Jon Feliciano's take on KC playoff game

PromoTheRobot

20 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I don't understand why Feliciano thought he could have brought attitude and physicality to the offense against the Chiefs when he got outplayed by Boettger and Bates all year.

He was also a big part of the 2020 AFCCG loss in KC. Maybe he’s just bitter because he didn’t get a chance at revenge during the 2021 playoffs. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Agree 1

I’ve been thinking about this a lot. At first I was ticked but now I really do think if we would had Jon 15 years ago the drought never would have happened. I’ve have to wonder if he had been playing for us in 90 if maybe that attitude woulda helped Norwood would at all. 

#missingpiece

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I'd be careful to judge someone based a small isolated clip from an hour long interview.

I listened to about 25 minutes and 'the rest of the story' tells a very different tale than this clip.

I think his comments were meant to say the team came out flat against KC.

Other than Allen and Davis who showed up? Beasley, maybe Ed Oliver or Taron Johnson.

That was it. Diggs, Knox and Singletary disappeared and no one on D stepped up to make a play.

He is clearly hurt he was cut from a competing team where he became a starter, and feels like he could have contributed.

Feliciano does not hold back on any topic and tells it how he feels about things, which is honestly refreshing from a pro athlete.

Poor Conner Cook LOL

As for being 'washed up' he is penciled in as the starting C for the OL the Giants are retooling down there.

he is penciled in the keep a seat warm til they can replace him

he has the benefit over other mediocre options in the interim because he knows the system and can make the line calls. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I'd be careful to judge someone based a small isolated clip from an hour long interview.

I listened to about 25 minutes and 'the rest of the story' tells a very different tale than this clip.

Other than Allen and Davis who showed up? Beasley, maybe Ed Oliver or Taron Johnson.

That was it. Diggs, Knox and Singletary disappeared and no one on D stepped up to make a play.

He is clearly hurt he was cut from a competing team where he became a starter, and feels like he could have contributed.

Feliciano does not hold back on any topic and tells it how he feels about things, which is honestly refreshing from a pro athlete.

Poor Conner Cook LOL

As for being 'washed up' he is penciled in as the starting C for the OL the Giants are retooling down there.

“Ya’ll got what you deserved”

you can go ahead and try and twist a positive from that all you like. It’s just you doing a bunch of mental gymnastics for the dude. There’s nothing in the other 25 min that’s gonna make that sound any better. 

• Disagree 1

17 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Poor Conner Cook LOL

It's fine for him to be salty and feel like he could have contributed towards a win if he played. 

Even though he sucks and was way overpaid. 

The "got what they deserved", when the o line and offense had absolutely nothing to do with the loss, is where he comes off as a huge loser. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

“Ya’ll got what you deserved”

you can go ahead and try and twist a positive from that all you like. It’s just you doing a bunch of mental gymnastics for the dude. There’s nothing in the other 25 min that’s gonna make that sound any better. 

I mean he isn’t exactly wrong. Outside of Allen, Diggs, and Davis , this offense and team leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to passionate play. Edmunds doesn’t exactly inspire fanaticism or many players on D for that matter. Watching players like Bruuuuce, and what we have on D is like light years differences. I’m hoping Von Miller can at least bring the spark we desperately need on that side of the ball. 

There were many instances throughout the year of this zombie going through the motion vibe. So I can understand where Mongo is coming from. The Jags game looked like we didn’t even care to be there. 

This team has lacked nastiness for a long time. Not saying Mongo is what was needed, because he isn’t. But I’m finding myself agreeing overall with the sentiment. Some of these guys probably just treat it like a job and go home without thinking about it. Fans seemed to be way more involved/concerned than players ever will be. I’m not sure anyone cares more than Allen and Diggs. Which sucks, because everyone on the team should be as determined as those two. 

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This team has lacked nastiness for a long time. Not saying Mongo is what was needed, because he isn’t. But I’m finding myself agreeing overall with the sentiment. Some of these guys probably just treat it like a job and go home without thinking about it. Fans seemed to be way more involved/concerned than players ever will be. I’m not sure anyone cares more than Allen and Diggs. Which sucks, because everyone on the team should be as determined as those two. 

If true, I'm sure the Bills are trying to weed them out.

Giants will be cutting him by week 8

That said - I hope the Bills play this on a loop in the locker room 

He just thinks what he brings (it isn't talent) is something they needed more of up front.  

He's wrong.  I'm sure in the back of his mind he's thinking the Jacksonville game.  

The defense does need a "freak."  I'll say that. 

Edited by Big Blitz

On 5/21/2022 at 8:42 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

I’ve been thinking about this a lot. At first I was ticked but now I really do think if we would had Jon 15 years ago the drought never would have happened. I’ve have to wonder if he had been playing for us in 90 if maybe that attitude woulda helped Norwood would at all. 

#missingpiece

They got what they deserved back then too! 

On 5/21/2022 at 9:02 AM, NoSaint said:

he is penciled in the keep a seat warm til they can replace him

he has the benefit over other mediocre options in the interim because he knows the system and can make the line calls. 

He’s been following Bobby Johnson from team to team for that reason 

On 5/20/2022 at 7:19 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

I don't understand why Feliciano thought he could have brought attitude and physicality to the offense against the Chiefs when he got outplayed by Boettger and Bates all year.

He evidently feels having “his attitude”is the lynchpin, even though he was warming the bench along with his superior physicality, bet they kept good company with each other…, kinda funny when a guy who got out played by his competition and teammates musters up such words…

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They got what they deserved back then too! 

He’s been following Bobby Johnson from team to team for that reason 

It’s a great gig and has value… but I wouldn’t truly celebrate him as an entrenched starter in this league either. You’d think he’d want to keep a little quieter though, as he doesn’t have much of a hold on any future jobs and not worth a headache for a guy like that.

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

He evidently feels having “his attitude”is the lynchpin, even though he was warming the bench along with his superior physicality, bet they kept good company with each other…, kinda funny when a guy who got out played by his competition and teammates musters up such words…

those pesky stunts just make it so hard to hit the defender! If the guy would just slow down he’d really hit him in the mouth.

On 5/19/2022 at 9:33 PM, Warcodered said:

Bobby Johnson loves him some Feliciano.

Uh oh…lots of ‘happy feet’ already in t-shirts & shorts Mr. Jones?:doh:

On 5/19/2022 at 9:05 PM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I want to know what the KC DEFENSE has to do with the loss... that part I just don't get. His statement makes absolutely no sense to me.

He’s definitely right…it’s like the Bills’ O didn’t even show up on the field during the last 13 seconds of that game! 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.