Bills OTAs

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Imagine thinking punt hang time would be a main off-season story...

After decades of "Is this the QB of the future" and "Will the coaching carousel end" and "will the Bills be able to sign their draft picks before camp" I am ready for the high point of drama to be a punter battle. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

After decades of "Is this the QB of the future" and "Will the coaching carousel end" and "will the Bills be able to sign their draft picks before camp" I am ready for the high point of drama to be a punter battle. 

Preach, brother.  Our biggest camp drama is a player who will likely only be used 25 times this season.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, eball said:

Yup.  25 punts is about what I'm forecasting for the season.

That would be incredible! I think they had like 54-55 last season and went some games without punting at all. So 25 seems a bit low to me, but would be great. I'd guess less than last season but not by a lot, so I will say 45 punts for the season

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

That would be incredible! I think they had like 54-55 last season and went some games without punting at all. So 25 seems a bit low to me, but would be great. I'd guess less than last season but not by a lot, so I will say 45 punts for the season

You were quick.  I edited my response right after posting to say "25-35" but I don't think it will be much higher than that.  The Bills' offense is very, very good and look at how they finished the season.  I think McD has gotten more aggressive and with a kicker like Bass we are almost always going to be in FG range if the offense gets even a couple of first downs.

Punting is not going to be a critical part of this team, this year.

9 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

There isn't any punter battle. Haack is a dead man walking 

9 hours ago, eball said:

You were quick.  I edited my response right after posting to say "25-35" but I don't think it will be much higher than that.  The Bills' offense is very, very good and look at how they finished the season.  I think McD has gotten more aggressive and with a kicker like Bass we are almost always going to be in FG range if the offense gets even a couple of first downs.

Punting is not going to be a critical part of this team, this year.

They are going to punt more than that...they just broke the franchise record for fewest punts in 2020 with 41 in a 16 game season. I doubt they record less than that in a season with an extra game.

Last year they punted 52 times.

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They are going to punt more than that...they just broke the franchise record for fewest punts in 2020 with 41 in a 16 game season. I doubt they record less than that in a season with an extra game.

Last year they punted 52 times.

46 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. I’d guess it’s going to be around the same number. 

Ok, so I did some research.  The Oilers have the record for fewest punts in a 16-game season; they punted 34 times in 1990.  The Chiefs only punted 40 times last year.  I'll revise my Bills forecast to 40 punts because of the reasons I stated up thread.

In any event -- not a lot.  Fewer than three per game.

7 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

I like it but I’m still looking for this one. Can’t find it anywhere

E077D6D2-5065-4F73-AF6B-5374436A546E.jpeg

I like either one. I've talked to embroidery folks about putting a high school logo on a hat like that, but they were a little concerned about causing issues because the hat I happened to want the work done on was waterproof. 

On 5/31/2022 at 7:44 PM, Dr Krentist said:

Hang time was a knock on Araiza during the draft. Hopefully he can get it fixed. Or maybe we carry two punters. If we punt from the 35 or more from our end of the field, Araiza punts. Closer to midfield or from the opponents' side, it would be Haack 😆

Agreed.  It was recognized that Araiza had a huge leg, but flawed technique.  The arc on his punts is consistently too low, and he had little regard for trying to pin opponents inside the 20 when punting from near midfield or closer to the goalline.  He also tended to get the ball off so quickly that his teammates had less time to penetrate on punt coverage.  I think the Bills understood all this when they drafted him, and they would need to try and coach him up on his shortcomings.   It's early.  He's got the whole summer to work on it.

17 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The playoff game against the Patriots spoiled you a bit… they punted 4 times the next week against the Chiefs and a ***** ton of times the week before the Pats game against the Jets.

25 or even 35 times is low… specifically for a 17 game season. 

baby rain GIF by Colore_g

10 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

I like it but I’m still looking for this one. Can’t find it anywhere

E077D6D2-5065-4F73-AF6B-5374436A546E.jpeg

That's a tough one.    Just about anyone other than Josh wearing that gives a real Crocodile Douchebee vibe.    Probably why it's not an item.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's a tough one.    Just about anyone other than Josh wearing that gives a real Crocodile Douchebee vibe.    Probably why it's not an item.

Josh to Mahomes-“That’s not an arm, this is an arm”.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.