Bills OTAs

YoloinOhio

Edmunds praised Terrel Bernard for how he’s looked in practice and when a reporter later asked who’s ahead in their positional battles, Bernard or him, Edmunds said something along the lines of “we’ll keep that between our linebacker group.” I would’ve LOVED for some alpha personality to flash there and if he had answered the question matter-of-factly like “me! Come on now.” Could’ve done it with a grin, but I understand that’s not who he is.

On 6/7/2022 at 6:29 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

I was wrong. Technically, he was a 6th Round Pick. But he was the 28th pick of the 6th Round so basically a 7th.

So Kaiir Elam was basically a 2nd round pick?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Actually, that's how I think of it.  There's a big drop in talent fro. The top 10 to the bottom 10 in the first round.  Much bigger than between 6 and 7. 

• Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Actually, that's how I think of it.  There's a big drop in talent fro. The top 10 to the bottom 10 in the first round.  Much bigger than between 6 and 7. 

I mean we technically took him higher than we took Tre White.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean we technically took him higher than we took Tre White.

It’s just how many people view it.  When we traded Tyrod for a 3rd rd pick, I didn’t necessarily view it as a 3rd round pick.  I saw it as the 65th pick, the first pick in rd 3 and more valuable than the other 30 tradable 3rd picks.  What a great trade that is rarely talked about

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

It’s just how many people view it.  When we traded Tyrod for a 3rd rd pick, I didn’t necessarily view it as a 3rd round pick.  I saw it as the 65th pick, the first pick in rd 3 and more valuable than the other 30 tradable 3rd picks.  What a great trade that is rarely talked about

Maybe so, but only in the moment the pick occurs. Even a year later nobody is saying “bottom half of the first round pick Tre White.” He’s a first rounder.

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Maybe so, but only in the moment the pick occurs. Even a year later nobody is saying “bottom half of the first round pick Tre White.” He’s a first rounder.

Lots of different opinions.  I don’t think what people “say” means all that much.  It’s more of an expectation and value think  in my opinion.  All first round picks don’t have the same expectations.  I think Tredavious white was a steal and has exceeded expectations.  A great value @ pick 27.  If he was taken in the top 5, he’d be considered a good pick, solid value.  Ed oliver was a solid pick @ 9.  He would be a great pick @ 29.   I always look at the overall value of the pick rather than just a 1st or 2nd rd pick.  If we would’ve traded up to the 2nd pick in rd 2 and drafted a James cook, the pick would be a huge reach.  To me, that’s the stuff that is discussed.  Maybe my memory bank for that kind of stuff is different than the majority, but I’m sure there are many that feel the same.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.