The good guy with a gun narrative is dead

While I'm not sure I agree with the tweet, the "good guy with a gun" was stupid and dead the moment it was uttered, IMO. Appretenly LaPierre wasn't/isn't aware of hostage negotiators and such. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.