Mass shooting in Uvalde Texas...

Special K

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

Very believable. This is America.

Unfortunately true.....nothing was done after Sandy Hook, and sadly nothing will be done following this....that’s what I meant when I said unbelievable. 

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Which state will be host to next weeks mass murder ?

Thoughts and prayers doesn't cut it anymore

Whole thing is exasperating at this point and obviously tragic and horrible.

First sentence made me think of this bit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Unfortunately true.....nothing was done after Sandy Hook, and sadly nothing will be done following this....that’s what I meant when I said unbelievable. 

Nothing will be done after this one either.

Many countries have lots of guns.  Canada comes to mind.

But it's only in the USA that we snap and kill people en masse, about once a week.

WHY?

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I wonder if they change the words to their post murder spree speeches or just use the same one every time.

I don’t see how an ending to this type of recurring anguish can be discussed without (deservedly) heading into PPP territory, so I’ll just I’ll just pray for more people facing senseless losses. 

2 hours ago, Special K said:

I’m so sick of it. I worry about getting shot at Wegmans, movie theaters, every time I’m waiting to get into a Bills game or a concert. I’m sick of living in fear and I’m scared to send my kids to school. 

I'm in shock... Just got an email from work with the subject line "about the school shooting," and about had a heart attack. I work at a a Texas Elementary School, so it quickly hit me how close to home this is.

Especially after what happened in Buffalo, it's like all aspects of life are being touched by gun violence, & it's truly devastating. Nowhere is safe anymore, I just wish we could put tribalism aside & come together to find a solution. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.