Ex - Bronco Brendan Langley in airport brawl

stuvian

5 hours ago, extrahammer said:

As someone who worked in retail for 10 years, this is very accurate. I managed a place once and had a lady throw a fit because I wouldn't honor a coupon that expired over a year before. Literally tried to get me fired, then tried to get my employees fired because they wouldn't honor it either, made the whole thing a 3-day drama, so stupid. She thought we were being too rude telling her the coupon expired, but the issue was, as she said verbatim "The customer is always right." 🙄  

That is only a half quote the whole thing is " in matters of taste the customer is always right" basically if the customer has no taste but wants to buy something, let them.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Timm can you provide that?  I would like to look at it

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/video-shows-apparent-fight-between-former-nfl-player-brendan-langley-and-newark-airport-worker-140710469726

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

My post was a direct response to other poster using race card as to why he was arrested.

I don't disagree about being waiting for a guy to swing first, but that's the way the law has always been handled. If you swing first, you're going to get arrested, the other guy got physical but he never swung. Even if he was arrested it wouldn't be the same charge.

Please show me who pulled the race card. Admit you ASSUMED. AND I never seen a fight where cops show up and demand to know who swing first. If two men square up to fight then they were both participants in crime. If ai walk up to you and square up with my hands up that threatening behavior and you have every right to defend yourself and not wait to get attacked. Same as if a gun in pulled and pointed at you...you don't have to wait to get shot to defend yourself.

52 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

No the act of squaring up does not make it fair game to swing away.  You're making up your own rules here.  And then trying to justify them.  

But can't you see with your logic you would be encouraging/promoting more fighting - and that's not really the what society is going for here.  You would want to be the one throwing the first punch because it increases your odds of winning.

So in conclusion, no squaring up does not mean you are agreeing to fight, no you don't get to hit someone who has squared up because you consider it self defense, and no you shouldn't always try to get in the first punch.

Lol you have no idea of the law. If there is video that someone who had clear chance of retreat...out there hands up and square up that's you have an absolute right to defend yourself. They are threatening you at that point.

But let's not get sidetracked here...Langley was hit FIRST based on available video evidence and at that point they weren't even squared up just in each other's face.

For you defend the worker cause he got that ass whooped tells me alot about you.

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So your assuming it on evidence you dont have other then not giving 5 dollars for a wheelchair

No, I'm assuming he did something jackwagonish because he got arrested.  You, on the other hand, seemed outraged because you assumed he was arrested because he won the fight.

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

That is only a half quote the whole thing is " in matters of taste the customer is always right" basically if the customer has no taste but wants to buy something, let them.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/video-shows-apparent-fight-between-former-nfl-player-brendan-langley-and-newark-airport-worker-140710469726

So.....you like captions (thank you for going through the trouble of providing the link)

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Lol and that to you justifies him being attacked, defending himself, and the only one to get arrested?

You sure make me want to pull out the good old race card. If some black employee did this to a white customer I don't think you defend him.

There, now the card has been pulled.

Not sure if this is meant for me but if so............

7 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

No, I'm assuming he did something jackwagonish because he got arrested.  You, on the other hand, seemed outraged because you assumed he was arrested because he won the fight.

Not really...I would like to know why he WAS arrested.  Is it really over a wheelchair?

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not really...I would like to know why he WAS arrested.  Is it really over a wheelchair?

Is it really that hard for you to believe that Langley started the fight, threw the first punch?  So no, it's not the wheelchair or winning the fight.

Langley has a pattern of jackwagon behavior- from taking the wheelchair, to being involved in throwing punches, to crying out to the crowd for a look at me moment.  Not hard to imagine Langley continued being an entitled, arrogant, dork when questioned by police and thus, ended up arrested.  And don't forget the Post article mentions there is another video that appears to show Langley land the first blow (big surprise).

We really shouldn't have needed all that John.  Langley was arrested, and from that event you should lean towards Langley did something stupid.  Your thought process of thinking Langley was arrested for winning a fight, and now thinking the wheel chair, is baffling.

41 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Lol and that to you justifies him being attacked, defending himself, and the only one to get arrested?

You sure make me want to pull out the good old race card. If some black employee did this to a white customer I don't think you defend him.

There, now the card has been pulled.

8 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Is it really that hard for you to believe that Langley started the fight, threw the first punch?  So no, it's not the wheelchair or winning the fight.

Langley has a pattern of jackwagon behavior- from taking the wheelchair, to being involved in throwing punches, to crying out to the crowd for a look at me moment.  Not hard to imagine Langley continued being an entitled, arrogant, dork when questioned by police and thus, ended up arrested.  And don't forget the Post article mentions there is another video that appears to show Langley land the first blow (big surprise).

We really shouldn't have needed all that John.  Langley was arrested, and from that event you should lean towards Langley did something stupid.  Your thought process of thinking Langley was arrested for winning a fight, and now thinking the wheel chair, is baffling.

Your mindset is baffling to me.   You literally have NO video evidence to back up your claims and people get wrongly arrested ALL THE TIME

So your gonna sit there with a straight face....talking about prior behavior of the athlete.....but dont want to think that the WORKER could not also be a *****?  He literally was fighting with a customer.   But hey.......lets focus on Langley even though there is video evidence of a mutual fight.

And no I am not concentrating on who won the fight.......I am concentrating a little bit on the wheelchair because he didnt give five bucks for it.

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

That advertising slogan is from the mid 60's.  That was back when people actually dressed to fly.  ALL the employees who worked then are now retired with a small fraction of the retirement that they earned/were promised, thanks to Unted's faux bankruptcy.   Now the US tax payers pay them thru PBGC, just like the steel workers and auto workers.  PBGC is propped up by the government, because it loses 10's of billions $, each year.

i would be interested to know IF the employee was actually a United employee, or a low pay, untrained, no benefit contract worker?   Seems that whenever United, or most airlines, have an incident, the "employees" involved, don't really work for the carrier.  The airlines take the bad PR to save a few $$.  IF the airlines had their way, they would have their names on the tickets, the advertising, and the airplanes, and EVERYONE would be a contract worker.

My bad, the slogan ended in the 90's, true it was around for a long time. 

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Your mindset is baffling to me.   You literally have NO video evidence to back up your claims and people get wrongly arrested ALL THE TIME

So your gonna sit there with a straight face....talking about prior behavior of the athlete.....but dont want to think that the WORKER could not also be a *****?  He literally was fighting with a customer.   But hey.......lets focus on Langley even though there is video evidence of a mutual fight.

And no I am not concentrating on who won the fight.......I am concentrating a little bit on the wheelchair because he didnt give five bucks for it.

The Post article said there was video of Langley with the first blow.  The police who had much more to go on than you or I, made one arrest - Langley.  You were wondering why, so Langley's prior history is relevant.  

People may get wrongly arrested, percentage wise it is a small amount.  So for me, the fact Langley got arrested coupled with his jackwagon history was enough to believe he earned it.  And while I believe Langley did something to deserve getting arrested I don't believe it had to do with the wheelchair, that was just the start of the whole incident (and the wheel chair didn't cost $5, he did that to avoid the cost).  

9 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

The Post article said there was video of Langley with the first blow.  The police who had much more to go on than you or I, made one arrest - Langley.  You were wondering why, so Langley's prior history is relevant.  

People may get wrongly arrested, percentage wise it is a small amount.  So for me, the fact Langley got arrested coupled with his jackwagon history was enough to believe he earned it.  And while I believe Langley did something to deserve getting arrested I don't believe it had to do with the wheelchair, that was just the start of the whole incident (and the wheel chair didn't cost $5, he did that to avoid the cost).  

Literally no video I have seen so far that shows the first blow coming from langley.....only a caption...that is no proof there is however video of the worker attempting to throw hands with the athlete....getting sent to the ground.....gets up and WALKS TO THE ATHLETE FOR MORE

The worker's name not even released....just fired (oh yeah that makes sense)

Just because wrongful arrest doesnt happen much doesnt mean it doesnt happen.   If you dont think police make mistakes in situations like this I can provide you a LOT of videos contrary to that.     wtf is wrong with you

Edited by John from Riverside

34 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Interesting you jump to conclusions and assume things. Nothing new that we deal with tho. You can't use a person's prior history when you have no idea of the prior history of the other guy. It's assumed he's a good guy with a squeaky clean past? How so? If you knew history of both people then and only then can I see you taking a pre judicial stance.

Edited by StHustle

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Literally no video I have seen so far that shows the first blow coming from langley.....only a caption...that is no proof there is however video of the worker attempting to throw hands with the athlete....getting sent to the ground.....gets up and WALKS TO THE ATHLETE FOR MORE

The worker's name not even released....just fired (oh yeah that makes sense)

Just because wrongful arrest doesnt happen much doesnt mean it doesnt happen.   If you dont think police make mistakes in situations like this I can provide you a LOT of videos contrary to that.     wtf is wrong with you

Just because you haven't seen video doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  The police had a lot more information to work with than you do.

The worker was fired makes sense based on video we saw.  He could have walked away but didn't, he engaged with Langley.

Just because mistakes happen doesn't mean a mistake happened in this instance.

3 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Seems like you are assuming they arrested him because he was the winner of the fight.

Maybe they're arrested him in part because he is a jackwagon.  Looks like he took a wheel chair, instead of paying the $5.  Not a leap of faith to believe this stellar citizen threw the first punch, and then was excessive in his beatdown of the dorky airline guy.  And you assume that those events were the end of the jackwagons behavior - I wouldn't bet on it, I can imagine he was a peach when the cops came in.

Yup... Langley got violent first and then when the employee connected, he used it as an excuse to unleash.  Langley totally the instigator...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just because you haven't seen video doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  The police had a lot more information to work with than you do.

You literally dont know that

The worker was fired makes sense based on video we saw.  He could have walked away but didn't, he engaged with Langley.

True that does not take into account they were fighting each other.....the athlete didnt throw the first punch.....and the athlete was the one arrested

Just because mistakes happen doesn't mean a mistake happened in this instance.

You actually do know....because he was arrested and lhen released (just him) with no charges filed

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

There is a longer video where it is clear Langley started it. I looked for more because it was clear this was edited for an effect 

Wrong! Funny you say this then post the shortened video that tries to make Langley look like he started it. Smh. And I get the news posted that shortened version. You should have an issue with that.