Movin The Chains is in the process of evaluating the offensive lines these two weeks

19 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I started this dialogue for discussion.  I think if you have Sirius and listen you’ll enjoy some of the topic.  I’ll add as the NFC posts.  I don’t disagree after

listening to all four shows of the AFC once they explained their findings.

Pat & Jim are a good listen. They have pride in their job.They try and be as objective as possible. They have their favorites like anyone else. They have tremendous respect for Coach McDermott & Brandon Beane. 

4 hours ago, eball said:

First of all, I think Kirwan and Miller do a very in-depth job when they take on a “league-wide ranking” exercise such as this one.  It’s not fluff.  They also value OL play quite highly and have frequent guests/experts on their show on the topic.  If they believe the Bills have the 2nd best OL in the AFC it’s not a snap judgment.

I believe the overall discussion of the OL on this board, however, reinforces a couple of common tendencies among football fans in general:

1 - fans who tend to focus on “areas to improve” almost always bemoan the team’s OL play and don’t seem to take a big picture view (i.e., compared to the league); and

2 - fans tend to forget (or ignore) that every team in the league has issues with consistent OL play.

I bet if you visit the other 31 teams’ primary fan message boards you’ll find 31 fan bases who gripe and moan about their team’s OL.  It’s just what we as fans do.

I’m always an optimistic fan, but getting rid of Bobby Johnson and bringing in Beach Chairs is still the most important move the Bills have made for the offense this offseason.

I slighlty challenge this. This time last year I was bullish about our OL (wrongly, as it turned out). I don't think this can just be put down to "normal OL chatter by fans." This is based on actual play on the actual field last season. And I watch lots of other teams. The Bills OL was bottom half of the league in 2021. 

Are there reasons to think it will be better in 2022? Yes - Kromer's addition, Dawkins at full health, year 2 for Spencer Brown, hopefully fewer musical chairs required among the starting 5. But it isn't a given. The concerns are legit. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I slighlty challenge this. This time last year I was bullish about our OL (wrongly, as it turned out). I don't think this can just be put down to "normal OL chatter by fans." This is based on actual play on the actual field last season. And I watch lots of other teams. The Bills OL was bottom half of the league in 2021. 

Are there reasons to think it will be better in 2022? Yes - Kromer's addition, Dawkins at full health, year 2 for Spencer Brown, hopefully fewer musical chairs required among the starting 5. But it isn't a given. The concerns are legit. 

That's my point.  Concerns about the OL are always legit -- for the Bills and for 31 other NFL teams.  But if a couple of guys who study the game do a deep dive into all 32 teams' lines and come out saying the Bills look to be pretty good, we can take some comfort in that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

“Concerns” can be had for every position group, be it backups to cover for injury or potentially poor play, etc etc, these “concerns” are the same for every team, one can pick and choose a player at any position and come up with pros and cons on them, Bates is a common target, he plays well the majority of the time when he has had the opportunity, some here think he is little better than a jag, even though he has proved otherwise repeatedly, Much of these “concerns” are not more than hyperbole in many cases, we see it expressed (the concerns) throughout  out the season on any number of players.. There is damn little to be done about personal acquisitions from now through the season, its time to get comfortable with the players we have, because there’s  not going to be a lot of changes forthcoming…, mid to bottom of the roster guys is likely all we will see moving around.

Go Bills!!!

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You don’t see the irony in that post?

Hence the smile and thumbs up 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BTB said:

Jim and Pat are definitely the most enjoyable hosts on Sirius NFLR. 

IMO the least enjoyable host….Bruce Murray.  Just comes across as a miserable prick. 

Charlie Weis has even grown on me. 😂

Weiss is the worst.  It’s not even close.  Arrogant, not funny, and just an overall prick.  Especially to callers.

11 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Weiss is the worst.  It’s not even close.  Arrogant, not funny, and just an overall prick.  Especially to callers.

i think weiss is the worst for me as well.  for starters his voice makes me sleepy, and if i hear him refer to brady as, "tommy" one more time, i'm going to lose my *****.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/25/2022 at 7:07 PM, Robert Paulson said:

Tommy Tommy Tommy is all that jerk talks about

Well the good news is they are on most of the year 10-12pm, but we have the extra point.  The sad thing is Bob Papa is one of the best on NFLR after the MTC guys.  When it was him with Ross Tucker, that opening drive was a great show.  Tuck is a good dude.  I occasionally listen to his podcasts, but not the same as he doesn’t take calls.  That was a real loss for NFLR.

For anyone, I hate doing things halfway and for some reason they didn’t re air the NFCS so I don’t know their rankings. If anyone listened to that show on Thursday, send me a PM or just post the four.  I’ll edit the original post.

On 5/22/2022 at 10:02 AM, Don Otreply said:

There are “some” here who will always believe Beane is an awful GM and can’t assemble a quality O-line or D-line, or RBs room, etc etc etc, it’s like a running joke when they post, 😁👍

He deserves the criticism he has received. The first D line rebuild with Vernon Butler and Quinton Jefferson was garbage. The Zach Moss pick has been, a bust. Keeping TJ Yeldon for years with no use. Trading Wyatt Teller. Drafting Cody Ford.

I love beane as a GM but he earned that criticism. I still am glad he's our GM. But he's not perfect at all and has struggled on some position groups.

7 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

He deserves the criticism he has received. The first D line rebuild with Vernon Butler and Quinton Jefferson was garbage. The Zach Moss pick has been, a bust. Keeping TJ Yeldon for years with no use. Trading Wyatt Teller. Drafting Cody Ford.

I love beane as a GM but he earned that criticism. I still am glad he's our GM. But he's not perfect at all and has struggled on some position groups.

It’s not about Beane being perfect, no one should be expecting perfect, in which humans don’t do perfect,  there is a difference between making a valid critique, and continuous complaining.

On 5/22/2022 at 9:35 AM, Chandler#81 said:

How can that be? I read right here our OLine sucks and is nearly everybody’s biggest concern and fear.

We have such a knowledgeable group here. 🤦‍♂️

just “here” ;) 😆 

However, the rankings sees the other elements of the Bills offense as being just a shade above average. Buffalo earned a score of 3.5 for their running backs, play-caller, and offensive line.

Buffalo’s offensive additions could help the team climb the rankings in the near future. The Bills added Rodger Saffold on the offensive line and drafted the dynamic James Cook as a change-of-pace back to supplement Devin Singletary in the backfield.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/25/cbs-sports-buffalo-bills-second-tier-offense-josh-allen/?itm_source=parsely-api

40 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The offensive line construction is certainly a valid critique…. As is the defensive lines and questionable high round picks on RBs. 

Context…, all those things you mention are part of one of the best teams in the NFL,  and a Super bowl favorite,  think about it from that perspective once in a while…, 

(folk really need to get past the idea teams can be perfect, it never happens) 

Go Bills!!!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.