Ex - Bronco Brendan Langley in airport brawl

stuvian

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why do you think he was the one that was arrested?

I got 3 reasons:

1. He couldn't make the Broncos as a CB when they needed help
  2. He's now playing in Calgary in CFL
  3. And he is trying to convert to WR... Usually the other way around!
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Flying through Newark can put pretty much anyone in a violent mood.

JFK is infinitely worse

59 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

because he beat tf out of the guy. trying to use the card here, is the reason people roll their eyes at hearing it.  theres a time and place to use the card, when you threw 9 punches in (3 seperate instances), and the other guy threw 0 punches, youre going to get arrested

Doesn't look that way in the video. Arrest both or don't arrest either.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

because he beat tf out of the guy. trying to use the card here, is the reason people roll their eyes at hearing it.  theres a time and place to use the card, when you threw 9 punches in (3 seperate instances), and the other guy threw 0 punches, youre going to get arrested

Could you please explain what you mean by the card?

I’m trying to see in this video where what you said is even close to appropriate

And the other guy wasn’t throwing punches because he was too busy catching them

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Offside Number 76 said:

If you've flown since 2001, you know that it's about 75% that the airline employee started it.  They all think they're junior gendarmes now.

If you've flown since Spring of 2020 you know that percentage is just about reversed.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, msw2112 said:

From the segment of the altercation that I could see, it looks like there is fault and very poor judgment on the part of both parties.  And even if Langley isn't completely at fault, this will hurt his NFL chances.  Teams take chances on guys with "issues" if those guys are good players and/or players with perceived upside (like Tyreek Hill, Frank Clark, Ritchie Incognito, or Tyrel Dodson, just to name a few).  If Langley is not currently on a roster, he's probably not one of those types of guys.  There are plenty of end of the bench, practice squad, and/or training camp fodder guys who don't have this kind of baggage (pun not initially indended).

And the United Airlines guy is next level stupid.  You should never fight a) while on the job, unless you are a boxer or hockey player; and b) with a guy who is younger, taller, and clearly much more physically fit than you are.

"this will hurt his NFL chances" .... Hahaha, YOU THINK???

Ironically, after he gets out of jail, his next best job will be behind a counter somewhere--and he'll be the one dealing with stupid people like himself. ... Guarantee you he will never play in the NFL again. Why would any GM take a chance on this level of stupidity???

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Could you please explain what you mean by the card?

I’m trying to see in this video where what you said is even close to appropriate

And the other guy wasn’t throwing punches because he was too busy catching them

I'm assuming the race card

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Not good it came to physical violence.

On a lighter note, I thought for a second he knocked the airline worker onto the luggage belt and we were going to see him roll away. 

You mean this angle?

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Not good it came to physical violence.

On a lighter note, I thought for a second he knocked the airline worker onto the luggage belt and we were going to see him roll away. 

Pretty big weight surcharge on that bag of fluffiness.  

Maybe +$400, but only if he doesn’t eat more while on the belt.

My wife worked for US Airways. She explained it to me this way. 

• Every time you fly, chances are you're paying the most anyone has ever paid for a ticket. But you have to go, so you deal.
  • You are given the 3rd degree by a TSA agent who is rude to you because after the 10,000th time explaining, one can't be courteous. 
  • To make sure you don't miss the flight, you showed up 2 hours early. Now the flight is delayed so you're bored and irritated. 
  • Post Covid, almost all delays are because of manpower. The ground crew cleaning the plane you're waiting for has to do twice as much work for same pay because a large portion quit during covid. The pay is usually around minimum wage because now airlines bid for contracts with airports, so they allocate the absolute minimum. And the kicker is they've found that they can still function with an overworked bare bones staff so instead of it being temporary, it's the new "streamlined business model" for increased profits. They might get complaints but what are you gonna do? Drive to FL?

So the customers are stressed, the employees are stressed, and surrounded by security officers who don't joke around because there are literally signs telling you not to. You're in sky jail. It's no wonder there are so many incidents. Pile on top of that people who are nervous fliers, babies, mask mandates, and emotional support ostriches, it's so easy to revert to fight or flight mode. Not an excuse, just an attempt at an explanation. 

But I have to wonder what was going through their heads. They're at the ticket counter. He hasn't got any baggage near him in the video. He hasn't been through security yet. And the moment you square up on an employee before you hope to utilize their services is an interesting logic. Like sucker punching your cab driver and then telling them "Take me to Applebees!" Probably not going to get there. The employee is the worse of the two. He can call security. He doesn't have to dirty his hands at all. Yet goes the extra sky mile and love taps this guy in much better shape than him. Both will learn that when you're at an airport, you can be charged in federal court. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

First of all I must have missed where the race card was used. Roll your eyes at yourself for assuming. Secondly, so who wins the fight determines who gets arrested? He clearly willingly engaged in battle. Getting your ass whooped doesn't stop you from getting arrested. Langley clearly stopped and the airline worker advanced and engaged him again striking him in the face. That was not self defense at that point.

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.  Looks like he threw the first one too.

What does that matter? Once you square up, you're fair game. It's actually stupid to wait until your opponent swings first. Once you square up you're agreeing to fight and therefore I can defend myself regardless if you swing first or not. Im going to always try to get the first swing and hit in once it's evident a person is squaring up to fight. 

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Wait a minute......why was Langley arrested?  Did he even start this?

You shouldnt get arrested just because you finished it

Not sure, but the article said there was another video that appeared to show that Langley threw the first punch.

13 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"The customer is always right" is actually the opposite.  Usually always wrong.

As someone who worked in retail for 10 years, this is very accurate. I managed a place once and had a lady throw a fit because I wouldn't honor a coupon that expired over a year before. Literally tried to get me fired, then tried to get my employees fired because they wouldn't honor it either, made the whole thing a 3-day drama, so stupid. She thought we were being too rude telling her the coupon expired, but the issue was, as she said verbatim "The customer is always right." 🙄  

• Like (+1) 1