Ex - Bronco Brendan Langley in airport brawl

stuvian

Remember in the 90's United's slogan was "Fly The Friendly Skies"? They don't look so friendly to me anymore. Their new slogan could be "Fly The Friendly Skies with United... Or We'll Kick Your A**"! 😃

• Haha (+1) 2

My guess is that the employee will get fired and will turn around and sue the guy as well as United.

Probably won't win anything since he had a chance to step back and walk away. 

He'll spend a couple of years fighting for a payday, only to come away empty-handed. Best of luck! 

The airline is a big boy but lesson here is don’t mess with professional athletes especially in violent combat sports like football… And he was a CB imagine if he messed with a LB or DL? 

This is not good for his football career...........a grown man taking a handicapped person device to move luggage to save $5 is in very poor taste.........but then beating an airport employee senseless after you get caught is just idiotic.      One of the dudes in the USFL got cut for telling a foodservice worker at their hotel that it "wasn't OK" that they didn't have pizza on the menu.   When you are a scrub you gotta' be extra careful not to do dumb sh*t in public.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From the segment of the altercation that I could see, it looks like there is fault and very poor judgment on the part of both parties.  And even if Langley isn't completely at fault, this will hurt his NFL chances.  Teams take chances on guys with "issues" if those guys are good players and/or players with perceived upside (like Tyreek Hill, Frank Clark, Ritchie Incognito, or Tyrel Dodson, just to name a few).  If Langley is not currently on a roster, he's probably not one of those types of guys.  There are plenty of end of the bench, practice squad, and/or training camp fodder guys who don't have this kind of baggage (pun not initially indended).

And the United Airlines guy is next level stupid.  You should never fight a) while on the job, unless you are a boxer or hockey player; and b) with a guy who is younger, taller, and clearly much more physically fit than you are.

Edited by msw2112

34 minutes ago, Offside Number 76 said:

If you've flown since 2001, you know that it's about 75% that the airline employee started it.  They all think they're junior gendarmes now.

"The customer is always right" is actually the opposite.  Usually always wrong.

Looks like Langley threw first punch and then cries like a baby: "You see that!" When he got stung. 

Yeah... Stupid for the employee to advance on him after he was hit. Gotta back off.

Hope he doesn't get fired, looks like Langley deserved it.

Probably why Langley got arrested, for being the instigator. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why do you think he was the one that was arrested?

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Maybe this is on me I thought in the video I had seen on this that he was arrested

It looks like Langley was arrested:

And the airline employee was fired:

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why do you think he was the one that was arrested?

because he beat tf out of the guy. trying to use the card here, is the reason people roll their eyes at hearing it.  theres a time and place to use the card, when you threw 9 punches in (3 seperate instances), and the other guy threw 0 punches, youre going to get arrested

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

because he beat tf out of the guy. trying to use the card here, is the reason people roll their eyes at hearing it.  theres a time and place to use the card, when you threw 9 punches in (3 seperate instances), and the other guy threw 0 punches, youre going to get arrested

Yeah.  Looks like he threw the first one too.

• Like (+1) 2