Mass shooting in Uvalde Texas...

Special K

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

A radical gun law was enabled, you'd allow it? 

Is this true for all laws or just the ones you spirit? Do you champion the cause of every government ruling? Do you respect all laws or just the ones that embody your feelings?

Never admit to owning guns on the internet. 

😂😂they’re all registered. It’s not a secret in my state.

18 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I haven’t lost my mind at all.

That wasn't directed at you. I'm talking about people that have decided they will use any form of civil unrest or violence to get what they want. I know most gun owners aren't like that.

24 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Do you champion the cause of every government ruling? Do you respect all laws or just the ones that embody your feelings?

No I disagree with a lot of government policies. I've just never thought to "dare" a law enforcement officer to enforce the law against me. Only a certain type of nutjob would go there. Like I said it's mostly just anonymous internet bravado. Keyboards have made all of us so tough.

27 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

But, that's ok to him an thousands of others who don't respect the US Constitution.

Changing the law is literally written into the Constitution. It's been done, oh, about 27 times now. Sorry but if your argument amounts to "the 2nd Amendment says so" you're not worth my time.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Vomit 1

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No I disagree with a lot of government policies. I've just never thought to "dare" a law enforcement officer to enforce the law against me. Only a certain type of nutjob would go there. Like I said it's mostly just anonymous internet bravado. Keyboards have made all of us so tough.

Changing the law is literally written into the Constitution. It's been done, oh, about 27 times now. Sorry but if your argument amounts to "the 2nd Amendment says so" you're not worth my time.

I never said I was tough, nor am I trying to be tough or some tough... I know what I would do. You don't need to concern yourself with that, nor does anyone. 

The Constitution has only been amended 27 times in 250 some years and none of it doing much to alter firearms. And of those 27 times we have found that some of them have been repealed, it's an interesting conversation that could be had, there are many other places for it.

I've said more than my piece here, there really isn't much more to discuss and respectfully disagree with your opinion and by sentiment of your posts then I believe we can agree to disagree. 

• Dislike 1

On 5/28/2022 at 11:54 AM, Gugny said:

As a veteran, I have always believed this notion of ex-military being better-equipped to handle firearms is absolutely ridiculous.

First of all, some of the most ignorant and most stupid people I've ever known were those I served with.

Secondly, for those vets with firearms training/experience, there's a decent chance that they could be suffering from PTSD to some extent.

Why on earth do people think they're the best ones to provide semi-automatic weapons?  And then have those people, with those weapons, IN OUR SCHOOLS?

More guns is the answer to NOTHING.

Semi-automatic weapons in ANYONE's hands is a continuous step backwards.

Not to mention that vets have already been trained for a very different mission.  Heres a little discussion of vets who are now police officers.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2018/10/15/police-with-military-experience-more-likely-to-shoot

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

What a dumb headline. Thanks, New Zealand!

Stuff headline:   "US marks Memorial Day weekend with at least 11 mass shootings".   If you actually read the entire news story instead of pretending it's trash, you would have noted that this story talked about the twelfth mass shooting that wasn't included in the database of mass shootings.

49 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah...with a different headline.

So you're a fan of sites that plagiarize and change the headline. Cool....

Washington Post Headline:  "U.S. marks Memorial Day weekend with at least 12 mass shootings". 

The WP version was published on May 31 as an update of the original article by Annabelle Timsit published on May 30.   Timsit was credited in both articles so there's no plagiarism involved.

Now, to the pertinent issue, why exactly is the headline "dumb"?   Since neither headline is untrue nor inflammatory, I have to believe that you think it's "dumb"  because you dislike being reminded of the prevalence of gun violence in the US.   I'm sure that you prefer that the mainstream US news media as well as the foreign news media kowtow to the NRA and their allies in the US media and government that pretend that gun violence is primarily a problem of inner city criminals engaging in criminal activities with illegal guns rather than a problem that can affect anybody at  any time,  in grocery stores, in schools, in fast food restaurant, at graduation parties, at Memorial Day events ....

Edited by SoTier
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

Stuff headline:   "US marks Memorial Day weekend with at least 11 mass shootings".   If you actually read the entire news story instead of pretending it's trash, you would have noted that this story talked about the twelfth mass shooting that wasn't included in the database of mass shootings.

Washington Post Headline:  "U.S. marks Memorial Day weekend with at least 12 mass shootings". 

The WP version was published on May 31 as an update of the original article by Annabelle Timsit published on May 30.   Timsit was credited in both articles so there's no plagiarism involved.

Now, to the pertinent issue, why exactly is the headline "dumb"?   Since neither headline is untrue nor inflammatory, I have to believe that you think it's "dumb"  because you dislike being reminded of the prevalence of gun violence in the US.   I'm sure that you prefer that the mainstream US news media as well as the foreign news media kowtow to the NRA and their allies in the US media and government that pretend that gun violence is primarily a problem of inner city criminals engaging in criminal activities with illegal guns rather than a problem that can affect anybody at  any time,  in grocery stores, in schools, in fast food restaurant, at graduation parties, at Memorial Day events ....

I own guns and am in favor of more restrictions. Feel free to look at my post history. I'm glad they've since updated it because it originally didn't link to the source material at all. It's the definition of plagiarism and people like @Bad Things are happy to blindly share that online. That's a problem for me.

I work for a police department, not a police officer, but see and hear about the ***** things people do with and without guns every day. 

Dr Phil McGraw will have a show special dealing with the Texas shooting tomorrow Wednesday check your local listings. Here is CBS 3pm pacific

His tagline drew my eye........Prevention not Intervention. He mentioned in a brief snippet that school shootings occur within minutes of the breach of a school. That by then it's too late to really stop it. The ticket is stopping it before it ever gets started and identifying the potential perp PRE Violence.

***Applauds******

I'll be watching. very curious as to what they will all have to say. Especially now in view of the fiasco developing in the aftermath from the school district and Police Dept.

He is from Texas himself and I dont know his politics.

m

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

What the hell is going on here?

Trying to limit their own liability YEP ....That to me seems a very tall hill...they are in trouble DEEP by all accounts. I mean from what we know it is BAD for the Police especially. its so sickening ..just the cherry to this whole event eh mates?

SMH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.