Can the Bills be the seventh?

BillsFan619

Only six times has the preseason favorite ever won a Super Bowl. Can the Bills be the seventh?

Mike Robb had Josh Allen as #1 on GMFB the other day. Cynthia Freuland named the Bills the #1 offense in the NFL. And, we’re starting to see people say that they’re the best team in the NFL.

I know that it doesn’t mean much unless they produce on the field but they’re such a complete team. Time will tell but I think they have a really good shot of being the seventh.

Go Bills!

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/21/six-teams-preseason-favorite-won-super-bowl/

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Can the Bills be the seventh?

It does make me nervous having all the 'experts' picking us to win. But then, as someone pointed out here a while ago, it's not like everyone picking against us ever created some magic reverse jinx, so why should this?

All I know is, if Allen can play 75% of how he was in the playoffs for a majority of the regular season, then elevate his play in the playoffs again, we'll be damned hard for anyone to beat

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

From the article, the six other teams (including Dallas 1993, who beat us in the SB):

16 minutes ago, eball said:

I’m just waiting for the inevitable “will Josh Allen regress in year 5?” thread.  You all know it’s coming.

Yeah, on Fox Sports Radio this afternoon, LaVar Arrington, TJ Houshmandzadeh and Plaxico Burress were discussing QB's, and they said Burrow, Herbert, and Mahommes were the three best young QB's in the AFC. No mention of Josh.

Edited by chongli

13 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Hah, I just assumed it was for the full 56 super bowls that had been played.

I had to look it up because there was no way the Green Bay Packers wouldn't have been favored those first two Super Bowls.  Same goes for the undefeated 70's Fins.  I'm not sure they even did preseason future Super Bowl odds back then.

7 hours ago, eball said:

I’m just waiting for the inevitable “will Josh Allen regress in year 5?” thread.  You all know it’s coming.

yeah, but the Doom & Gloomers add so much spice to the Wall. Without them, this place would be more boring than Sunday School.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

I hope that the players don’t read the press clippings.  I really don’t want to suffer through another Pittsburgh or Jacksonville game like last year.   

I think a lot of people perceive those losses as the Bills not taking opponents seriously or not giving 100% effort  but I think the real reason for those struggles were the problems with the Offensive Line.  Dawkins did not look like himself for much of the year after having complications from Covid and then there was the mess at LG.  Once Bates came into the picture and it seemed like Dawkins regained form they looked like a completely different team to finish out the season.  I have no worries about the players reading their press clippings.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I just love all this preseason hype so all the people that say the media hates the Bills can shut the hell up now. 

The media loves winners. They don't care about losers. They don't care who the winners are. They will find a story and an angle to talk them up.

So why do they seem to love the Cowboys so much?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.