Hate myself for this, but Edelman's impression of Belichick roasting his own players is kinda great

Richard Noggin

So, BB's secret to getting the most out of his players is good old "fear."

Fear is a hell of an effective motivator.

Don't want to be humiliated in front of the team for 5 minutes?  

Then do your damned job.

F BB and the Cheatriots. His methods will seem futile soon enough to all his players.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

and maybe that's fine when they're ***** winning.

Each day without Brady make him look not so genius. 

• Like (+1) 1

Would like to see some of those Cam Newton roasts. One of the worst QB seasons I have ever seen. He was terrible. And the play calling showed over and over again how they didn't trust him to throw the ball.

Somehow I think that didn't happen, because all Belichick ever did was talk him up as a good teammate.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Then do your damned job.

It has motivated has players to sign with other teams after Brady was no longer in the picture. 

The "you're not good enough" mantra has lost its shine post-brady.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Then do your damned job.

Yes, that works very well when players put up with it.  It helps when the best player on the team not only backs him up but accepts being humiliated, too.  When that schtick wears thin, things can fall apart in a hurry.  I still think that Bellichick is a brilliant strategist and the way he was able to work his players (no days off) is a big part of his success.  However, without Brady backing him up, I am not sure how long he would have lasted.

13 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

It's hard to understand how a guy so negative can win so much.

Edelman uses the word "demoralize" more than once.  Demoralizing your players is usually not a path to victory.

It depends on the player.  You can get ones that will take the stance of "well f-you, I'm going to prove you wrong" and they'll do it.  Others will affect them to the point they start second guessing everything they do, because they don't want to be called out again, and instead they make more mistakes. 

9 hours ago, qwksilver said:

F BB and the Cheatriots. His methods will seem futile soon enough to all his players.

Each day without Brady make him look not so genius. 

I dont know I would go that far, I mean he took a pretty weak roster into the playoffs last year.  A season where they did beat us once, and challenged late into the season for the divisional title.  And with a noodle arm rookie QB who had no receivers to throw to either.  I mean how many other coaches could have coached that team into the playoffs last year?  I would say its a short list at best, if any. 

But oh was it ever so sweet and satisfying to destroy them and not have a single punt over the 2 games we played them between reg season and playoffs.  

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/19/julian-edelman-tells-an-epic-story-of-bill-belichick-roasting-players-during-film-session/

One of my most hated players, ever, earns some points here. Although the real highlight is just learning how Belichick savages his players.

I feel dirty. 

hahaha thanks for sharing, that was pretty funny

Edited by Alphadawg7

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It sounds hilarious...especially when he is bringing up references to dudes paying in the 60s they never heard of

That sounds exactly like something Hoodie would do, he's just feels like a coach that fit in well in the Lou Saban, Vince Lombardi days. 

Brady talked about this (Belichick demoralizing the team) in that “man in the arena” series. He said even the season they went 16-0 Belichick was constantly demoralizing the team. He said despite clearly being the best team in the league they never felt like they were because Belichick would humble them every day, pointing out every little mistake on film.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.