THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Moving On

Shaw66

5 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

This isn’t a real Rockpile Review.  It could be, because Brandon Beane once again has orchestrated a lot of change. that's worth talking about.

This is just a simple announcement that I don’t intend to write The Rockpile Review on a weekly basis for the 2022 season.  I probably still will write occasional pieces under that name, but not game-by-game, as I’ve done in the past.  I’m cutting back for a variety of reasons, but probably mostly because finding the time to write and finding fresh things to write about was becoming a chore.  It’s easier to be creative, I’ve found, when the team is 7-9.  These days, I find myself struggling every week to find a new and better way to say “WOW!!!”  

I expect to continue to be here regularly, writing my usual long-winded stuff.  Just not every Sunday night.  

Go BILLS!

So, do I see you or @Gugny for the refund on my pre-paid 3 year subscription? 

• Haha (+1) 1

This isn’t a real Rockpile Review.  It could be, because Brandon Beane once again has orchestrated a lot of change. that's worth talking about.

This is just a simple announcement that I don’t intend to write The Rockpile Review on a weekly basis for the 2022 season.  I probably still will write occasional pieces under that name, but not game-by-game, as I’ve done in the past.  I’m cutting back for a variety of reasons, but probably mostly because finding the time to write and finding fresh things to write about was becoming a chore.  It’s easier to be creative, I’ve found, when the team is 7-9.  These days, I find myself struggling every week to find a new and better way to say “WOW!!!”  

I expect to continue to be here regularly, writing my usual long-winded stuff.  Just not every Sunday night.  

Go BILLS!

I will miss your great reviews.

Go BILLS!

My God, you may have just jinxed us with a 7 win season.  At least we will know who to blame. :)

1 hour ago, teef said:

don't you dare take those 3 inches from me.  don't you dare.

5 foot 6 with 3 inches.  Lady killer. 

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

As a well-tenured member of this lovely community, I am proud that this thread has not been derailed by a bunch of degenerate a-holes.  I love this place.

Is @teefreally shorter than I am?

When we meet for I’m going to stand up really, really straight. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Honestly I’ll miss it mostly because of the conversation after the initial post.  But as long as you’re not leaving, you’ll find me looking for a conversation with you in it.  Enjoyable things that become unenjoyable should become things you used to do.

Gonna miss your posts, but fully understand your thoughts, 

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Someone has to pick up the pieces. I suggest @Jay_Fixit @Royale with Cheese and @teef.

I do visuals.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

As a well-tenured member of this lovely community, I am proud that this thread has not been derailed by a bunch of degenerate a-holes.  I love this place.

Is @teefreally shorter than I am?

I am positive you have better hair than him.

@teef

1 hour ago, Gugny said:
Edited by Royale with Cheese

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This is your opening, @Logic.

Just remember the things I taught you.

Out of respect for Shaw, and in the name of not de-railing his thread, I shall abstain from taking your bait.

@Shaw66: Thanks for all the Rockpile Reports over the years. I always found them optimistic, but also realistic and reasonable. Never venturing into  "rose colored glasses" territory, but also never descending into the over-the-top misery that was all too easy to fall prey to in the lean years.

Hope you'll continue to make your voice heard on this forum in the years to come, in whatever way feels appropriate to you.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, teef said:

oh hell no.  if i have two things going for me in this world, it's my hair and my lawn.  

I actually suffered through a traumatic event over the weekend.  As I was messing around with one of my sprinkler heads, my girlfriend snapped a pic so she could post it to a group chat we're in with a couple friends and make a joke about a wet t-shirt show.  I saw the pic and noticed that my hair was a hell of a lot more salt than pepa.  I've never cared about going gray .. always happy to have a full head of hair.  Well, then I zoomed in.  I am thinning at the crown.

I was like, "what the f*ck is this?!?!  Am I going bald???"

Her response: "I figured you knew!"

How the hell am I supposed to see thinning back there?  I don't live in a house full of ***** mirrors.

Other than that tiny bit of thinning, I have a glorious head of hair, pal.  AND I think I've got about 10 years on you, so you just wait.

I'm having minor lawn issues, too - so you've really altered my Tuesday.

Dick.

13 hours ago, Ayjent said:

Honestly I’ll miss it mostly because of the conversation after the initial post.  But as long as you’re not leaving, you’ll find me looking for a conversation with you in it.  Enjoyable things that become unenjoyable should become things you used to do.

Thanks.  I, too, like the discussion after the initial post.  But that has little to with me or what I wrote.   Anyone here who starts threads with some interesting ideas (more than "Bills need depth at guard.  Discuss.") finds people with good ideas coming to the thread to talk in depth about those things. 

Thank you to all of you who have such nice things.  I wasn't looking for all that.  I just wanted to put people on notice so they'd be used to the idea and not looking for the Review every week.  And thank you to all of the others who listened to their mothers when they said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"!

And thank you to the merry pranksters for dropping by to visit from whatever universe they usually inhabit.  

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I saw the pic and noticed that my hair was a hell of a lot more salt than pepa.  I've never cared about going gray .. always happy to have a full head of hair.  Well, then I zoomed in.  I am thinning at the crown.

I started thinning long before I turned gray. Four years ago I got tired of the "helplessly going bald" look, so I decided to own it and shave it off entirely. Now I have a shaved head and a bushy (mostly gray) beard. My SIL says it looks kinda bad-ass. I'll take that.

20 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Go BILLS!

If it's any consolation, I rarely read your posts because they are too long and i have a short attention span.

;)

18 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I started thinning long before I turned gray. Four years ago I got tired of the "helplessly going bald" look, so I decided to own it and shave it off entirely. Now I have a shaved head and a bushy (mostly gray) beard. My SIL says it looks kinda bad-ass. I'll take that.

I used to rock a bushy, kinda lengthy, chin beard.  When I first started growing it, it had a great black and white pattern to it.  Eventually, it went all white, but I still kept it.  Got rid of it about a year ago.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.