How many wings can you eat???? Allen eats a bunch apparently.

The Wiz

17 hours ago, SDS said:

Back in high school, after wrestling matches, the team would go out on $.10 wing nights on Thursday. The wings were pretty small, but the order was for 50 a person around the table. That’s when I was 115 pounds. 

for those of us watching our weight, we weren’t all that bright. Lol

But wings are low in carbohydrates!

• Like (+1) 1

The restaurants or pizza places can choose what size they want as the larger the more expensive it is to the restaurant.  Blasdell Pizza used to order jumbo wings when I worked there 35 years ago as a delivery boy.  Good high school and early college job.  Interestingly, hot was Frank’s, medium was half Franks/half butter, and mild was just butter.  Suicide is where they used to put all kinds of crazy spices and peppers in it where you start tearing eating them.  

I don’t that many these days.  Usually a dozen, but maybe a few times a year.  They are just too bad for you that it has to be a treat.  

Just now, Beerball said:

You 'ate' 1. You then attempted to pawn the rest off on your poor son.

I ate 7.  I pawned the rest off on anyone who wanted to try them. My son lasted one bite.  I think Fergy Jr., ate one.  No one else tried any.

This was also the night before the tailgate during which @BringBackFergytook a nappy poo in his truck.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I ate 7.  I pawned the rest off on anyone who wanted to try them. My son lasted one bite.  I think Fergy Jr., ate one.  No one else tried any.

This was also the night before the tailgate during which @BringBackFergytook a nappy poo in his truck.

He deserved a nap after winning the BB Sidewalk Championship belt with a KO.

Mrs. Beerball says you ate 1. I'll let her know you're calling her a liar.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

The morning after must’ve been a treat! friends sleep GIF

Luckily, spicy foods don't have that effect on me!  But man, let me tell you ... these sumsbitches was HOT.  The only time I've been stopped short of a dozen.  Great experience .. ne'er again.

In fact, the following year, I got extra hot at Bar Bill and even THOSE were a bit too much.  I've stuck with hot since, and will continue with hot moving forward!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Luckily, spicy foods don't have that effect on me!  But man, let me tell you ... these sumsbitches was HOT.  The only time I've been stopped short of a dozen.  Great experience .. ne'er again.

In fact, the following year, I got extra hot at Bar Bill and even THOSE were a bit too much.  I've stuck with hot since, and will continue with hot moving forward!

I tried a full order of suicides at Barbill once.

Once. :)

Now I just an order of hot and an order of another flavor (HBBBQ or Sicilian) with a side of suicide for some extra burn.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

lucky you!!  The morning after is the only reason i stay away from the super hot stuff nowadays.  A few years back, I would regularly eat a grilled chicken wrap, with the chicken heavily tossed in a ghost pepper sauce.  Until that one morning....... ohhhhhhh what a morning it was.  Haven't eaten it since and will likely never again.  

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The restaurants or pizza places can choose what size they want as the larger the more expensive it is to the restaurant.  Blasdell Pizza used to order jumbo wings when I worked there 35 years ago as a delivery boy.  Good high school and early college job.  Interestingly, hot was Frank’s, medium was half Franks/half butter, and mild was just butter.  Suicide is where they used to put all kinds of crazy spices and peppers in it where you start tearing eating them.  

I don’t that many these days.  Usually a dozen, but maybe a few times a year.  They are just too bad for you that it has to be a treat.  

That is how I make them at home. 6 wings in the air fryer. 1/4 cup of Franks, a TBSP of butter, a splash of white vinegar, with a dash of cayenne powder when the butter is melting into the Franks. Air fry the wings dry. Mix them in a container (don't have a painters bucket LOL!) and then air fry again for 5 minutes to cook the sauce in and add a bit more crispiness. Drizzle the wings with a touch of the left over sauce before serving, put the rest in a dipping cup.

Everyone in WNY knows wings should be crispy and not wet and soggy!

It's crazy how badly wings are messed up in other parts of the country. I've ordered Buffalo wings in Philadlephia and gotten an order of plain fried wings and a side of bad sauce.... and ranch.....

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

lucky you!!  The morning after is the only reason i stay away from the super hot stuff nowadays.  A few years back, I would regularly eat a grilled chicken wrap, with the chicken heavily tossed in a ghost pepper sauce.  Until that one morning....... ohhhhhhh what a morning it was.  Haven't eaten it since and will likely never again.  

Lucky man. After 8 pm and I have heartburn all night long.... Getting older blows.

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What's odd is that as I get older, the spicy stuff doesn't do anything to my body any more than it used to ... but I seem to have less tolerance for the heat as I'm eating it.  I killed a dozen extra hots years ago with no problem.  Fast forward a few years and I couldn't do it.

Over the years, it's always been just a personal challenge.  My first wings at Bar Bill were "hot."  The waitress warned me that their mediums are like most places' hot.  But I got the hot, anyway.

The following year (I only go yearly), same waitress gave me the same warning, LOL.  Went with hot again.

That's when I decided to step it up each year.

Did the extra hot the following year and got through the dozen, no problem .. but they WERE hot.

Finally decided to do the Suicide wings when I was with Beerball, Fergs, Cletus and various family members.  That's when I ate 7 (don't listen to Beerball).

Stupidly, I got them again the next time we were all together and I was way outmatched.

Those days are over for me.  Now I'm just on a quest for a heat that gives a mild sweat with excellent flavor.

Bar Bill hot wings achieve that perfectly.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

When wings first got started, we used to go to a place in Riverside called Quinn's (Thomas E. Hughies was across the street).

Believe it or not, a double order of wings (20 mixed) only cost $3.75!!!

Wings are like a $1.00 each now 😞

Crazy prices. 
place in Waterloo Ontario called Morty’s still has the best wings I’ve ever had outside Buffalo. 

Still the 9/11 Tavern for me are as close to wing artwork as I’ve ever eaten/seen. 
You’ll wait 45 minutes but they are huge and meaty and each wing appears to have been painted by a a very saucy brush. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.