THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Moving On

Shaw66

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

This isn’t a real Rockpile Review.  It could be, because Brandon Beane once again has orchestrated a lot of change. that's worth talking about.

This is just a simple announcement that I don’t intend to write The Rockpile Review on a weekly basis for the 2022 season.  I probably still will write occasional pieces under that name, but not game-by-game, as I’ve done in the past.  I’m cutting back for a variety of reasons, but probably mostly because finding the time to write and finding fresh things to write about was becoming a chore.  It’s easier to be creative, I’ve found, when the team is 7-9.  These days, I find myself struggling every week to find a new and better way to say “WOW!!!”  

I expect to continue to be here regularly, writing my usual long-winded stuff.  Just not every Sunday night.  

Go BILLS!

Thank so much for your contributions!  I really enjoy your post game thoughts week after week!

You should just let the story build all season long and culminate your thoughts into one Epic piece after we win the SuperBowl! 

Thank you for all your insightful articles and for all of your hard work.  I certainly appreciate all the time it takes to contribute such well thought out pieces, and will also miss your regular write-ups.  That just means when you do post content, we'll all be that much more appreciative.   

Thank you again, and may your pen flow like the mighty Niagara when you DO take the time to bless us with your articles.

It's weird, isn't it?  I think OTA's are going on today and I see nothing about it.  Remember when there would be like 5 quarterbacks competing for a starting job and we would have to know every rumor about every pass completed or missed even if activities were behind closed doors?  The off season is much more interesting when the team sucks....but oh the games themselves are soooo much better.  It's a reasonable trade off.

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

This isn’t a real Rockpile Review.  It could be, because Brandon Beane once again has orchestrated a lot of change. that's worth talking about.

This is just a simple announcement that I don’t intend to write The Rockpile Review on a weekly basis for the 2022 season.  I probably still will write occasional pieces under that name, but not game-by-game, as I’ve done in the past.  I’m cutting back for a variety of reasons, but probably mostly because finding the time to write and finding fresh things to write about was becoming a chore.  It’s easier to be creative, I’ve found, when the team is 7-9.  These days, I find myself struggling every week to find a new and better way to say “WOW!!!”  

I expect to continue to be here regularly, writing my usual long-winded stuff.  Just not every Sunday night.  

Go BILLS!

Well we certainly appreciate all of your hard work and input here over the years.  Can’t say that I read everything, but I always appreciated your “seasoned” point of view.  Especially now that I’m sniffing at age 50 myself.  
Time to sit back and smell the football roses now that our garden in Orchard Park is finally growing sweet ones vs the stinkers we had grown accustomed to for the last few decades.

Thanks again Shaw.

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So are we, or are we not, getting Ertz? (Now we’re never going to know!)

You won't hear it from me!  I've never been the breaking news guy around here.  

But you made me laugh!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.