"Choose Love" T-Shirts Now Available with Proceeds to Benefit Survivors and Community Response Funds (mod edit)

msw2112

This was a very hot topic in the thread regarding the recent events in Buffalo.  There was so much interest in these shirts that I thought it warranted its own thread.  If the moderators feel it should be merged into the other thread, that's fine.

The link below contains the details about the shirts from the WKBW TV website and below is the tweet from the Bills:

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/buffalo-strong/looking-for-a-choose-love-shirt-the-buffalo-bills-wore-team-says-they-will-be-available-soon

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• msw2112 changed the title to "Choose Love" T-Shirts Available Soon with Proceeds to Benefit Survivors' and Community Funds
  • msw2112 changed the title to "Choose Love" T-Shirts Available Soon with Proceeds to Benefit Survivors and Community Response Funds
2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’ll be buying some for the family. 

Before you do, figure out what "proceeds will benefit the 5/14 fund" actually means.

Like is 100% of all revenue going to the charity?

If not, just directly give the charity money and forget about the t-shirt.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Before you do, figure out what "proceeds will benefit the 5/14 fund" actually means.

100% this. Always do your homework. And to add - there are already outfits selling knockoffs of these shirts who are not affiliated with the team (or any charity) so please be on the lookout.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I understand your intent, good natured and well reasoned but there is almost NEVER a 100% of all revenue goes to charity and even if you send a check there will be overhead/processing fees to manage the payment.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I'm not sure I'm board with a shirt reminder of this tragedy.  It just feels weird to me.  I'm good with just making donations.

Really? A shirt that says Choose Love? And actually the point is never to forget a tragedy happened. Where does society end up if most thought like you?

20 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I understand your intent, good natured and well reasoned but there is almost NEVER a 100% of all revenue goes to charity and even if you send a check there will be overhead/processing fees to manage the payment.

People don't get that. In this case I'm sure Bills will donate all the profit but PROFIT is key word. People working to make the shirts all gotta get paid. Beyond that I highly doubt the Bills would keep a single cent of the profit for themselves.

If you mean the survivors fund and community response thats all 100% being used by the community minus paying the workers. The charity itself will not build some account up to spend elsewhere later...it's basically a pop up charity and not the usual that have all sort of salaries and bonuses going out.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Really? A shirt that says Choose Love? And actually the point is never to forget a tragedy happened. Where does society end up if most thought like you?

I don't see the need to get on that poster over his choice to not buy a t-shirt but, to instead, donate money to the cause. Giving money to the families effected by this is a good thing, right?

There have been plenty of mass shootings and terrorist attacks around the world in the last 25 years or so. All have been memorialized in some fashion. Society is no better because of it.

Edited by Beast

10 minutes ago, StHustle said:
2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Thank you!! The message, Choose Love, is one the world needs. 

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

I don't see the need to get on that poster over his choice to not buy a t-shirt but, to instead, donate money to the cause. Giving money to the families effected by this is a good thing, right?

There have been plenty of mass shootings and terrorist attacks around the world in the last 25 years or so. All have been memorialized in some fashion. Society is no better because of it.

Silence is complicity!! Stop hate, choose love. There can be no change if there is no movement. Spread the message

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Beast said:

My point was the shirt is part of the fight against tragedy. To forget the tragedy is to forget the fight against it's cause. Wasn't specifically about him buying a shirt or donating...plenty money coming in...wearing a shirt like this is better than a check...it's spreading a message and showing where you stand. Just sharing my thoughts on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I'm not sure I'm board with a shirt reminder of this tragedy.  It just feels weird to me.  I'm good with just making donations.

Like Firebaugh Kid said, I view it more as a way to honor those that passed. Yes, it's a constant reminder of the tragedy too but more importantly it's about remembering the victims and the two simple words on the T-shirt.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

There's a special place in hell for those who profit off of misery. 

Politicians and the media...

But I guess we already knew where they were going anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.