Bills OTAs

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Howard has gotten fairly poor reviews all of OTAs unfortunately 

Yeah, read that and besides the section about him being slow and robotic he's also seemingly the only TE that either didn't get one or wasn't mentioned getting a TD in the redzone work section.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Howard has gotten fairly poor reviews all of OTAs unfortunately 

I have seen that; however, McDermott distinctly said in his news conference today that Howard has looked good this spring and looking better every day...

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They’d be right back to where they were last season…. Perhaps they can swing a trade for a capable #2 because Sweeney blows…. The only place I’d say the Bills are deep depth wise offensively is slot receiver and maybe inside offensive line…. They could have some problems with injuries to Knox, any tackle spot, or Diggs/Davis. 

I can't even argue. You make some great points. I agree.  Hopefully OJ turns it around. 

Luckily our O doesn't have much injury history but we seen with Tre White how easily that can change

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They’d be right back to where they were last season…. Perhaps they can swing a trade for a capable #2 because Sweeney blows…. The only place I’d say the Bills are deep depth wise offensively is slot receiver and maybe inside offensive line…. They could have some problems with injuries to Knox, any tackle spot, or Diggs/Davis. 

That’s the league… even the super bowl favourites have areas of concern along with every other team in the league.

Cross your fingers for a healthy season

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep… they sacrificed investment for Josh for the defense this offseason… just gotta hope the offense stays healthy. 

Other than...

re-signing Isaiah McKenzie (who plays a useful role in the offense year after year)
re-signing Ryan Bates (starter)
signing Jamison Crowder (presumed new starting slot receiver)
signing OJ Howard (presumed TE2)
signing Roger Saffold (presumed new starting left guard)
signing Tavon Austin

signing Duke Johnson

drafting James Cook (high capital on a pass catching back for Josh)

drafting Khalil Shakir (long term slot receiver and WR depth)

...You nailed it.

Totally sacrificed offensive investment.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

Other than...

re-signing Isaiah McKenzie (who plays a useful role in the offense year after year)
signing Tavon Austin

signing Duke Johnson

...You nailed it.

We also extended Diggs a few months ago.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Other than...

signing Tavon Austin

signing Duke Johnson

...You nailed it.

All of those combined might not make as much as Von Miller.  

Edited by NewEra

I can’t believe how many members of TBD put any weight in reports from OTAs. My new favorite word is “content creator” and that’s all OTAs are good for, to give all these podcasters and twitter analysts something to talk about in the offseason. All it serves is to give the new guys some exposure to the scheme and get a little 1 on 1 work in to start getting their muscle memory tuned up for training camp. I’ll start paying attention to individual performances once pre season starts and that’s only to look at what the new guys can do. We know what we have from 90% of the team and until the real bullets start flying in the regular season it’s all guesswork.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And he’s worth every penny. 

Agreed.  The comment was referencing the fact that McB sacrificed help for Josh so they could enhance the D.  

1st rd pick, 3rd round pick, von, daquon, settle, Phillips, Shaq

vs

2nd rd pick, 5th rd pick, Saffold, Bates, Howard. Crowder, Mckenzie, Duke and Austin. 

they didn’t ignore O, but the only real commitment on Offense are Bates (multi year deal) and Cook (4 year rookie contract).  While von and jones were given contracts above what many thought they would get.  Spent our 1st and 3rd rookie contract on a cb2 and a LB that most of us hadn’t known much about.  

pretty obvious to me that they invested a lot more on D than giving our franchise god (sorry to those offended) more weapons and protection.

There isn’t one way to build a SB team. I’m very happy with our DL additions, Elam and our D as a whole.  I but I also agreed with Scott that our OL depth and outside WR depth we’re lacking and could crush our title hopes if certain injuries occur.   I’m happy with the quessenberry and van roten adds.  I feel better about our OL depth.  I don’t  feel good about our outside WR depth.  Gabe has had some injuries and while I LOVE the Shakir pick, I’m not sure if he’ll be an adequate replacement as a rookie. I’d love another outside guy.  I’m also eager to see what Tavon Austin has in the tank.  Dunno if he can play outside, but could be dangerous if used properly…..if he makes the team. 😉 

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d happily exchange their investments on defense(excluding Von Miller) for more/better investment on offensive line and at the skills positions…..It enhances the success of the team more than the defensive moves they’ve made…. They don’t seem to have any issues putting a lot on Josh’s shoulders though despite what they say.

But you don’t know who they would’ve signed.  You don’t know who they would’ve gotten on D.   Alternate additions may have big been blunders.  We thought sanders would’ve been a great addition.  We were wrong.  We thought daryl Williams was a decent resigning. It wasn’t. We thought Zack moss might be good.  He hasn’t been. They may have traded for Robbie anderson and viewed that as a great addition.  

if we win the SB this year, which is still possible, they made the right moves. We’ll wait and see.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.