THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Moving On

Shaw66

Hi Shaw,

Although I don't respond to your weekly columns, I always anxiously await both your write up as well as Virgil's (and Bill in NYC before Virgil), particularly after a win. Can't say I like reading much about losses. When you don't write them, they will be sorely missed! Thank you for all of your contributions to the site!

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The off-season and the hope of breaking years of pain, only to be let down, sure was more eventful.

I used to stop paying attention as much late season when i knew we had no chance some times.

Now it's like I stop paying attention as much in the off-season cause we're not hoping for a QB like Josh and a competent regime.

It's almost like the dysfunction was so easy to watch play out again and again.

When they made head scratching move after head scratching move.

Now it's like I usually for the most part get their moves.

Strange times indeed.

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Agree 1

I have long thought about this unusual conundrum.  When the team is really good, issues/conversations about the team tend to be boring and simple.  

When the team is bad, things get a LOT more interesting and there is much more to discuss.

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This isn’t a real Rockpile Review.  It could be, because Brandon Beane once again has orchestrated a lot of change. that's worth talking about.

This is just a simple announcement that I don’t intend to write The Rockpile Review on a weekly basis for the 2022 season.  I probably still will write occasional pieces under that name, but not game-by-game, as I’ve done in the past.  I’m cutting back for a variety of reasons, but probably mostly because finding the time to write and finding fresh things to write about was becoming a chore.  It’s easier to be creative, I’ve found, when the team is 7-9.  These days, I find myself struggling every week to find a new and better way to say “WOW!!!”  

I expect to continue to be here regularly, writing my usual long-winded stuff.  Just not every Sunday night.  

Go BILLS!

Exactly.   I feel the same way 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for all the work you've put into this over the years. I've always enjoyed reading your Reviews, and appreciate the time you've put into it. You and some other consistent contributors to this site give a lot of good insight, and know it must take quite a bit of effort to continue at that pace. Thanks again to you and the others who've written quality posts over the years. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I totally get that. There's so much more to talk about when the team sucks. When they're great, you just gotta sit back and enjoy it.

So true. I find this board is most useful when there’s something to rag about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.