Allen to appear on PGA championship alternate telecast

The Wiz

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Old news but 

thanks for the reminder 

It is but the schedule for when he would be on was never announced so figured "what the hell". 👍

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Damn them for putting josh on ESPN plus!!!

He obviously has to be decent to get a celebrity invite. Anybody know if he started playing after he went pro? What a freaking athlete if he got that good in 4 years basically lol 

I played 10 years and didn't get to respectable even 😆

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said Britt surprised him and flew in Mitch  who he said is his golf playing partner 

Wow, mitch has a nice wife— she just had a baby a few weeks ago!

The idea of me asking to play golf even on a public course 5 minutes from my house with a newborn in the house would have been produced uproarious laughter from my wife.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The idea of me asking to play golf even on a public course 5 minutes from my house with a newborn in the house would have been produced uproarious laughter from my wife.

Well in fairness, you didn't sign a 14m contract so I'm sure your wife has a little more leverage. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

haha— true. He can probably turn over duties to the Au Pair. 

It's not the au pair duties, it's the stuff he has a personal assistant take care of, or really the personal assistant he likely hired for his wife, since the mental load typically falls on the mom.

Honestly, I should really just hire a personal assistant on the sly, I'm sure it's not all that crazy on something like Fivr...I'd to blame it all on society, which to an extent it is, but I'm just not good at multi-tasking on top of having adhd..

Sorry for the moment of vulnerability on a Bills message board, but just like in the nfl, actually playing the game is the fun part, the real work is in all the preparation and planning. 

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I'm gonna guess they were there too....or maybe it's just a random baby.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Josh Allen like the presidents holding  babies for pictures !! 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

The comments in that twitter thread are gold. 

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

It's not the au pair duties, it's the stuff he has a personal assistant take care of, or really the personal assistant he likely hired for his wife, since the mental load typically falls on the mom.

Honestly, I should really just hire a personal assistant on the sly, I'm sure it's not all that crazy on something like Fivr...I'd to blame it all on society, which to an extent it is, but I'm just not good at multi-tasking on top of having adhd..

Sorry for the moment of vulnerability on a Bills message board, but just like in the nfl, actually playing the game is the fun part, the real work is in all the preparation and planning. 

i hear you! That said, even a lot of these pro athletes are like us regular folk too. I remember chatting with this one retired NFL lineman a few years back. He was a semi-starter and had probably a 8-year career. He was basically exhausted— said his wife worked full time now and the deal they made was he would be the stay at home dad when he retired. 

I just found the interview on my ESPN+ archives.  It's the "PGA Championship final round with Joe Buck".  The broadcast is chopped into 2 segments.  The 3 hour segment, for any golf fans, is great as the first portion has John Daly being John Daly ripping heaters throughout his interview.  The one hour segment has Josh at the 18 min mark and the interview lasts about 10 min.  Here is what was covered:

-He took the interview via his phone from the golf cart.  His girlfriend him with a mystery playing partner as Mitch Trubisky showed up partway through the interview.  

-He's prepping for "The Match"  which is 10 days away.  Said his wedge/shortgame and putting are strong and he's working out the kinks on the rest

-Says the Brady and Rodgers were the two QB's he idolized most growing up.  He wants to trash talk during their match but recognizes he's the young guy so will do so carefully

-Buck and Co convinced him to do a brief Tiger Woods impression.  Josh said Tiger and Kobe were the two athletes that got his blood rushing the most

-Of course he was asked about the playoff loss the Chiefs and if it still bothered him.  He said life is too short to hang onto stuff like this and he wants to focus on being the best version of himself this season.  Of course he followed up that answer with "that one will sting for a while".  This is probably the more honest answer.

As a huge bills fan and golf enthusiast, I am probably way too jazzed for "The Match" vs most fans twobillsdrive.  I'm curious how many folks will actually tune into a friendly golf match airing on TNT on a Wednesday.   I know I will!

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, butch rolle said:

I just found the interview on my ESPN+ archives.  It's the "PGA Championship final round with Joe Buck".  The broadcast is chopped into 2 segments.  The 3 hour segment, for any golf fans, is great as the first portion has John Daly being John Daly ripping heaters throughout his interview.  The one hour segment has Josh at the 18 min mark and the interview lasts about 10 min.  Here is what was covered:

-He took the interview via his phone from the golf cart.  His girlfriend him with a mystery playing partner as Mitch Trubisky showed up partway through the interview.  

-He's prepping for "The Match"  which is 10 days away.  Said his wedge/shortgame and putting are strong and he's working out the kinks on the rest

-Says the Brady and Rodgers were the two QB's he idolized most growing up.  He wants to trash talk during their match but recognizes he's the young guy so will do so carefully

-Buck and Co convinced him to do a brief Tiger Woods impression.  Josh said Tiger and Kobe were the two athletes that got his blood rushing the most

-Of course he was asked about the playoff loss the Chiefs and if it still bothered him.  He said life is too short to hang onto stuff like this and he wants to focus on being the best version of himself this season.  Of course he followed up that answer with "that one will sting for a while".  This is probably the more honest answer.

As a huge bills fan and golf enthusiast, I am probably way too jazzed for "The Match" vs most fans twobillsdrive.  I'm curious how many folks will actually tune into a friendly golf match airing on TNT on a Wednesday.   I know I will!

WNY is a golf town.  I think most Bills fans around here will be tuning in

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.