How many wings can you eat???? Allen eats a bunch apparently.

The Wiz

Back in the day of 10 cent wings and 50 cent Cream ale drafts,  between foosball games in a smoke filled bar with the jukebox blasting the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac or later Kenny Rogers, I didn't take a solid crap for 20 yrs. Could never eat that many wings again....or Cream ale. Now I can't ....nevermind...

• Haha (+1) 1

I knock back 18 and dinner, and he’s way bigger than I am, so I don’t find that hard to believe.  I learned my lesson on St. Patrick’s Eve, went to a Hooters all you can eat night.. 5 dozen was too many.. missed the morning drinking shift… sent about 30 of them back out the wrong direction.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

What's odd is that as I get older, the spicy stuff doesn't do anything to my body any more than it used to ... but I seem to have less tolerance for the heat as I'm eating it.  I killed a dozen extra hots years ago with no problem.  Fast forward a few years and I couldn't do it.

Over the years, it's always been just a personal challenge.  My first wings at Bar Bill were "hot."  The waitress warned me that their mediums are like most places' hot.  But I got the hot, anyway.

The following year (I only go yearly), same waitress gave me the same warning, LOL.  Went with hot again.

That's when I decided to step it up each year.

Did the extra hot the following year and got through the dozen, no problem .. but they WERE hot.

Finally decided to do the Suicide wings when I was with Beerball, Fergs, Cletus and various family members.  That's when I ate 7 (don't listen to Beerball).

Stupidly, I got them again the next time we were all together and I was way outmatched.

Those days are over for me.  Now I'm just on a quest for a heat that gives a mild sweat with excellent flavor.

Bar Bill hot wings achieve that perfectly.

i need some Bar Bill in my life.  Sadly….very sadly…,I’ve never been.  Haven’t been back east since 2018 but I’m going to make it happen this year……and I’ll be damned if I don’t try my best to finish a dozen extra hots. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

i need some Bar Bill in my life.  Sadly….very sadly…,I’ve never been.  Haven’t been back east since 2018 but I’m going to make it happen this year……and I’ll be damned if I don’t try my best to finish a dozen extra hots. 

And I’ll be there right behind you, passing out the milk and the Tums!  (I prefer peppermint, but you’ll get what you get!) 

I’m a bit embarrassed that I have not been there yet, but I was a kid when I left WNY in ‘77. No idea when they popped up, but it’s a top priority next trip. 

Edited by Augie

13 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Our tailgate, prefers the large wings.

To cook them properly, they need around 20 minutes @ < 400ºF. in the fryer. (I use Peanut oil, which can cook to 400 degrees, safely, and without smoke)

Most places do not cook wings long enough, since time, is $$$$$.

I use a 20" Wok on a turkey burner, for my deep fryer. - Works great!

Bart IDK why I remember as it was a high school and early college job before I worked at the BN was Blasdell Pizze used to fry the jumbo wings for 11-12 minutes depending on how well done the customer wanted.  I don’t remember the temperature.  They were good even though I always preferred their pizza over the wings.  Delivering pizza as a kid was a fun job.  

11 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Bart IDK why I remember as it was a high school and early college job before I worked at the BN was Blasdell Pizze used to fry the jumbo wings for 11-12 minutes depending on how well done the customer wanted.  I don’t remember the temperature.  They were good even though I always preferred their pizza over the wings.  Delivering pizza as a kid was a fun job.  

Getting a pizza from Blasdell Pizza after getting back to the hotel from the game is an annual tradition for me.  I love their pizza!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Gugs, it is the first thing Indo when I fly up to Buffalo.  Usually my cousin IR one if my sisters pick me up from the airport, and there is a four pack of beef and cheese burritos hot of course from Mighty.  Then before I even make it home I’ve already called in from the airport (I stay along with the kids at my dad’s place in a Hamburg right by Immaculata). Blasdell pizza subs.  Lots of sauce and well done. Their pepperoni is out if this world.

Gugs is we ever sync up for a September game, the pizza is on me after.  You get the OV.  Add and L and an E, and that’s love, love OV.  Do you remember that jingle from the 80’s.  I’ve had many a foggy night at Mulligans Brick Bar with those OV cases laced with ice in the box for the splits.  Now that’s a fond memory, although blurry from college.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Augie said:

And I’ll be there right behind you, passing out the milk and the Tums!  (I prefer peppermint, but you’ll get what you get!) 

I’m a bit embarrassed that I have not been there yet, but I was a kid when I left WNY in ‘77. No idea when they popped up, but it’s a top priority next trip. 

https://www.barbill.com/about-us

In 1983 Joe opened his kitchen, serving chicken wings along with the beef.

I was living in area (UB) but no vehicle and no money for restaurants like this.

Remember reading about it in student press.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.