Zach Wilson - He’s “thick” now 😱

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

JA17 is a thick boy too so can see why Jets fans are probably giddy about this news.

Wilson did seem to play better last year after coming back from injury and it mirrored JA17's rookie season to a certain degree.

He did play a little better after returning from injury, but it wasn't the same, there was no wow factor like Allen had after returning. What we saw in those 6 games gave us hope for a brighter future, with Zach, not so much.

When Allen came back he was passing better and had 4 games with at least 95 yards rushing and the team ended up 3-3 in those 6 games. Really should've been 4-2 if not for Clay's drop at the end of the first Miami game. He ended the season playing his best game of his rookie year throwing for 3 TDs and rushing for 2 more. 

Zach ended the year in Buffalo going 7/20 for 87 yards while getting sacked 9 times for 82 yards. The Jest had only 4 first downs in the game and the team had only 5 yards net passing. They had 1 play the whole game, a 40 catch and run TD to Cole. One of the worst offensive performances I've seen, 1/14 on 3rd downs, 1.2 yards per play and only .2 yards per pass play. They finished 2-5 in the 7 games after Zach's return.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He did play a little better after returning from injury, but it wasn't the same, there was no wow factor like Allen had after returning. What we saw in those 6 games gave us hope for a brighter future, with Zach, not so much.

When Allen came back he was passing better and had 4 games with at least 95 yards rushing and the team ended up 3-3 in those 6 games. Really should've been 4-2 if not for Clay's drop at the end of the first Miami game. He ended the season playing his best game of his rookie year throwing for 3 TDs and rushing for 2 more. 

Zach ended the year in Buffalo going 7/20 for 87 yards while getting sacked 9 times for 82 yards. The Jest had only 4 first downs in the game and the team had only 5 yards net passing. They had 1 play the whole game, a 40 catch and run TD to Cole. One of the worst offensive performances I've seen, 1/14 on 3rd downs, 1.2 yards per play and only .2 yards per pass play. They finished 2-5 in the 7 games after Zach's return.

The more optimistic Jets fans are basing their hope on Wilson's against the Bucs and the fact he had no interceptions in his last five games.  They disregard the Bills game because all their receivers were injured and the Bills had the number one defense.

45 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

To be fair to Wilson the offensive talent around him was truly terrible in that game. I know Josh was working with sh*t his rookie year but Wilson really had nothing. 

I could be wrong, have been many times, but from what I've seen of him and just the general way he carries himself, I think he's going to be a good QB. Maybe not worthy of the number 2 pick but I think he'll put up good numbers at least and will get a second contract with them. They're building that team the right way, basically trying to emulate the way Beane built his roster (they were even trying to trade for a proven WR like we did with Diggs). 

That doesn't equate to them having success but I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson and the Jets take a major leap this year, and I think they'll finish above the Dolphins who are getting way more hype.

• Agree 2

On 5/24/2022 at 4:29 PM, Greg S said:

Jacked or not the Bills D is going to be making him eat dirt in both games this year.

giphy.gif&ehk=EPRESish4uFrzkN8aPDdAUP0mD

ok Forget how funny that is,

but the worst form

I've ever seen.  Bb will tell you he’s lucky he didn’t kill himself.  There are so many flaws it’s not even worth discussing.  

BTW- clean with no illlegal drugs at all you’re fortunate to gain about 10 lbs. of

muscle a year if you’ve peaked.  You can gain more of you never spent time in the gym.  Once you hit you're peak its

thay hard to grow.  Maybe 15 lbs on you’re bench, 20 on you’re dead and squat and that’s if you are completely focused.  Some of these stories are just so silly and defies what a natural body, no drugs can do.  It’s also what guys on drugs blow out rotator cuffs and other small muscles as they can’t keep up with steroid included large muscle groups.

On 5/24/2022 at 4:39 PM, Greg S said:

Miami did but they still don't have a QB.

Jets did but they also don't have a QB. 

The Pats from what I have read/heard didn't.

Don't be too surprised when NE presents, again, by far, our greatest level of intra-division competition.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.