THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Moving On

Shaw66

20 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

This isn’t a real Rockpile Review.  It could be, because Brandon Beane once again has orchestrated a lot of change. that's worth talking about.

This is just a simple announcement that I don’t intend to write The Rockpile Review on a weekly basis for the 2022 season.  I probably still will write occasional pieces under that name, but not game-by-game, as I’ve done in the past.  I’m cutting back for a variety of reasons, but probably mostly because finding the time to write and finding fresh things to write about was becoming a chore.  It’s easier to be creative, I’ve found, when the team is 7-9.  These days, I find myself struggling every week to find a new and better way to say “WOW!!!”  

I expect to continue to be here regularly, writing my usual long-winded stuff.  Just not every Sunday night.  

Go BILLS!

Sad to hear, but I get it. Thank you for all of your great contributions to this family.  I look forward to hearing your creative insights, even if they are no longer on a regular basis.  Go Bills!

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I actually suffered through a traumatic event over the weekend.  As I was messing around with one of my sprinkler heads, my girlfriend snapped a pic so she could post it to a group chat we're in with a couple friends and make a joke about a wet t-shirt show.  I saw the pic and noticed that my hair was a hell of a lot more salt than pepa.  I've never cared about going gray .. always happy to have a full head of hair.  Well, then I zoomed in.  I am thinning at the crown.

I was like, "what the f*ck is this?!?!  Am I going bald???"

Her response: "I figured you knew!"

How the hell am I supposed to see thinning back there?  I don't live in a house full of ***** mirrors.

Other than that tiny bit of thinning, I have a glorious head of hair, pal.  AND I think I've got about 10 years on you, so you just wait.

I'm having minor lawn issues, too - so you've really altered my Tuesday.

Dick.

i honestly love that i altered you're tuesday.

i don't know...i'm going to be 45 in september, and you can't see a bit of my scalp.  no light penetrates this head of hard.  i have a tiny amount of gray that you can see if you look very closely, but my hair resembles that of a 25 year old.  

i appreciate the effort @Shaw66, @Bill in NYC and @Virgil among others have done recapping the games the past few years.  They were always my first reads after the games to get good analysis and observations.  I can't imagine the time and effort that went into those weekly nuggets.  Thanks for what you all did and continue to do for the rest of us

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, teef said:

i honestly love that i altered you're tuesday.

i don't know...i'm going to be 45 in september, and you can't see a bit of my scalp.  no light penetrates this head of hard.  i have a tiny amount of gray that you can see if you look very closely, but my hair resembles that of a 25 year old.  

"Penetrates this head of hard"?

Teef....do you want to elaborate?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.