Bills OTAs

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah. Or even expecting 700 more yards and 45-50 more receptions. He had 35 catches for 549 yards last year. That would be 80 to 85 catches for 1250 yards.  No one is expecting that. 

Stats aren’t hard to get if you get the targets. Davis has shown a play making and clutch ability. He’s different than most young WRs we’ve seen in Buffalo. Davis putting up 70 catches and 900-1000 yards isn’t some great accomplishment if he ends up with 120 targets. I think Davis is a special player with a WR1 mentality. A game changer. 

The Bills have developed him perfectly. Didn’t throw too much at him. He’s made clutch plays when called upon. One of my favs is the 4th down play vs Tampa when he out muscled Sean Murphy-Bunting for the 1st. Another play in that Tampa game vs their CB1 Carlton Davis was the TD to pull it within 3. He smokes him on a slant 1v1. There’s a lot more, he’s also made these plays in the playoffs. He’s a special player that’s going to have a monster season.

I actually think those number you post are very possible.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

At some point you gotta see if he can do it.  On a lesser team they would already be putting Gabe in that situation.

My issue with Gabe is they shoulda seen if he could do it more last year and used Sanders as a "break glass in case of emergency" option. But Dabes trusts vet receivers because the E-P puts more on receivers' plates than other schemes and so they went with Sanders out of the gate until he got hurt and Gabe out produced him - certainly in touchdowns and yards per reception. Now we do know Gabe was nicked up a bit coming out of camp, maybe that played a part, but to me when he was ready he should have been the undisputed starter opposite Diggs. The position we are in now is we still don't know for sure can Gabe handle the load and be a genuine #2 NFL wideout capable of posting 800+ yards as a minimum. I lean towards, yes, but it isn't a lock. If he can't the cupboard is bare behind him. That remains one of my biggest concerns. And if heaven forbid Stef were to miss any time.... oh boy that receiving corps starts to look scratchy. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Crowder was hurt all season.   That's why his ypa was down.  He had no burst.

He used to be a big YAC guy.......something the Bills desperately need........but last year he had a woeful 3.5 YAC after averaging 5.8 YAC the previous 3 seasons.    Not saying Zach Wilson didn't cost him some,  his depth of target was down about a yard.........but he lost MORE than some.   Injuries have become his problem,  both in terms of bulk stats and averages.   Hence his bargain price.

Here are some good clips from weeks 9-11 that show the lack of burst last season:

This is true. That said Beas also lost burst last year and at his age with his legs it was only going one way. Can Crowder be an upgrade on 2021 Cole Beasley remains to be seen, but they had to move on from Beas and with Isaiah, Crowder and Shakir in the mix I am not at all worried about their ability to generate production out of the slot. My concern remains outside. Where they have zero depth and as you and others have pointed out are relying on Gabe to demonstrate he can produce over 17 games. If he does then likely that is the biggest upgrade to the WR production, but if he doesn't they have nowhere to turn to. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Wow. What an unhinged response…

When Bado gets on a roll…, loves the sound of his own voice…, 😂

Also Bills were looking for more YAC, not sure if was because of wide receiver ability, play design or injury but Bills looked at Beasely, more of a possession receiver, and im sure at his age they saw Crowder as an upgrade at this point... jury is out... yeh Beasely's covid stance didnt help but doubt that was a determining factor... 

Edited by North Buffalo

5 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Also Bills were looking for more YAC, not sure if was because of wide receiver ability, play design or injury but Bills looked at Beasely, more of a possession receiver, and im sure at his age they saw Crowder as an upgrade at this point... jury is out... yeh Beasely's covid stance didnt help but doubt that was a determining factor... 

I saw Beasley and family flying out of Buffalo yesterday

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Crowder was hurt all season.   That's why his ypa was down.  He had no burst.

He used to be a big YAC guy.......something the Bills desperately need........but last year he had a woeful 3.5 YAC after averaging 5.8 YAC the previous 3 seasons.    Not saying Zach Wilson didn't cost him some,  his depth of target was down about a yard.........but he lost MORE than some.   Injuries have become his problem,  both in terms of bulk stats and averages.   Hence his bargain price.

Here are some good clips from weeks 9-11 that show the lack of burst last season:

I don't know, he looked pretty good in that clip.  And if he's healthy now...

21 minutes ago, teef said:

what in the holy hell with this thread.

It's that time of season.... here comes the unhinged crew that have to debate their beliefs ad nauseum, and those that can't let it go.

Can't wait for the season to start 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, teef said:

what in the holy hell with this thread.

Oh, you know full well what goes on here…, 😂

• Haha (+1) 4

I for one don't give a hairy rat's ass about what WRs will get in yardage for the upcoming season.

For my money it's all about Josh having at least one open receiver on every play.

Whether a WR, TE, RB or even a reported eligible OL catch TDs and 1st downs it's meaningless as long as they keep moving the ball and SCORING.

When the season starts, and the Bills show me they "can't" move the ball and score I will criticize them and give my opinions as to why.

In the meantime, during this offseason I will continue to roll my eyes at the fans who haven't seen a 2022 season snap let alone have a clue

what OBD's plans for the offense are this year.

Stats be damned, when you boil it all down it's still a simple game.  Score more points than your opponent!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc said:

I don't know, he looked pretty good in that clip.  And if he's healthy now...

He looked like Beasley of 2021 in those clips.   

Now subtract 5 games injured.........and that's why his fantasy projections are around 50 catches for 500 yards.

Need about 85 and 1,000 from that slot position.

They have a bunch of options but Crowder is by far the most "likely" to put up enough numbers to get them most of the way there.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He looked like Beasley of 2021 in those clips.   

Now subtract 5 games injured.........and that's why his fantasy projections are around 50 catches for 500 yards.

Need about 85 and 1,000 from that slot position.

They have a bunch of options but Crowder is by far the most "likely" to put up enough numbers to get them most of the way there.

Actually I would say he looked more like Beasley of 2017.  And his routes looked like "get open quickly and sit in the area" because their QB and OL sucked. 

Again I'm more concerned with him staying healthy.  But he did miss 5 games in 2020 and still put up 700 yards and 6 TDs.  McK will just have to step-up.

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Actually I would say he looked more like Beasley of 2017.  And his routes looked like "get open quickly and sit in the area" because their QB and OL sucked. 

Again I'm more concerned with him staying healthy.  But he did miss 5 games in 2020 and still put up 700 yards and 6 TDs.  McK will just have to step-up.

I think his availability will be much better this year. Going from easy money on a crappy team to a prove it deal with a top team will matter. On a couple of those early plays he wasn't even paying attention when the ball was snapped. Assuming he made a lot of business decisions last year, and the jets knew that too.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It won't change when the season starts.  

But we will get a lot more rational posters to interact with and can drown out the uptight crew

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I think his availability will be much better this year. Going from easy money on a crappy team to a prove it deal with a top team will matter. On a couple of those early plays he wasn't even paying attention when the ball was snapped. Assuming he made a lot of business decisions last year, and the jets knew that too.

I'm hoping to see the best and healthiest version of him...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.