Kollmann film room on Khalil Shakir

LEBills

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Nice breakdown, but I stayed for the cocktail recipe 😎

I personally have every intention of trying out this "Loganberry Whiskey Sour."

But, in the meantime:

4 oz. bourbon whiskey

2 oz. lemon juice (lime works-- lemon/lime is even better)

1 oz. 2:1 simple syrup

1 T. orange marmalade 

1 T. egg white (or just throw in an entire egg white)

Shake vigorously with ice (you want the egg white to get all frothy), and double strain into a chilled heavy lowball glass. (If you don't have a heavy lowball, drop in a large ice cube, or sphere.) Drink, and enjoy, and don't bother listening to a podcast that would have the audacity to suggest that Isaiah McKenzie isn't a versatile player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Isn’t a new player who runs plays better an addition to the offense?

3 hours ago, unbillievable said:

The formations and play quirks he showed in the analysis are already being run by Buffalo with Mckenzie.

Maybe, the thinking is that Shakir will run them better, not that it will be a new addition to the offense.

On 5/21/2022 at 7:51 PM, Watkins101 said:

Lost a lot of credibility when he said McKenzie didn’t have special team ability 

No he didn’t the bills pulled McKenzie off the field that is the important thing to remember

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think he’s more likely Crowders replacement next year or after he gets hurt this year.  If Davis leaves after 2 more seasons (which is VERY possible considering the contract he might command), I hope that we would have drafted a WR in rd 1 of the 22 or 23 draft.  

Predicting an injury for a player is not good karma era

On 5/22/2022 at 1:02 AM, Logic said:

I think it’s Shakir vs Stevenson vs McKenzie. I don’t see any other viable candidates on the roster. Unless they bring in a veteran or one of the UDFAs steps up, that’s who I see in the return competition.

Honestly, I’m surprised they didn’t bring in a more viable returner after the way last season went. Maybe they’re hoping Stevenson steps up. In all of Beane’s discussions of Shakir in interviews, I haven’t actually heard him mention Shakir being a candidate for the returner role.

LIkely 2 of those guys stick - my guess is its shakir and mckenzie.  Mckenzie will get more play on offense, but he's there to return in a pinch.  

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

No he didn’t the bills pulled McKenzie off the field that is the important thing to remember

Predicting an injury for a player is not good karma era

You might be right.  I’m wasn’t predicting season ending injury.  Just that he’ll get injured and miss a game+

The  way I see it, when a player gets hurt and misses games in 5 straight seasons I don’t think it’s bad karma. It’s just inevitable. It’s a violent sport and some guys bodies aren’t made to hold up to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/21/2022 at 9:33 PM, Doc said:

Punt and kick returner to start.

They are going to have to use him some where on the active roster if for nothing else just to keep him . As we have heard Beane got some nasty calls after the pick saying other teams wanted him if he is for 1 second put on the PS he's a goner 1 of those other teams will swoop in immediately & take him .

I bet some teams have just 1 person they have chosen to watch the Bills PS just incase they put this guy there as a inactive player so they can get him .

On 5/22/2022 at 11:10 AM, Logic said:

Ive been saying this: the Bills have outstanding slot depth but are shallow on the outside. Shakir CAN play out there, but counting on a 5th round rookie to replace a Diggs or a Davis is asking a lot.

SO…

Unless they really have faith in Stevenson or Hodgins stepping up, they ought to be looking at bringing in a veteran outside Wr. One with a bit of speed would be nice.

I can’t help but wonder if TY Hilton would be willing to take a cheap deal for a shot at a title.

I think if Davis or Diggs get injured they would move Crowder to the outside and put McKenzie in the slot (until Shakir overtakes McK).

It does seem a little risky and maybe they are looking at either TY Hilton or W Fuller at a good price.

Really is pretty peculiar this dude fell to the 5th with how much praise he gets. His profile reads that he's super versatile and good at just about everything but not quite elite at anything. With all the hype he's gotten since the pick you would've thought he was a second round pick, or a late third rounder at worst. And then the only other knock I really saw about him was some scouts didn't think he always played up to his testing numbers. But there was really nothing in his skill set that'd drive teams away. IMO a lot of less talented receivers were picked before him. Maybe some teams feel like he's already reached his ceiling and there isn't a lot of upside to work with? I dunno. I feel like he's gonna be a pretty good player. I don't expect him to light it up in his first two seasons as the Bills will work him in slowly like they've done with Gabe. But man, how rad for Beane to find two stud WRs in the middle rounds. 

Edited by blacklabel

There is a real possibility that the Bills ended up drafting two players who will be a staple in the Bills passing attack for years to come.   They are both jackknives that can be lined up in a multitude of positions in varying formations.    They both could end up being reliable safety valves that convert lots of third down conversions.

I think when it's all said and done, a 2nd and 5th rounder who could end up 2-3 years from now catching over 100 receptions annually would end up looking like a hell of a bargain.

The Bills are a little weak with their boundary WR depth, they should look to add another veteran to the mix.

4 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think if Davis or Diggs get injured they would move Crowder to the outside and put McKenzie in the slot (until Shakir overtakes McK).

It does seem a little risky and maybe they are looking at either TY Hilton or W Fuller at a good price.

Crowder is 5'9 and his game revolved around short area quickness 

He isn't playing outside

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/21/2022 at 10:51 PM, White Linen said:

The interview he did with Howard and Jeremy on GR was impressive.   What a seemingly fantastic young man with an incredibly focused attitude.   I have a feeling we found a real gem in this kid.

I hate the play the role of old cynic but...  over the years, we've drafted a lot of young men with excellent characters, attitudes and work ethic in the mid & later rounds.  But without NFL level talent, they didn't pan out.  

I really hope Shakir is different.

7 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I hate the play the role of old cynic but...  over the years, we've drafted a lot of young men with excellent characters, attitudes and work ethic in the mid & later rounds.  But without NFL level talent, they didn't pan out.  

I really hope Shakir is different.

True.....but they didnt have a unicorn throwing to them either

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Magox said:

There is a real possibility that the Bills ended up drafting two players who will be a staple in the Bills passing attack for years to come.   They are both jackknives that can be lined up in a multitude of positions in varying formations.    They both could end up being reliable safety valves that convert lots of third down conversions.

I think when it's all said and done, a 2nd and 5th rounder who could end up 2-3 years from now catching over 100 receptions annually would end up looking like a hell of a bargain.

The Bills are a little weak with their boundary WR depth, they should look to add another veteran to the mix.

That is a good name for our new OC's offense - Jackknife.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.